Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed away most of the weekend. Do we know if the Geff was dismissed on Thursday? It seemed from the tweets he was being questioned by both sides after the jury questions but I don't recall ever seeing a tweet saying he was told to step down.

If he is done, I assume Dr. F (God help us) is up next?

Still no breakfast? At least we will have fruit....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 541
I stayed away most of the weekend. Do we know if the Geff was dismissed on Thursday? It seemed from the tweets he was being questioned by both sides after the jury questions but I don't recall ever seeing a tweet saying he was told to step down.

If he is done, I assume Dr. F (God help us) is up next?
Looking foward to hearing more about the dynamics of thier relationship as well as the suffering in silence.

ETA: Hand Fonseca the crime scene photo exhibits and watch her crumble.

I moved this from the very end of the "Break" thread. Hope that's okay.

OMG ~ I remember reading this in her blog. Go down to April 30, 2008. She changed a "few" words around towards the end and called it her own! I'd be willing to bet (as Truth Detector says) > Ransom's husbands shoes that all of the postings in her blog where taken from other articles!

http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/

Quote from JA's blog, May 10, 2008: I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment. It makes me want to wander this entire globe in search of this in-definitive "something," that I might suddenly experience it, discover it, or some other sort of quickening to quench this thirst I've had since childhood.

I don't think anyone else wrote this bizarre gag-ery but Jodi. It has the same "cut and paste" phrases that she uses in her other writings, the same smugness and superiority she gets elsewhere from showing off words that she doesn't use articulately. It's all a little "off". Then notice the orgasmic quality of pulsing and throbbing, with the demure biblical "quickening" thrown in for good measure. And then, not satisfied with all that nonsense, she buzzes on a dime from sex to the "I'm thirsty" cliché.

Ohh, and then there's the made-up word "in-definitive". Pure Jodi. While I'm all for made-up words, she makes up words that don't even begin to have a meaning. They're....uhhh....decorative.

Folks, I think this is absolutely LMAO hilarious.

It's infuriating to listen to the DT blame Travis for JA's ills. Travis didn't give or cause her illness. As you pointed out, she's been sick for years, most likely since early childhood. If any blame is to be attached, it needs to start with the Ariases, first the parents and then the killer. I can't help but think somewhere along the road someone told Bill and Sandy their little girl needed professional help. Why she never received it? Anybody's guess.
Very often, symptoms of personality disorders are evident by teens and early adulthood. They *can* manifest later but it isn't as common. Still, some people go literally decades before being diagnosed if they are at all. There's a large spectrum in personality disorders - some people are relatively functional for a long time and others have their lives imploding so much so they're forced to get help.

I really can't fault Bill and Sandy for what I'm guilty of myself. Ignorance, love, hope. When you don't know that someone you love is personality disordered you're literally racking your brain trying to explain their actions and behaviors. And when that loved one is subjecting you to near constant psychological abuse, it's very difficult to maintain perspective. You find yourself enabling them and rationalizing their behavior, caught on a roller coaster of ups and downs, without knowing how you got there or how to get off the ride.

I'm there with my teen daughter right now. Because her dad is personality disordered, and there is some research to suggest there *may* be a genetic link, I'm hyper-sensitive to any traits she displays that may be consistent with PD. Unfortunately, that's exactly where we're at now - she's displaying a lot of borderline symptoms. So, back to counseling we go. But we're only there because I know what to look for and her dad was dx'd. If there wasn't that history, I'm not sure how much I would chalk up to 'normal' teenage drama since, even knowing what I know, I hope and pray I'm wrong on my suspicions and it is indeed just normal teenage drama. I'm not Bill or Sandy but I do understand how scary it is to have a teen in a full on rage and threatening their sibling; I do understand the hurt and confusion that no matter how much you love them and no matter what you do for them, it never seems to be enough for them to feel loved; I do understand the pain and anger of being manipulated, lied to, and verbally abused by your own child. And unfortunately, I do absolutely understand the revolving ride of being hopeful when she's happy or behaving 'normally' and hopeless when she's not.

It's a really yucky place for a parent to be.

JMO and FWIW

Very often, symptoms of personality disorders are evident by teens and early adulthood. They *can* manifest later but it isn't as common. Still, some people go literally decades before being diagnosed if they are at all. There's a large spectrum in personality disorders - some people are relatively functional for a long time and others have their lives imploding so much so they're forced to get help.

I really can't fault Bill and Sandy for what I'm guilty of myself. Ignorance, love, hope. When you don't know that someone you love is personality disordered you're literally racking your brain trying to explain their actions and behaviors. And when that loved one is subjecting you to near constant psychological abuse, it's very difficult to maintain perspective. You find yourself enabling them and rationalizing their behavior, caught on a roller coaster of ups and downs, without knowing how you got there or how to get off the ride.

I'm there with my teen daughter right now. Because her dad is personality disordered, and there is some research to suggest their *may* be a genetic link, I'm hyper-sensitive to any traits she displays that may be consistent with PD. Unfortunately, that's exactly where we're at now - she's displaying a lot of borderline symptoms. So, back to counseling we go. But we're only there because I know what to look for and her dad was dx'd. If there wasn't that history, I'm not sure how much I would chalk up to 'normal' teenage drama since, even knowing what I know, I hope and pray I'm wrong on my suspicions and it is indeed just normal teenage drama. I'm not Bill or Sandy but I do understand how scary it is to have a teen in a full on rage and threatening their sibling; I do understand the hurt and confusion that no matter how much you love them and no matter what you do for them, it never seems to be enough for them to feel loved; I do understand the pain and anger of being manipulated, lied to, and verbally abused by your own child. And unfortunately, I do absolutely understand the revolving ride of being hopeful when she's happy or behaving 'normally' and hopeless when she's not.

JMO and FWIW

I think her parents know exactly who she is and that is why they are not standing up for her in court. I think they could be relieved to have her out of their hands. She is a monster. What she did to Travis is not human. If she wanted him dead she could have shot him, poisoned him, But she terrified him for minutes which for him had to feel like much longer until he finally died.

I can imagine that seeing the crime scene photos and knowing that she admits she did that, has to make them feel lucky to be alive.

I'm there with my teen daughter right now. Because her dad is personality disordered, and there is some research to suggest their *may* be a genetic link, I'm hyper-sensitive to any traits she displays that may be consistent with PD. Unfortunately, that's exactly where we're at now - she's displaying a lot of borderline symptoms. So, back to counseling we go. But we're only there because I know what to look for and her dad was dx'd. If there wasn't that history, I'm not sure how much I would chalk up to 'normal' teenage drama since, even knowing what I know, I hope and pray I'm wrong on my suspicions and it is indeed just normal teenage drama. I'm not Bill or Sandy but I do understand how scary it is to have a teen in a full on rage and threatening their sibling; I do understand the hurt and confusion that no matter how much you love them and no matter what you do for them, it never seems to be enough for them to feel loved; I do understand the pain and anger of being manipulated, lied to, and verbally abused by your own child. And unfortunately, I do absolutely understand the revolving ride of being hopeful when she's happy or behaving 'normally' and hopeless when she's not.

JMO and FWIW

BritsKate, I am so sorry. I hope your daughter gets better with help. I was thinking in Bill and Sandi's case (or yours if you hadn't had a husband who was dx'd) that they thought it was teenage hormones. I raised two girls and the house was full of drama on some days. I am guessing every parent, without prior knowledge of this illness, would believe their child would outgrow the behaviors. It is all so very sad.

I think her parents know exactly who she is and that is why they are not standing up for her in court. I think they could be relieved to have her out of their hands. She is a monster. What she did to Travis is not human. If she wanted him dead she could have shot him, poisoned him, But she terrified him for minutes which for him had to feel like much longer until he finally died.

I can imagine that seeing the crime scene photos and knowing that she admits she did that, has to make them feel lucky to be alive.
I actually agree but very often people ask why someone personality disordered didn't get help earlier. It's remarkably easy to chalk a lot of symptoms consistent with PD up to someone being a problem child or troubled teen until and unless their behavior is so egregious and abnormal you just can't.

The personality is in flux until someone is about 25. So, even someone displaying traits associated with a personality disorder is not necessarily going to be personality disordered.

I actually agree but very often people ask why someone personality disordered didn't get help earlier. It's remarkably easy to chalk a lot of symptoms consistent with PD up to someone being a problem child or troubled teen until and unless their behavior is so egregious and abnormal you just can't.

The personality is in flux until someone is about 25. So, even someone displaying traits associated with a personality disorder is not necessarily going to be personality disordered.

I think that she showed who she was as a kid. I think she was a challenge her whole life and while some may call it mental illness, In her case I think she is just selfish and selfserving. I think she has always been this way.

I wax Dx BPD over 15 years ago and I looking back I understand now that I suffered for years and finally went into therapy. Anyway, I am better now but it takes a lot of work. People use to call me "high maintenance".

I can do tweets til about 11 then if someone can take over?

My OH Is coming over and even though he knows in the too deep with this trial I don't want to be rude :floorlaugh:

Goodmorning.

Closing arguments expected today in the sniper trail. I've been amazed that the same questions were not asked over and over and over. Just asked, answered, move along. Two weeks! Just as the judge predicted.

Meanwhile, we will be hearing the same old song and dance in AZ.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Let's hope for a fast moving, full week of court. Would love to see and ending this week, even a sign that we are done with witnesses and that next week will be closings etc would be nice. No more delays, BS or drama. Let's just finish this.

Hoping the court keeps the crazy antic lady (singer and clapper) OUT for the week. So many people on her FB are encouraging her to just go back down there and just be herself, and who cares what Janet (court PIO) and anyone else thinks. The last thing the court needs is more drama from her so I really hope they make her stay in overflow, at the very least.

Going to be a long hard day if it's Dr F on the stand. So everyone be prepared to choke down the same BS she spewed for days and days last time. But no worries, at least we know the jury didn't buy it the first time and they certainly won't buy it the this time.

Goodmorning.

Closing arguments expected today in the sniper trail. I've been amazed that the same questions were not asked over and over and over. Just asked, answered, move along. Two weeks! Just as the judge predicted.

Meanwhile, we will be hearing the same old song and dance in AZ.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Unreal, isn't it.

G'mornin' folks! :seeya:

Don't know how Dr. Fonseca can resurrect the DT or what other lies she is going to add/twist as she has already proven to be a liar. DT is a glutton for punishment. Hopefully we are done with this witness today (yeah, I know, wishful thinking).

I may well skip this direct and return when Juan is up for cross, can't take all this BS psycho babbling drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie