TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking at WS for MONTHS now, decided to join today. I've been following this case from the beginning. This story is just heartbreaking.

On to my point: It looks as though the BF is active in searches every day, with his family, according to the FB page of his brother. So, to me it would speak loudly that if the BF's brother is talking, but the BF is silent, that LE has asked him to keep his mouth shut.

BTW :seeya:

Welcome to WS 53chevygirl! Glad you joined us!

:welcome:

No prob. I've got a word document with most of the direct quotes saved. It might still take me a minute to find, but if they said it, I've probably got it.

Nope, no OCD here at all. LOL.

"Well, I don't think it's changed. I think obviously uh, both of those people would have been witnesses, especially her brother, uh, being the person that last saw her, uh, but I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this investigation. Uh, so I don't know that they were ever considered suspects, more probably witnesses, uh, but at this point, it's too early in the investigation to clear anyone."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42648235/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

This is Gwyn's statement. This is why I don't think they have been referred to as cleared, because they never should have been called suspects, per his own statement. Another thing that I wonder about...maybe the local LE (sheriff) has begun clearing people for their own records, but TBI has not. They are working together, but not neccesarily all on the same page? (That's a scary thought, considering.)

TBI director Gwyn a couple of days ago:

"Everybody's a suspect," Gwyn said. "We have not cleared anyone."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS25/104190317/-75K-reward-Holly-Bobo-case

I think it would be rash for any LE to say people are cleared when there has not been even one POI identified; it doesn't mean that everyone is a suspect or POI, just that no one can be considered 100% cleared at this point.

Exactly!!!

Ok, I'm way out on a limb now...could someone hand me a saw please?

:confused:

okay I've been thinking about the semantics in this case (including the change in spokespeople for the tbi):

-in one of the first pressers special agent with tbi clears brother and bf

-next day the whole head of the tbi seems to now have taken the spokesperson role and says no one is cleared and they do not have tunnel vision

(((((just wondering if the special agent spoke too quickly out loud... said too much))))

that being said the retraction of the first statement has led to a lot of speculation that may play into their hands ie: letting the actual perp think he has the upper hand in terms of suspicion.

when is the last time anyone has seen:
-the head of any "bi" ((this case tbi)) be the spokesperson?
-the governor of a state donate 50k to a reward fund

there are lots of things here (operationally) that make me scratch my head and do the 'what-dance'

moo bah quack etc

Personally, I wish we could for a moment just leave the brother and the BF alone. I honestly believe that LE believes that they are innocent and not involved with Holly's disappearance. In an effort to help the media understand that no one is beyond suspicion and that they have not wrecklessly disregarded the potential of anyone's involvement, they have stated that no one has been officially "cleared". No member of LE wants egg on their face in the remote possibility that anyone becomes a POI that has been previously stated as "cleared". I check in here periodically and everytime I do, someone is going back and forth on the brother's involvement or the BF's involvement. The fact remains that we have virtually no information regarding anything at all and are at the mercy of LE to keep us informed.

JUST A REMINDER

No one has gone there yet. But PLEASE remember, as we seem to be circling back around to this topic:

-It's fine to discuss the brother, boyfriend, and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

WS rules - Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I think it would be rash for any LE to say people are cleared when there has not been even one POI identified; it doesn't mean that everyone is a suspect or POI, just that no one can be considered 100% cleared at this point.

Maybe that's law enforcement's way of giving every one permission to act natural, including the perp, who's nervous system should start to go into overload and self destruct.

Now the perp's nervous system doesn't always melt down, but sometimes it does and they do things that eventually trip themselves up.

Which is of course really cool.

NMK... Yes its fine to post about her school etc. that can be seen on her FB. Just no people.

Ima

TBI director Gwyn a couple of days ago:

"Everybody's a suspect," Gwyn said. "We have not cleared anyone."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS25/104190317/-75K-reward-Holly-Bobo-case

I would like to see the video for that. As I have noticed since I started transcribing vids, there is often a statement made, the whole thing is on video, and for the printed article, the media pulls the statements that they like. Which could be 10 words out of 100.
Unfortunately, I think that's from one of the pressers that I can't find, but I'm off to see if I can't find the whole statement.

I wonder if will hear about the blood test results, at least as to whether it is Holly's blood or not. i thought I saw that they have been using their mobile lab, so at least typing if not full DNA, should be done by now. I mainly want to know if the perp hurt her or if she hurt the perp.

"Well, I don't think it's changed. I think obviously uh, both of those people would have been witnesses, especially her brother, uh, being the person that last saw her, uh, but I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this investigation. Uh, so I don't know that they were ever considered suspects, more probably witnesses, uh, but at this point, it's too early in the investigation to clear anyone."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42648235/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

This is Gwyn's statement. This is why I don't think they have been referred to as cleared, because they never should have been called suspects, per his own statement. Another thing that I wonder about...maybe the local LE (sheriff) has begun clearing people for their own records, but TBI has not. They are working together, but not neccesarily all on the same page? (That's a scary thought, considering.)

Thank you. The article's comments are interesting also.

I wonder if will hear about the blood test results, at least as to whether it is Holly's blood or not. i thought I saw that they have been using their mobile lab, so at least typing if not full DNA, should be done by now. I mainly want to know if the perp hurt her or if she hurt the perp.

I wonder how long it will take. The DNA tests that broke the Anne Pressly case took Arkansas 7 months to process.

I noticed in an interview with the father, he mentioned he thought it was someone local who knew when the mother, himself and Holly left. He didn't mention someone knowing the brother's schedule. Was it unusual for the brother to be there? Just to be clear, I don't believe the brother has anything to do with what happened, he's just a witness. If someone local, they didn't know about the brother.

Quick question, I keep getting an error message on some of the Good Morning America vids related to Holly and others that just won't play, even though no error message.

Can someone else check real quick and see if they load or if they were pulled down? TIA

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/search-underway-tennessee-woman-13389410
the other vids are linked at bottom of page.

(ETA: I'm asking cuz it could be my internet connection. 5 wireless devices, and 1 poor overworked router, it's about to just go on strike today, so it could be me.)

It worked for me.

I found the interview in which he says everybody is a suspect. THAT IS NOT A DIRECT QUOTE. I will have transcript in up in 15-20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth