GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"They are not in direct relation to this case"????? What????? Is it just me or are these confusing statements?!

Hoping you are found safe soon Breeann. :twocents:

SENATH, Mo. -- Authorities have come across three items of interest in the last 24-hours in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, who went missing on Saturday. "We have some physical items of interest," Karnes said. "[I can't elaborate] at this time exactly what they are because they are not in direct relation with the case."

Of the items, Karnes said one was found Tuesday afternoon and two were found earlier today, Wednesday, Aug. 10. Karnes said the items cannot be directly connected or directly not connected with the case at this time.

"We can't rule them out," Karnes said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so confused by those seemingly conflicting statements.

It seems to me he doesn't want to make a definitive statement about the items yet.

I'm finding it hard to believe that no one saw anything!

FBI update:

sl081011_1.jpg
sl081011_2.jpg

http://www.fbi.gov/stlouis/press-releases/2011/update-on-endangered-missing-preschooler

Can someone please send this link to LE or FBI...I've got to go to work and I've had appointments all day. Look at the corner of Hope Street and Slate TIA
Address in map is done by google by default...I didn't put this address in the search...just Hope Street.
Hope St - Google Maps

well, we know directly related would be her bike, or clothing, etc.

What if they found things like rope, or tape, (I hate to even type that) that could be used by a perp during an abduction :(

I haven't read back to the beginning.

Has LE discussed RSO's in the area?

I have not read any direct statements from LE concerning RSOs in the area. But I did read an article in which it was stated that the first thing done, simultaneously with the initial searching, was to visit all the local RSO's.

"They are items of interest," said Chief Omar Karnes. "We've sent them off to the crime lab for testing. They could be evidence. Right now we can't say they are linked to Breeann, and we can't say they aren't."

The items were discovered in an area south of Senath.

Police found a possible physical piece of evidence around 7 p.m. Tuesday. They found two more possible pieces of evidence Wednesday morning.

The items were located on County Road 568 in Dunklin County which is approximately two miles southeast of Breeann's home.

The FBI would give no further details on what they found, but did say crews are searching south of Senath with helicopters and dog teams.

"It's not clothing and it's not the bike," said Chief Karnes.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15243164/physical-evidence-found-linking-to-missing-girl

I'm finding it hard to believe that no one saw anything!

Me too. Considering neighbours said kids play outside all the time, weren't there other kids? What about the adults? Other moms? Older kids?

Thanks nt! Not clothing and not the bike. Hmmmm...

and then this:

Chief Karnes says for the first time he feels the case it's going somewhere.

"It appears a trail is forming," said Chief Karnes. "I believe she's alive. I feel like somebody's trying to hide something."

I really hope so. Trying to hide something......This is going to drive me nuts. I remember Const. Maitland stating that she thought Tori Stafford was alive too. Had me hopeful. I'm going to praying hard tonight.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15243164/physical-evidence-found-linking-to-missing-girl

"We know somebody saw something," Ramos said. "They just don't want to tell us."

"We got some new neighbors in front," Rodriguez said. "If anything would have happened on that road, they would know about it. They didn't see nothing. So, I don't know."

The couple said they were not sure how nothing was seen, as the neighborhood enjoys watching children play.

As for the time the child went missing, Rodriguez said his daughter didn't leave the house until after 10 a.m.

"I didn't leave the house until about 10 [a.m.], to go to that auction," Rodriguez said. "Breeann was still asleep when I left. It had to be after 10 at least. [Ramos] is saying it was closer to 11. She had to get up, brush her teeth, get dressed, and eat cereal before she went outside. It was about 11 o'clock when she went outside and about 11:30 when she went missing. We spend about 30 minutes or 45 minutes looking for her before we called 911.

"[Ramos] seen her about five minutes before. Before Austin came inside, she just seen her outside about five minutes before that. You're talking about five minutes, two or three minutes that Austin went inside, you are talking less than 10 minutes [and she was gone]."

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html

more at the link. Authorities believe the perp may be trying to mislead them by planting these items.

I'm trying to think something that isn't the bike or clothes but that would be connected.

Pictures? Some kind of toy(s)? Packaging from a car seat?

Can't think of much offhand.

Edited to add: After reading the quote from the article in the post before this one, about trying to mislead LE... maybe somebody planted training wheels and other bike parts but they don't belong to Breeann's kind of bike?

Days before Breeann disappeared?:waitasec:

What I don't get is apparently kids play outside all the time in this neighbourhood. No adult saw anything? Wasn't Breeann taken in the afternoon? Were other kids playing with Breeann and her brother?

What about older kids? Teens? Where do they hang out?

I've wondered the same thing. I think it was one of the neighbors who said that there are several children in the neighborhood who play outside together. Even older kids wouldn't be in school this time of year, and even if no other kids were playing with Breeann, weren't there at least other children playing nearby who would have seen something? I get the impression the neighborhood was deserted that day. Why?

I am somewhat familiar with this area. When I was a kid, we drove through there from Illinois to visit my grandma in northeastern Arkansas. That whole area is covered in cotton fields as far as the eye can see. But that looks like soybeans, which is what covered the ground where I grew up.

My cousin received a Robert Kennedy Award in Washington D.C. for a story he wrote about poverty in the Missouri Boothill. That area is extremely impoverished.

There is no interstate through that city, but you can take 412 all the way to Colorado.

This makes me think the perp is local. Why would someone from outside the area stake out a remote, impoverished area? There wouldn't even be a good escape route. The perp couldn't have known how soon Breeann would be discovered missing and LE notified, so had to have a quick escape route - or else was very familiar with the area and didn't have far to drive.

I've wondered the same thing. I think it was one of the neighbors who said that there are several children in the neighborhood who play outside together. Even older kids wouldn't be in school this time of year, and even if no other kids were playing with Breeann, weren't there at least other children playing nearby who would have seen something? I get the impression the neighborhood was deserted that day. Why?

They have new neighbors and that concerns me. From what was printed in the article, it sounds like they don't really know these new neighbors. Not pointing fingers at anyone but like you and a couple of others, I find it very odd that nobody saw anything that morning. Somebody had to have seen something in lieu of what was said about the neighbourhood. Kids played outside all the time.

Also, I don't want to sound mean but a 3 year old waking up at 10 am? Isn't that unusual? My kids were early birds at that age. If they slept in until 8, it was a bonus.

What did i miss its been a rough night my poor little girls birthday present which was a bunny named orieo died tonight and she didn;t take that to well .

What is this i hear about evidence being looked at can someone catch me up..

LE should be able to determine if the van is owned by a local fairly quickly.

That is one old van.

Is it based on a witness description or video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie