GUILTY MO - Christopher Marks, 12, St Louis County, 5 Aug 2012

KSDK NewsChannel 5 ‏@ksdknews

Police confirm they have found the body of 12-year-old Christopher Marks in the Meramec River.

RIPChristopher.jpg

I'm so angry at the loss of this young life...especially if it turns out that he had more than a sip or two of beer. He was 12, he never should have had even one sip...he was little more than a babe. The world will never know Christopher's contribution to it...what a loss. :rose: RIP Christopher, RIP sweet boy. May the Lord bring your family and friends comfort and strength.

Thats beautiful Mom, I can hardly type through the tears

Fly with all the wonderful angels taken too soon young man

May you make people laugh, may you explore always, your wonderful quirky smile will be remembered by me and so many

Christopher Marks I believe you were taken too soon

I am angry, too. If you want to give your 12 year old alcohol, at least have him safe in the home. Not out where he can slip, have poor judgement or get lost or killed. A couple sips? maybe no biggie...if safe in your living room.

I am angry, too. If you want to give your 12 year old alcohol, at least have him safe in the home. Not out where he can slip, have poor judgement or get lost or killed. A couple sips? maybe no biggie...if safe in your living room.

I couldn't disagree more. No alcohol for minors....period. Not at home, not at a friends, not in the garage, not at the river, no where...no time. End of story.

I hope he didn't suffer... Or that he wasn't terrified for any reason. :praying:

Well goodnight all, hold your children tight and give them an extra "I love you"

:rose:

We recently had a drowning in Lake Hickory. A toddler drowned while his mom drank alcohol and fell asleep. I don't know that I could live with that. Water and alcohol use never mix.

Rest, sweet Christopher....

Gosh so sad. I cannot imagine losing my son who is also a Scout and close to the same age. :( My heart breaks.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

So sad. A beautiful boy gone in an instant. I cannot blame anyone for this, it was an accidental drowning. RIP sweet boy.

These kids were drinking beer under the supervision of one adult. A 12 yr old, alcohol and river swimming is not a good combination. If these kids were drinking alcohol this was more than just an accident, it was negligent.

So incredibly sad.

:cry: May you R.I.P. Christopher, sweet boy :cry:

This makes me so angry. :(

RIP Christopher.

I just read read about him disappearing yesterday. I'm sad that he has passed but am glad there was a swift ending for the family. I will reserve judgement on the alcohol. The family is paying the ultimate price for their mistake. Very sad.

Wait, how old were the kids drinking? Were they 20 and the 12 yr old was tagging along and "swiped some"? Or were all the kids 12-16 ish and drinking???? Maybe I missed it zipping through posts.

I won't reserve judgement if they were knowingly and willingly allowing a 12 yr old to drink...nope can't do it. 12!!! Not 19 or 20, but 12!!!

Have I let my DD at 19 almost 20 have a margarita at home, yep and play cards/games and go to bed here at home. Not a 12 yr old ...nope. Big difference there! And alcohol and water don't mix. Period. No matter how old or experienced of a drinker you are.

This is such a sad case. I am a friend of one of the family members. I didn't know Chris, but I sure wish that he had been given the opportunity to live a full life. I expect to see charges of some sort. I'm sure there will be more investigating in the coming weeks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

In above article at huff post:

Katie stated that her younger brother drank a small amount of beer, but that "it wasn't much" and he was not intoxicated.

so "it wasnt much" according to a 15-yr old and she supposedly knows this how? And this is supposed to appease us? and she knows intoxicated ppl vs not intoxicated ppl? OMG seriously

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back