The Church?

Thanks from those of us who are not in the area.

So I was stuck behind a truck on my drive through Tracy today, so I was going fairly slow. I could not see the shed behind the church--in fact, while going east, there is not a very good view of the church due to the trees. If traffic were the usual stop and slow on Fri afternoon, I bet someone could see vehicles going in and out of the church, but prob nothing suspicious looking.

Question on crawl space.....is the crawl space accessible outside? I mean I know it is, but would it have been visible to anyone passing by? or would someone have to *know* it was there? Does that make sense??

I think they would have to know it was there. If you watch the video, the policewoman has to get down on her hands and knees to get in there, but seems to be able to stand once inside.

And whether the police will confirm the gloves or not - they obviously were pulled out by the person under the church on that video, and the TV reporter says they are gloves.

They are searching the church again! This time they are up on the roof searching under the tiles along the top. Scandi had a friend with some insight into a possibility why.

By this evening, the crime-scene tape was back up again, and FBI agents and police were seen on the roof, in the shed and taking a pretty big piece of evidence — about the size of a curbside garbage can — from inside the church and into a crime scene van.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...get=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

I just called one of our installers and told him the situation about the selling of *advertiser censored* on the internet, the cop walking on the roof, a fold-up bed removed from the church today, etc, and listen to this!

He told me what he thinks that cop was looking for was a receiver on top of the roof, hidden in the shingles. It could be as small as a microchip but probably the size of a cell phone.

What would happen is that as the photos are taken they are picked up by the receiver and then loaded directly onto the internet by someone else who receives them from that receiver.

That is the simplified version, as far as my non-electronic mind can take it. But he said it would take several people to do but it would work nifty. I forgot to ask him how the pictures get transmitted up to the receiver on the roof. Maybe we have someone here who knows that. I think it is all wireless equipment. xox
Thanks for the 411, Scandi!!

It seems that churches, under age sex and perverts (inc FDL & priests)
are getting more and more popular.
I hope LE,FBI follows a money trail..............and TRACY60
I think this is the tip of the iceberg and that the canary will sing..........
or has sung!!! (confession and tell about others)
She lived with grandparents! They KNOW more than they will ever confess!
and THEY left town..............would we? if innocent????

It seems that churches, under age sex and perverts (inc FDL & priests)
are getting more and more popular.
I hope LE,FBI follows a money trail..............and TRACY60
I think this is the tip of the iceberg and that the canary will sing..........
or has sung!!! (confession and tell about others)
She lived with grandparents! They KNOW more than they will ever confess!
and THEY left town..............would we? if innocent????

I am coming fairly new to this, but just reading the background on Huckaby, it sounds as if she has always been a troubled individual.

The people who are close to her will think, "Oh, good, Melissa is being active in church, she is getting her life together" or "Melissa needs to keep up the church and do more of it, to keep her out of trouble."

Other more objective people would look at this and think, "Stay away from children because you have some serious issues!"

Poor sweet child Sandra. She looks like such a trusting little girl.

I just want to know more about the why and the how, because I can't wrap my head around this.

I am coming fairly new to this, but just reading the background on Huckaby, it sounds as if she has always been a troubled individual.

The people who are close to her will think, "Oh, good, Melissa is being active in church, she is getting her life together" or "Melissa needs to keep up the church and do more of it, to keep her out of trouble."

Other more objective people would look at this and think, "Stay away from children because you have some serious issues!"

Poor sweet child Sandra. She looks like such a trusting little girl.

I just want to know more about the why and the how, because I can't wrap my head around this.

Most children this age are trusting, that is what makes this so heartbreaking.

The church only has 15-20 members.
Who are the members?
The church hasn't had services since 2007.
Who pays pastor? caretaker? utilities?
What is church used for?
Money trail...........
Is this church really a small cult meeting place???
WHY a fold up bed in the church?
Who all has keys? every member?

One video I watched today on cbs13 said the church planned on having Easter services today (that was before Melissa's arrest so not sure if they did or not)

I believe a blog that cannot be named was reporting those things about the church (nurse personally does not buy it)

The church only has 15-20 members.
Who are the members?
The church hasn't had services since 2007.
Who pays pastor? caretaker? utilities?
What is church used for?
Money trail...........
Is this church really a small cult meeting place???
WHY a fold up bed in the church?
Who all has keys? every member?

Good questions...I wonder most of the same things. Especially who pays the bills? Possibly 1 or 2 affluent members? And what do the few members find so appealing about attending such a tiny church? The fold up bed doesn't stirke me as odd. All 3 of the churches I've been a member at have had several fold up beds for visiting missions teams/homeless/passer-throughs that have some affiliation with the church.

Those are good questions I agree. As for a very small congregation, many times I have seen churches where the as the congregation ages and there are no new members, the congregation will dwindle to almost nothing. (Subjective observation on my part).

The few congregants that stay, stay because they have attended the church for a good portion of their lives, or they have a special affinity or devotion to that Pastor. (My own observation)

The question as to who pays for what at this church can't be answered without knowing who owns the land the church sits on, and who owns the building. If the building is paid off and owned free and clear by a congregant or is rented would need to be known.

As for the Pastor, I have no information about him other than he is a Pastor. It is my experience from being the Granddaughter of a Preacher who had his own congregation that many Pastors will work other jobs. My own Grandfather was a full time Pastor of a smallish congregation and he also was a Special Education Teacher for 5th graders.

Just some food for thought about those questions.

Thanks from those of us who are not in the area.

O/T, Do you travel the same route Scott Peterson did when he drove to the Berkeley Marina? I would be thinking about Laci and Connor too! xox
I believe Scott took 132 to 5 to 580, instead of 99 to 120 to 205 to 580. His warehouse was just blocks from 132. There are only those two routes from Modesto to the Bay Area.

They are searching the church again! This time they are up on the roof searching under the tiles along the top. Scandi had a friend with some insight into a possibility why.

By this evening, the crime-scene tape was back up again, and FBI agents and police were seen on the roof, in the shed and taking a pretty big piece of evidence — about the size of a curbside garbage can — from inside the church and into a crime scene van.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...get=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&
I find it so sad that all this is happening under the cover of a church.

I thought Gacy was probably classified as organized also, but have never read a profiler's report on him. I'm very aware of his crimes and the burying, the wanting to be close to his victims. He was totally schizo and his behavior in prison was also incredibly bizarre.

The hiding behind a mask of a clown--- metaphorically, being a " kind man who likes children".
Just thinkin' about the men who do evil while hiding behind different types of " masks".

I agree with what you've said about Sandra's killer being someone she knew and trusted.

Most pedophiles "like" children. They claim to in order to gain access to them. That's why churches need to patrol the people who are working with the youth in the church. Look at all the priests who have been accused of being pedophiles. I know ofone who was found to be a pedophile and all the church did was transfer him to a church in Turlock.

I don't think this is the answer.

Most pedophiles "like" children. They claim to in order to gain access to them. That's why churches need to patrol the people who are working with the youth in the church. Look at all the priests who have been accused of being pedophiles. I know ofone who was found to be a pedophile and all the church did was transfer him to a church in Turlock.

I don't think this is the answer.

I guess I didn't phrase my post too well, did I? Take out the " likes children" part.. I really do know better than to have phrased a sentence in an ambiguous way. I am so embarrassed. :blushing:
To all who are reading here who are abuse survivors, I am so sorry.
I know, of course, that those who commit crimes against children are preying upon their innocence. That every aspect concerning a sex crime against a child is deviant criminal behavior, and that the criminal pedophile cannot truly like or love a child. A deviant attraction or act against a child is certainly different from " liking' them.

I don't think sexual predators can ever be rehabilitated or put back in general society safely. But, of course, most are released, and we can only guess at the outcomes unless one makes the headlines as a re-offender, like Couey.

Am sure this link is already posted but couldn't find it. Just have to say it sickens me when the photo of the killer is side-by-side with their victim. Especially when the victim is a child. Petty, I know, but can't help it....just makes me ill to see Sandra's beautiful eyes so full of life so close to the eyes that watched as those beautiful eyes closed for their final time. We really do need a swear forum....maybe a pay-for-use one...like a family swear box.

Police say Sandra Cantu was killed in church
http://www.cbs12.com/news/church_4716798___article.html/huckaby_cantu.html

Am sure this link is already posted but couldn't find it. Just have to say it sickens me when the photo of the killer is side-by-side with their victim. Especially when the victim is a child. Petty, I know, but can't help it....just makes me ill to see Sandra's beautiful eyes so full of life so close to the eyes that watched as those beautiful eyes closed for their final time. We really do need a swear forum....maybe a pay-for-use one...like a family swear box.

Police say Sandra Cantu was killed in church
http://www.cbs12.com/news/church_4716798___article.html/huckaby_cantu.html

I wanted to bump this post because there seemed to be a bit of confusion in regards to whether or not the church is where the crime was committed. I read it to be that the church is the place where Sandra was killed.

I also wanted to say that I am a member of a Baptist church and the Sunday school teachers must attend classes before being put in a leadership role in the church. Also since they are involved with the education of children(my church also is a Baptist Academy) they must submit to a background check and adhere to bylaws. I sincerely hope that this incident draws a lot of attention to this church and significant investigations are being done. Parents who think their children are safe because they are in a building labeled as a church shouldn't take for granted that their children are safe. In my opinion. Take nothing for granted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back