MTR Discussions

Thanks Bleedingheart, this means that the LFP reporter believes that the blue vehicle referenced in the article ("Five minutes later, the blue car is seen heading north on the same street") is MR's vehicle. I don't think the reporter is talking about the same vehicle as the vehicle belonging to your neighbour. Do you remember if this was cleared up before the arrests (May 19th) LE appealed to the owner of that vehicle to come forward on May 4th. The LFP press article is dated May 27th. TIA
I am sure it was before the arrests. It took a long time for that car to be found, and when it was, the neighbor property was searched thoroughly.

http://www.lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/20/9510571.html
As this link states, RE: TLM helps Mr escape. How and when was she able to do this?? Anyone know?? And where did he escape to??

Good questions. And escape from where?

We've been told that MR made no attempt to hide or leave the Woodstock area - at least not after April 12th. No one has been able to confirm or refute that TLM was even able to drive. However, if she was driving MR's car on April 8, that might go a little ways in trying to explain this sentence.

But I believe this is yet another example of sloppy journalism - a rush job to get a story out there. One of several statements that was never repeated.

MOO

Good questions. And escape from where?

We've been told that MR made no attempt to hide or leave the Woodstock area - at least not after April 12th. No one has been able to confirm or refute that TLM was even able to drive. However, if she was driving MR's car on April 8, that might go a little ways in trying to explain this sentence.

But I believe this is yet another example of sloppy journalism - a rush job to get a story out there. One of several statements that was never repeated.

MOO
How true, AG some of these journalism skills are pathetic!!

I am sure it was before the arrests. It took a long time for that car to be found, and when it was, the neighbor property was searched thoroughly.
Matuo~~the neighbors car is blue. I was led to believe Mr car was spray painted black. (Parts of it, just the bumper looked blue in the pics from Le)

yes the coed gym is at thee Quality Inn. It has the gym and a busy restaurant there too. I would think someone would have seen the arrest if it had happened here. But~~you never know

the co-ed gym is open 24hrs, the restaurant closes at 10pm i believe (i used to work at the hotel and was a member of the gym.) depending on where he parked and the time he was there, it's very possible that no one was around to witness an arrest.

Matuo~~the neighbors car is blue. I was led to believe Mr car was spray painted black. (Parts of it, just the bumper looked blue in the pics from Le)

Thanks again bleedingheart! So the neighbour's blue station wagon is the car that LE was looking for that was caught on film driving in the same direction that Tori and the POI. Constable Maitland released the info about this vehicle on May 4th and made it seem like the driver was a valuable witness and may have seen what happened. If this is the car that the London Free Press (May 27th article) is referring to then the reporter was so wrong in thinking that that vehicle even looks remotely like the car from the Esso footage (image released to the public on May 22nd). That witness vehicle looks like a station wagon and definitely not like MR's vehicle.

I want to write the LFP and get this cleared up: is the car that drives by 5 minutes later (referred to in the article) the witness vehicle (neighbour was already questioned by LE at this point) or is it believed to be the suspect vehicle (blue car and does not look spray painted black, according to the article). The reporter writes that "sources" gave LFP this info.

A few people who know MR talk to reporters.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XesJOsnnk"]YouTube - Who are Michael Rafferty & Terri-Lynne McClintic? - Suspects in tori's murder[/ame] Interview with Dasha

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090521.TORIRAFFERTY21ART2250/TPStory/ Discussion with MR's stepdad

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/05/21/9520751-sun.html Jennifer and Melanies opinions of MR

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo..._suspects_090521/20090521/?hub=TorontoNewHome Info on TLM and MR

The Richmond Hill address MTR gave as a one time residence. Is this not a wealthy area of Toronto??? This makes me wonder sometimes if the politician Rafferty had this address also at one time . JMOO.
This is still a thought of mine simply because I am nosey and would like to know where all the money is comming from for M.R defense and those expensive lawyers.

For those who were wondering, the picture from MR's home the day after his arrest shows a white or light coloured minivan in the driveway. One could assume it's his mother's but as with everything else we just don't know. What does appear to be missing is MR's car in the driveway.

2ufxgkl.jpg

If MTR was arrested at the gym someone would have had to have given LE his location. Perhaps his mother?

The Richmond Hill address MTR gave as a one time residence. Is this not a wealthy area of Toronto??? This makes me wonder sometimes if the politician Rafferty had this address also at one time . JMOO.
This is still a thought of mine simply because I am nosey and would like to know where all the money is comming from for M.R defense and those expensive lawyers.
I am still wondering if their is a connection there. A lot of coincidences. I think we're a bit afraid to go there though, if we're wrong it could be a big problem. I think it's very possible though. This would definitely explain why the family is SOOOOOO quiet. I don't buy the story that the lawyer told them not to talk. Don't buy it at all. Just my opinion though.

If MTR was arrested at the gym someone would have had to have given LE his location. Perhaps his mother?
I think DC has said that neither she or MTR's mother knew of his whereabouts that day. Maybe LE had already been keeping an eye on him and knew where he was.

I am still wondering if their is a connection there. A lot of coincidences. I think we're a bit afraid to go there though, if we're wrong it could be a big problem. I think it's very possible though. This would definitely explain why the family is SOOOOOO quiet. I don't buy the story that the lawyer told them not to talk. Don't buy it at all. Just my opinion though.

My only reservation about this paternity theory is why an unmarried woman would give her baby the biological father's surname (if this is even possible?), especially if the father never wanted anything to do with them. Aren't newborns automatically given the mother's last name until they are adopted by a father? I'll try to check on this. JMO

My only reservation about this paternity theory is why an unmarried woman would give her baby the biological father's surname (if this is even possible?), especially if the father never wanted anything to do with them. Aren't newborns automatically given the mother's last name until they are adopted by a father? I'll try to check on this. JMO

This is just my experience but it happened in Ontario. I don't think they have to be "adopted" by a father but the father has to sign the birth registration card. When my son was born, I wanted his last name to be hyphenated even though his Dad and I aren't (and never were) married. His father and I both signed the registration card I was given at the hospital. I mailed it in and then got my son's birth certificate.

I don't have any experience with anyone wanting to give a father's last name if the father doesn't want to sign the registration card so I can't speak to that.

I was unmarried when my first child was born, the hospital gave him my name but I was able to put whatever name I wanted on his birth cert, my son has his dad's last name and we weren't even together at the time........

sorry didn't see this answered already....

Do we know for sure that she was never legally married to MR's father?

I too am under the impression that the mother can put down the name of the bio father (without a signature from him) and take the name.

If they were not married and the mother was to do this and then seek financial assistance from the "father" it would be up to him to prove that he is not and have his name removed.

If we are talking about the TB guy - he certainly would not be the first to get a girl pregnant while he was in university and hightail it out of the country for a while. JMO

I think it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Most people who I know that had children when they weren't married gave the child the father's name. Nowadays I think a lot of kids have both names hyphenated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back