NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the obvious thing that springs to mind would be a scalp laceration - they can bleed like a fountain - or some other open wound - but as I haven't seen the news footage and the distribution of the stain, I can't be any more specific than that.

However, I'm still not sure how that ties in with the defence claims of the only injury being a chipped tooth.

Either the defence is telling porkies and trying it on for size, or the blood stain is from some time previously. Or not Allison's.

The two conflicting apparent facts just don't fit together. We really need more info from the autopsy.

I think GBC almost certainly is the guilty party, although incredibly stupid if he was.

I think there may also be some not so cut and dried aspects to the case, which may be why it took the QPS 8 weeks to make the arrest.

Would a smashed nose contribute a lot of blood?

How long would blood stay visible in this type of testing? Could it have been from a past injury? Don't want to make any assumptions here, as there is no current proof or evidence that there was any DV in the relationship, but just wondering.

Old bloodstains have been reported to give more intense and longer lasting CL then fresh. Also, the forensic luminol test can be used repeatedly.

References:

Della Manna, A. and Montpetit, S., A novel approach to obtaining reliable PCR results from luminol treated bloodstains. J Forensic Sci., 2000 Jul;45(4):886 - 90

James, S.H., Kish, P.E. and Sutton, T.P., Principle of bloodstain pattern analysis: theory and practice, 2005 CRC press Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 978-1-8493-2014-9

Seeing the part of GBC's text Allison that morning makes me laugh. "Hope you slept well." I'm sure he'd never text her that on any normal morning when he didn't think police would be checking his phone. Amazing how sweet you are under these conditions.:rocker: I'm surprised he didn't add "You know I'd never kill you by the way."

If she'd just gone for a walk and vanished, that is an odd thing to say IMO. It doesn't mean much but it just seems weird unless he had reason to think she had gone somewhere else.

I am with the majority here about what is the most likely horrible
outcome that has become to interest me greatly.

IMO and in all honesty if my hubby had/was having any form of
outside marriage affair/going ons there is NO WAY in HELL he
would be in the same bedroom as me let alone the same bed.

Which if on the extremely unlikely event GBC is not the convicted
person might surely explain why he hadn't noticed Allison was missing......

The <modsnip> wouldnt be in my bed or pants either after that I can assure you.

oh gosh.. not the bushy haired stranger thing again??

dearie me. ... I long ago discarded the theory that a phantom lived under the Kholo Bridge, ( never seen by the human eye at any time ) left that base, sought out Allison, bought her back to his base under the bridge, dead or alive, and then evaporated, never to be seen or heard of again.

Old bloodstains have been reported to give more intense and longer lasting CL then fresh. Also, the forensic luminol test can be used repeatedly.

References:

Della Manna, A. and Montpetit, S., A novel approach to obtaining reliable PCR results from luminol treated bloodstains. J Forensic Sci., 2000 Jul;45(4):886 - 90

James, S.H., Kish, P.E. and Sutton, T.P., Principle of bloodstain pattern analysis: theory and practice, 2005 CRC press Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 978-1-8493-2014-9

Hey google grannie, does luminal show urine too, I believe it doesnt.

Well the obvious thing that springs to mind would be a scalp laceration - they can bleed like a fountain - or some other open wound - but as I haven't seen the news footage and the distribution of the stain, I can't be any more specific than that.

However, I'm still not sure how that ties in with the defence claims of the only injury being a chipped tooth.

Either the defence is telling porkies and trying it on for size, or the blood stain is from some time previously. Or not Allison's.

The two conflicting apparent facts just don't fit together. We really need more info from the autopsy.

I think GBC almost certainly is the guilty party, although incredibly stupid if he was.

I think there may also be some not so cut and dried aspects to the case, which may be why it took the QPS 8 weeks to make the arrest.

Internal injury causing vomiting prior to death? Post mortem purging with or without an internal injury? Are either of those suppositions plausible?

dearie me. ... I long ago discarded the theory that a phantom lived under the Kholo Bridge, ( never seen by the human eye at any time ) left that base, sought out Allison, bought her back to his base under the bridge, dead or alive, and then evaporated, never to be seen or heard of again.

I always pictured that stranger to have a mullet for some reason lol.

Fair point. And I am not a legal expert, but I would presume that the defence would be given access, under the rules of discovery, to the autopsy report at least.... Or if not, and there WERE other injuries, then surely the prosecutor would have countered the defence's claim there and then?

Are they allowed to withhold the autopsy findings from the defence team?

How did the defence team know there was a chipped left lower tooth?

The defence team would be told by the State Prosecutor.... and yes, the police can withhold every damn thing , of whatever nature , should they choose, until a trial date is set.

the rules of discovery, as you put it, do not get set to roll until and unless a trial date is set. A trial date has not been set.. You will see more revealed at the Committal.. but not all. Far from.

Hello Dr. Watson and welcome. I've read quite a few of your posts on Robbo's site.

BBM: I think you'll find that the defence claimed that the only external injury was a chipped tooth. Many of us here at WS have sleuthed how Allison may have died if there were no external injuries. Strangulation, smothering and poisoning/drugging have been discussed. When you do get to see the news footage I would be very intrerested in your opinion on what type of injury would cause that amount of blood in the back of the Captiva. Would internal bleeding cause that amount of bleeding? If it was internal bleeding, IMO that would indicate that she had been beaten or perhaps run over.

of course, the defence can PAY for their own autopsy, they can pay for their own investigation, they can pay for their own luminol tests, their own phone analysis.. there is nothing to prevent this. Before the trial date is set. or.. they can wait.

Would a smashed nose contribute a lot of blood?

my son once fell and his nose bled -it went on for more than 20 minutes an unflappable teacher suggested I take him to hospital but one of the mums stopped it with a pressure point on his hand but oh my there was a lot of blood

I always pictured that stranger to have a mullet for some reason lol.

Well didn't someone try and put forward that QPS should be looking for the murderer in Ipswich ??? I think you can add a flannie and pack of 'Winnie' reds to the mullet ;D

MOO

Not before delivering Allison's car back to the house first :waitasec:

Regarding the use of Luminol..my understanding is that it can detect very slight amounts of blood or blood that has attempted to be cleaned up?If someone attempted to clean the car of blood AND fingerprints also then.. surely the defence cant claim it to be old blood of Allisons if her fingerprints are not present in the car? make sense?

OK - thanks for clarifying that, Trooper. Although the defence team DID claim that the chipped tooth was the ONLY injury....

Internal injury causing vomiting prior to death? Post mortem purging with or without an internal injury? Are either of those suppositions plausible?

Yes - that is feasible. And I have thought along those lines myself, particularly the vomiting of blood. But the autopsy would have shown the cause of that.

The correlation between what the defence alleges are the autopsy findings, and the actual autopsy findings is the fly in the ointment for me at this stage.

this phantom was also able to use Gerards computer that morning ... how neat is that?

I know this will have been discussed, but because I am away and on my iPhone, I haven't managed to read all posts...Maybe someone else answered NBC's phone on the night...who was staying at their house?...I know I leave mine in the kitchen overnight so I am not tempted to check it if I wake at night. Perhaps another family member...IMO
From what I heard online from tonight's news the Baden-Clay family are refusing to talk to QPS.
Sorry to start Greg off again! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member