Atlantic City Eastbound Strangler 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

just some general notes on the tides.

with a new moon on november 20, you would have roughly 2 highs and 2 lows on that day. its important to note too that tides are predictions, and can and do vary, mainly due to the wind and location.

for example a westerly wind like you had on november 20 will influence those highs and lows. as the water is flowing in to the bays and creeks, it will be pushing against the wind, so it won't come in at a precise rate. In my experience a west wind will keep that high tide out longer and water will come rushing in faster nearer to the predicted time of high tide. It will also push the tide out a bit further and sooner, once the high tide turns and starts to head back out again.

Location will influence tidal flow based on the geography that the tide is flowing around, over and through. If you have a narrow channel like and inlet or creek, the water can only flow through over time in a specific volume. Thus it is possible back bays and creeks, to still have water flowing in to some of the narrower way in the back areas, even after high tide has come and should be heading back down to low tide. Sort of like how when you pour water through a funnel, there will be a back log of water that cannot pass through neck as fast as the water enters the funnel.

one thing is, unless we know otherwise, we are assuming the victims were placed in the water, and not just in the weeds around the water, to later be moved by a higher tide than at the time of they were originally placed.

i think it makes sense for a lot of reasons that they were placed in water, but i don't know that i have seen that or can assume that from what i have read. certainly seems safe to assume it was within the tidal zone.

so i guess we could surmise victim number 4 would have to have been discovered within a six hour window or less from the time of her placement to not have been subjected to the same most recent tidal conditions the other 3 victims were subject too.

hope this makes sense.

one thing is, unless we know otherwise, we are assuming the victims were placed in the water, and not just in the weeds around the water, to later be moved by a higher tide than at the time of they were originally placed.

i think it makes sense for a lot of reasons that they were placed in water, but i don't know that i have seen that or can assume that from what i have read. certainly seems safe to assume it was within the tidal zone.

so i guess we could surmise victim number 4 would have to have been discovered within a six hour window or less from the time of her placement to not have been subjected to the same most recent tidal conditions the other 3 victims were subject too.

hope this makes sense.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I have Ms. Raffo's body being placed in the weeds or in the water no later than 8:00 am on the morning of the 19th. I chose that time frame on the basis of the medical examiners determination that she was in the water for “a couple of days”.

I also theorized that the Golden Key provided cover from the BHP as it may have occurred in the early morning hours when the sun was rising. Muttley supplied a more detailed analysis that seems to support the theory that the tide may have not moved her far from her original position. Does this all sound logical?

If that 8:00 am (or earlier) time frame is correct then she may have been in the water, allowing for the tide, for 25-30 hrs. Translation: This guy is efficient. She was alive at 5:00 am and possibly dead at 8:00 am. Maybe fast enough for this guy not to be late for work. - Just my opinion.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I have Ms. Raffo's body being placed in the weeds or in the water no later than 8:00 am on the morning of the 19th. I chose that time frame on the basis of the medical examiners determination that she was in the water for “a couple of days”.

I also theorized that the Golden Key provided cover from the BHP as it may have occurred in the early morning hours when the sun was rising. Muttley supplied a more detailed analysis that seems to support the theory that the tide may have not moved her far from her original position. Does this all sound logical?

If that 8:00 am (or earlier) time frame is correct then she may have been in the water, allowing for the tide, for 25-30 hrs. Translation: This guy is efficient. She was alive at 5:00 am and possibly dead at 8:00 am. Maybe fast enough for this guy not to be late for work. - Just my opinion.

it does all sound logical, though i'm forgetting the timeline and i'm feeling like even 8 AM might be "too late" in the morning for someone to feel comfortable back there with a body in the morning light. i guess that makes my likely window of opportunity even smaller if she left the doctor at 5 AM.

i am right there with you and muttley both on the rest of it though. i guess given this timeline, i am wondering how well "cleared" the doctor is.

Of course, work, it's Monday! Cynical_1 you have also theorized that the killer used the Golden Key Motel to block visual from the BHP.

I would like to theorize that he used the NE access road and used the vehicle to block visual access from the AC Expressway. I think it's close enough to be a concern to him, especially at twilight. I believe someone like him, in planning this spot to use, would park there many times, maybe even with lights on, to see if it attracted any attention. With lights off, he can use the billboards lights to drive and still see with no lights on. But it was lighter when he needed to get rid of Kim Raffo's body, so he used better screens, but closer to the hotel. To illustrate this point I have attached an above the area view showing where the vehicle could access the other service road.

I also snapped a visual from the ground on the AC Expressway looking at where the hotel had been. The building we can see is across the 5 lane BHP. It doesn't look that far to me. If the Golden Key building was there, I believe someone could be seen against it's light coloring. The billboard is there and note the telephone pole size, about the width of a person. If I am figuring correctly that pole is almost where Kim Raffo was found. GoldenKey From AC Expressway.jpgGoogleMapAccessRoadsBehindGoldenKeyc.jpg

So I hope LE has video footage (still) they gathered at the time from the two other hotels in the direction of the entrance to the access/service road from BHP. Even a camera from across the street covering a lobby or something in the area might have a vehicle going down this road in the time range. If we match that vehicle with several visits over the month, we maybe have our vehicle.

i'd also speculate that the vehicle would likely have been a 4x4 on either road, as that is no place to get stuck with a honda civic and 4 dead bodies.

I just started watching..Terry is lying..I can tell while watching the show you asked him if he had ever been there in the back of the motel and he said no never, but you guys put it as No. Never he used a double negative..i know that it is not much to go on but I KNOW when people are lying and he is lying..you guys should have a professional liar detector watch those interviews.

53e22a236228b.image.jpg

I'd like to correct an error that I made in an earlier post concerning this individual. I stated that he appeared in court on Oct 15th, 2016. That date may actually be the date of the article that published a video of his indictment. So I stand corrected.

With that being said there is a possibility that this individual could be considered a POI in the 2006 murders as well as the murder of Joyce Vanderhoff.

Concerning the Tara Rogers-Alicia case:

The State Medical Examiner’s Office, in consultation with a State Medical Anthropologist, determined the cause of death to be asphyxiation by strangulation, and ruled her death a homicide.

A joint investigation by the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit, the Egg Harbor Township Police Department, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with the assistance of the Pleasantville Police Department, culminated in the arrest of Stallworth on August 5, 2014. Detectives arrested Stallworth without incident in Mays Landing at approximately 9:40 a.m.

http://www.gallowaytownshipnews.com/2015/07/pleasantville-man-indicted-for-murder.html

I do remember the winter of 2014 when the bodies of Tara Rogers-Alicia & Joyce Vanderhoff were discovered. One couldn't help but speculate that the person responsible for the 2006 murders was active again. Judging by the amount of resources devoted to solving the Rogers-Alicia case I'm not the only one who felt that may have been a possibility.

There has been very little information released concerning the particulars of this case and I do not know when it is scheduled to come to trial.

Here's a link to the Websleuths thread concerning Tara Rogers-Alicia.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?230901-NJ-Tara-Rogers-Alicea-30-found-dead-in-suitcase-Egg-Harbor-31-July-2013

Do you have any info about his trail date? (I'm a local)

Do you have any info about his trial date? (I'm a local)

Hi, I haven't heard anything in news reports concerning the trial date of Stallworth. If I do come across anything I'll be sure to post it.

Here's a little more info on Steven Stallworth.

Egg Harbor Township Police Blotter, Edition of January 27, 2011
Steven R. Stallworth, 23, of Egg Harbor Township was arrested Jan. 14 by Detectives Anthony Branca and Steven Hillesheim and Sheriff’s Officer Christopher Mulholland for nonsupport.
http://www.shorenewstoday.com/egg_harbor_township/police_blotter/egg-harbor-township-police-blotter-edition-of-jan/article_e91972f4-b92a-5c3d-82a4-63d76f6be134.html

Egg Harbor Township Police Blotter, Edition of April 26, 2012
Steven R. Stallworth Jr., 24, of Egg Harbor Township was arrested April 14 by Officer Jeff Lancaster and charged with simple assault.
http://www.shorenewstoday.com/egg_harbor_township/police_blotter/egg-harbor-township-police-blotter-edition-of-april/article_762409e1-932a-5c7b-b63d-fe64b0dc7e06.html

I just started watching..Terry is lying..I can tell while watching the show you asked him if he had ever been there in the back of the motel and he said no never, but you guys put it as No. Never he used a double negative..i know that it is not much to go on but I KNOW when people are lying and he is lying..you guys should have a professional liar detector watch those interviews.

Was he the guy who "couldn't remember" if he'd put a belt around one of the victim's necks during consensual sex? Yeah, he seemed very fishy to me. But there are a lot of fishy people around, unfortunately.

There's a video of him in court for the indictment.
http://videos.pressofatlanticcity.com/Man-accused-of-killing-woman-found-in-suitcase-26493322

Sometimes it plays other times it says "Error: no valid source could be found". I caught it at a time when it played and it appeared that there was a full courtroom. So get there early.

Yes even though I have my reservations as to stallworth, I would certainly like to attend his trial if at all possible. If and when that happens, I'll email a mod here so I can be verified as a local and can report back here with trial details.

Just watched it, not the behavior I was expecting, if he is guilty he is a good actor or has multiple personalities!

I agree and was left scratching my head as well. But then:

A joint investigation by the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Unit, the Egg Harbor Township Police Department, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), with the assistance of the Pleasantville Police Department, culminated in the arrest of Stallworth on August 5, 2014. Detectives arrested Stallworth without incident in Mays Landing at approximately 9:40 a.m.

So they know something we don't.

650_slay_2.jpg

Of course, work, it's Monday! Cynical_1 you have also theorized that the killer used the Golden Key Motel to block visual from the BHP.

I would like to theorize that he used the NE access road and used the vehicle to block visual access from the AC Expressway. I think it's close enough to be a concern to him, especially at twilight. I believe someone like him, in planning this spot to use, would park there many times, maybe even with lights on, to see if it attracted any attention. With lights off, he can use the billboards lights to drive and still see with no lights on. But it was lighter when he needed to get rid of Kim Raffo's body, so he used better screens, but closer to the hotel. To illustrate this point I have attached an above the area view showing where the vehicle could access the other service road.

I also snapped a visual from the ground on the AC Expressway looking at where the hotel had been. The building we can see is across the 5 lane BHP. It doesn't look that far to me. If the Golden Key building was there, I believe someone could be seen against it's light coloring. The billboard is there and note the telephone pole size, about the width of a person. If I am figuring correctly that pole is almost where Kim Raffo was found. View attachment 107590View attachment 107591

So I hope LE has video footage (still) they gathered at the time from the two other hotels in the direction of the entrance to the access/service road from BHP. Even a camera from across the street covering a lobby or something in the area might have a vehicle going down this road in the time range. If we match that vehicle with several visits over the month, we maybe have our vehicle.

Very interesting analysis and diagram of the road adjacent to the railroad tracks. The first question is did he use that road or the one on the BHP side of the ditch?

On the chance that he did use the road running along the tracks I'm posting a link (Google maps) of the entry way to that road. It's probably the most private of the three possible entryways. You can see the tracks and, further on, a Sunoco gas station on a rest stop on the AC Expy.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3792134,-74.4918811,3a,30y,27.43h,81.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sl7Y-gmmAxXnXaDnCrTBHLA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The point about the lights of the billboard illuminating the road at night is very interesting.

Here's a link to an overhead view that gives a better picture of the three possible access roads.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3788408,-74.4892298,795m/data=!3m1!1e3

The one in the middle appears to give the quickest access to the ditch and is very close to where victim #1 & #2 were found. That is also the only one that a camera in a motel across the BHP could possibly catch a glimpse of.

The stealthier approach would be to use the access road that you've pointed out as there is a vacant lot across the BHP.

So it's a matter of whether speed was of the essence or stealth was a priority to him. As you pointed out, he probably scouted the area well in advance. So my vote is that he opted for stealth and used the road running along the tracks and is on the AC Expy side.

As always, just my opinion.

This is the same case featured in the AE series right?

The one in the middle appears to give the quickest access to the ditch and is very close to where victim #1 & #2 were found. That is also the only one that a camera in a motel across the BHP could possibly catch a glimpse of.

The stealthier approach would be to use the access road that you've pointed out as there is a vacant lot across the BHP.

So it's a matter of whether speed was of the essence or stealth was a priority to him. As you pointed out, he probably scouted the area well in advance. So my vote is that he opted for stealth and used the road running along the tracks and is on the AC Expy side.

As always, just my opinion.

Good observation, looking at this the way you point out the access road leading to the train tracks path (AC Exp side of ditch) has an empty lot across from it, and the others have motels across, does make it most stealthy and I agree most likely.

Of course the Fortune Inn backed up to this dirt road, unfortunately I doubt they would have had a camera pointing back there. Easy enough for the killer to check and make sure there were no cameras.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back