Casey to GA "We need to stick together on this." 8/14/08 Jail Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemaster

Reaction score
This was played again tonight and this comment stuck out in a strange way.

Casey to GA - "We need to stick together on this" and GA responded "We are going to stick together"

This really is somewhat strange along with the fact that when GA first was walking up to the car at the tow-yard. The stranger (worker) told him that it smelled like death or something like that and GA kind of annoyed that statement. If I was walking up to my daughter's car and someone said it smelled like death .... I would have freaked. It was almost like he was already aware of the smell.

I do not think that the GP's were aware of the original murder but do think they get involved a little too deep later with a cover-up story. Maybe just a little and got pulled in too deep to reveal the truth.

Thoughts?

Hey Chemaster,
I found myself wondering the same thing about the sticking together remark. I have felt for a long long time that GA knew more than he was telling.
I have found his statements to LE confusing and now with the doc dump, I think he was clearly lying.
On one hand i could argue that he was saying this to KC in order to placate her, however, this does not explain other things he has said to her or LE.

IMO, kc always had the family lie to save her from everything kc ever did. IMO, we do not know her juvenile record if any, or any lies or trouble kc has been through in the past except for lying, having Caylee out of wedlock, and stealing checks. The family always lied so kc would look good.......kc wants that again. kc really thinks she will get away with all of this!

kc also said that 'I need to look like a victim'...............huh????

I am so glad you brought this up!! I thought the same thing and was going to mention it. I had not seen that part of the clip before tonight and it did strike me as odd.

I just do not see how OCSO or the FBI can easily rule it out that this family did not know anything about her death. Too many things point to their home. Too many things point to them possibly being present when the murder happened, imo. Too many stories don't gel including the 31 Days headstart of covering it up. How can they rule them out? They refuse LDTs. They have not cooperated fully, imo. They have lied, imo.

So are we thinking that KC killed Caylee in the home late on the 15th into the morning of the 16th and that GA and CA found out? And their first instinct was to cover up for KC out of habit at first. So they quickly decided that CA would have to go to work on the 16th, GA too only later. That the morning of the 16th GA told KC where to put her until they could think it thru and come up with a plan? If they did know about it on the 15/16 I think that is a master plan to have KC leave, pretending to take Caylee with her for 31 days before they reported it. And the dumping of the car was planned and CA knew at some point she'd have to make an emotional call to 911 at some point? Are we thinking along these lines? If not what. Just throwing ideas around here. Not saying I am believing this but think it is worth discussing. MOO

This was played again tonight and this comment stuck out in a strange way.

Casey to GA - "We need to stick together on this" and GA responded "We are going to stick together"

This really is somewhat strange along with the fact that when GA first was walking up to the car at the tow-yard. The stranger (worker) told him that it smelled like death or something like that and GA kind of annoyed that statement. If I was walking up to my daughter's car and someone said it smelled like death .... I would have freaked. It was almost like he was already aware of the smell.

I do not think that the GP's were aware of the original murder but do think they get involved a little too deep later with a cover-up story. Maybe just a little and got pulled in too deep to reveal the truth.

Thoughts?

Truely odd choice of words...considering the situation they were in.

I could see a better choice as being more supportive as a family...as in, "we are a family, we need to hold each other up."

Edited: Just read it again and that sounds like they are robbing each other....which they apparently did! Maybe "support" each other is better...

So are we thinking that KC killed Caylee in the home late on the 15th into the morning of the 16th and that GA and CA found out? And their first instinct was to cover up for KC out of habit at first. So they quickly decided that CA would have to go to work on the 16th, GA too only later. That the morning of the 16th GA told KC where to put her until they could think it thru and come up with a plan? If they did know about it on the 15/16 I think that is a master plan to have KC leave, pretending to take Caylee with her for 31 days before they reported it. And the dumping of the car was planned and CA knew at some point she'd have to make an emotional call to 911 at some point? Are we thinking along these lines? If not what. Just throwing ideas around here. Not saying I am believing this but think it is worth discussing. MOO

Great points and questions!

I am not quite sure yet...but maybe...the parents were so used to covering up and managing Casey's messes, that it was almost a knee jerk reaction to do so? They had been doing this no doubt for years on other things...

I do sincerely believe there is a huge cover up involving all the family members...but believe Casey is the only one guilty of murder.

Also this "we need to stick together right now" is not the first time that my eyebrows have crinkled listening to this family. Another visit that really felt "off" to me was GA's visit alone to KC on Aug 3rd? I thought it so strange that they are wanting info from her to find Caylee but during that whole visit, GA talks almost the whole time, Kc has to interrupt to say something. It just didn't strike me as the way a person would conduct a conversation when they themselves are the one digging for info. That requires more listening. MOO

Watching the jailhouse videos, I just come to the conclusion that Casey is trying to manipulate her parents, and they are scared to confront her. This points to a dysfunctional family, but I don't see how it implicates GA or CA in a "cover up."

When I heard KC say, "We've always stuck together and we need to stick together on this," it's just her manipulative gobblety gook. The implication is: "It's US against everybody else" and KC is trying to convince her parents of her complete innocence, and victim status.

And, I don't think they're convinced of her innocence, at least from the way they're acting in the videos. GA doesn't look KC in the eyes, and seems to patronize her by rotely agreeing with her. CA is a basketcase, and when she asks pointed questions, KC freaks out. This is how KC is able to manipulate her parents, and no doubt how she's manipulated them in the past: she rages. And then they back off.

My brother was addicted to drugs while in high school, and I saw how he behaved in a similar way to KC with her parents. (Fortunately, he got help in rehab, and he's doing great now). But before that, anytime my parents confronted him about his actions or behavior or whether he was doing drugs, he turned the conversation around and attacked them, or tried to make them believe he was the victim of a conspiracy by the police, or his teachers, or "the system." He was completely dishonest and manipulative, and I recognize the pattern. I don't know if KC has been a drug addict or not, but I see in her behavior what I remember with my brother. And for so many years, my parents were in denial. So that rings true, too, when I see GA and CA defending KC.

It's cruel ... My heart actually feels so sorry for the Anthony family.

(Sorry to be longwinded on my first post! I've been reading all the wonderful posts here for a couple of months.)

Watching the jailhouse videos, I just come to the conclusion that Casey is trying to manipulate her parents, and they are scared to confront her. This points to a dysfunctional family, but I don't see how it implicates GA or CA in a "cover up."

When I heard KC say, "We've always stuck together and we need to stick together on this," it's just her manipulative gobblety gook. The implication is: "It's US against everybody else" and KC is trying to convince her parents of her complete innocence, and victim status.

And, I don't think they're convinced of her innocence, at least from the way they're acting in the videos. GA doesn't look KC in the eyes, and seems to patronize her by rotely agreeing with her. CA is a basketcase, and when she asks pointed questions, KC freaks out. This is how KC is able to manipulate her parents, and no doubt how she's manipulated them in the past: she rages. And then they back off.

My brother was addicted to drugs while in high school, and I saw how he behaved in a similar way to KC with her parents. (Fortunately, he got help in rehab, and he's doing great now). But before that, anytime my parents confronted him about his actions or behavior or whether he was doing drugs, he turned the conversation around and attacked them, or tried to make them believe he was the victim. He was completely manipulative, and I recognize the pattern. I don't know if KC has been a drug addict or not, but I see in her behavior what I remember with my brother. And for so many years, my parents were in denial. So that rings true, too, when I see GA and CA defending KC.

(Sorry to be longwinded on my first post! I've been reading all the wonderful posts here for a couple of months.)

WELCOME Zingo!

I am not quite sure yet...but maybe...the parents were so used to covering up and managing Casey's messes, that it was almost a knee jerk reaction to do so? They had been doing this no doubt for years on other things...

I do sincerely believe there is a huge cover up involving all the family members...but believe Casey is the only one guilty of murder.

Me too, I don't think anyone else had a hand in what happened to Caylee but like you said, at this point, they just would go into protect/cover up mode for kc without even thinking about it.

You know something else, when I read what CA's co workers had said about her, I don't know, it's not that they said anything that I couldnt't imagine being said in innocent circumstances but there is something.....for some reason, I am left with a strange feeling. Almost like she was saying these things to the co workers to set up the story. But as I said, I can also see then being said in innocent circumstances. ?????? MOO

No way. There is no mistaking the pure panic in A's voice on that 911 call.

Like I said I don't think it likely either, too many things that don't fit, but I can see a person being able to "act" panicked(sp?). Esp. when I consider that this is the same lady that was able to convince herself that her 7 month pregnant daughter wasn't pregnant. Do you know what kind of messed up mind one would have to have to be able to do that? It blows me away. MOO

Well, cover up I think...BUT I think IMO that they did not know Caylee was deceased AT THAT TIME. I should have worded that better!

I think that by August...and the visit we saw aired...the parents were trying to find a body.

I think that whenever the family had any kind of mess...they went into private/sort it out mode.

Cindy was totally panicked on that 911 call...she was putting more pressure on Casey with each call...then the final one with the dead body remark...trying to break Casey's stonewalling.

Even Lee on his visits seemed to be trying to get his sister to break and tell.

I think the family surely suspected...but that family likes it's secrets and had years of messes to clean up.

Me too, I don't think anyone else had a hand in what happened to Caylee but like you said, at this point, they just would go into protect/cover up mode for kc without even thinking about it.

You know something else, when I read what CA's co workers had said about her, I don't know, it's not that they said anything that I couldnt't imagine being said in innocent circumstances but there is something.....for some reason, I am left with a strange feeling. Almost like she was saying these things to the co workers to set up the story. But as I said, I can also see then being said in innocent circumstances. ?????? MOO

YES! I get it...like the pockets of detailed information they gave out...to the media and LE...just too much information on odd things...

IMO, kc always had the family lie to save her from everything kc ever did. IMO, we do not know her juvenile record if any, or any lies or trouble kc has been through in the past except for lying, having Caylee out of wedlock, and stealing checks. The family always lied so kc would look good.......kc wants that again. kc really thinks she will get away with all of this!

Great point!!

I mean if they were trying to cover up for KC (and I am not saying I believe this, I am just playing devil's advocate) of course Lee and Ca would have to "pretend they were trying to get info"- it'd be obvious if they didn't. But honestly when I watch all the jail video visits, I have actually thought even CA acts so much calmer than I would. I mean if my kid was missing I would be running in circles, tearing my hair out, falling on the floor and screaming "where is my kid? where is my kid?". Ya know? Moo

My brother was addicted to drugs while in high school, and I saw how he behaved in a similar way to KC with her parents. (Fortunately, he got help in rehab, and he's doing great now). But before that, anytime my parents confronted him about his actions or behavior or whether he was doing drugs, he turned the conversation around and attacked them, or tried to make them believe he was the victim of a conspiracy by the police, or his teachers, or "the system." He was completely dishonest and manipulative, and I recognize the pattern. I don't know if KC has been a drug addict or not, but I see in her behavior what I remember with my brother. And for so many years, my parents were in denial. So that rings true, too, when I see GA and CA defending KC.

Insightful and great first post-- welcome !!
I agree with your analysis. In the Aug 14 visits, Casey is a master manipulator. She sounds like both an addict and a cult leader. I don't think she was either, but her manipulation skills are on par.

I agree and will add that I also don't believe that first jail house call with LA, CA and Kristina could have been scripted either.

They may have suspected/learned shortly after July 15th, but it is my opinion that none of them knew before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine