LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so frustrating that LE can't get a better description of the Chevy truck. I just counted 13 white 4 door Chevy Silverados with the Z71 package from Pinhook & Kaliste Saloom Road, through Camellia to Congress & Ambassador (6 miles across town from east to west for non-locals). Unless they can give something else to narrow it down, the might as well have said not to even bother keeping a look out.

WOW....I had no idea there were that many around there. Some sort of minor damage or marks may be the only way to identify it, and that is only if the truck made a pretty good impact. If it was just rubber bike tire VS bumber, there may be no damage, other than a rubber mark on the bumper.

I forget where the the next camera was that Mickey should have been seen on. If it was further down Landry, she could have been hit anywhere along there. It doesn't mean she turned down Brashear. Or is the camera right after Brashear? If the truck turned down Brashear then that helps break down the neighbourhood it was headed to.

Brashear is the only street before the next camera. And it would've take about 20 seconds for her to reach one camera to the next. Not enough time for something to happen IMO, so she must've gone down Brashear

I'm just spent about 40 min catching up? Didn't someone say that there were cops on foot near Henry & St. Julien and the gate to Coliseum Road was locked.

i said the cops were there. posted a picture of them too. the coliseum rd gate was NOT locked. it is actually not a gate. there is no way to lock it. it is just a fence with an opening for the road. I drove down coliseum rd.

If the other drivers came forward, and this guy is hiding, there's a reason.

And if you owned the truck in question, you would also likely know if you were in that area at that time of night.

This makes me think that the video is clearer than the static shot, or (more likely) there's more footage we're not seeing.

I think they have a clearer shot or footage and they're calling it a Z71 because the Z71 logo is on the back and they can see it.

Just dropping in between tasks.

I have to say I'm not very motivated to even make a flyer for the white truck.

Everyone know she is missing - her face is everywhere - and so are white trucks.

I don't think putting up a picture of that truck is going to do one bit of good. People already know it's a white truck.

What a b**** of a case for LE!

Sorry I was posting away on the last thread (which may still be open)....

Originally Posted by hollyblue
I really think a separate thread should be open for the truck discussion for those that are questioning the ID of the truck(s) vs what LE has released. ???? Hopefully.

I have the Z71 as the background on my laptop......
it makes me less crazy to be able to just look at it
whenever someone mentions it.

A local explained that drilling companies buy them in fleets. White because it's hot down there, extended cabs because they needs to haul crews. This makes it especially impossible because not only are these fleet trucks in service, they probably get sold off or auctioned every couple of years to locals.

I was just thinking the same thing. Some company may have a "fleet" of these similar trucks, and the employees may get access to them off-hours. This is a logical bet, since they are extremely expensive (as compared to buying a personal vehicle for just getting around). Good point about buying used ones though.....maybe the used ones are cheap there.

Maybe if they made these cameras useful in capturing the license plates of vehicles, this would be much easier.

Maybe they should have neon tags on top the vehicle. LOL

All of this is really making me think of putting a high quality security camera on my house somewhere that is capable of seeing license plates. It would cover my front yard and the street.

Hello Everyone,
(I am re-posting this from the last closed thread.)

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K. I'm not sure how to do attachments but if it worked, this is the same truck in these photos.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Truck(0151).jpg
    Truck(0151).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 44
For those who have yet to see them, Bayou Becky's excellent videos of the prospective routes Mickey may have traveled are now available in this thread's first post, added at the bottom.

Brashear is the only street before the next camera. And it would've take about 20 seconds for her to reach one camera to the next. Not enough time for something to happen IMO, so she must've gone down Brashear

You don't think she cut through the parking lot to Azalea? I just don't see why she'd want to go down Johnston St. If someone was following her, and she knew it, it would have been quicker to cut through the LCG parking lot to Azalea and hit University back to the Circle K parking lot than it would be to head down Brashear. And if she wasn't doing it because she was being followed, why detour at all? Especially towards Johnston, when that's just farther she'll have to double back?

Only the people involved are going to know which white truck it is, or a family member or friend of co-worker.

I think on this one it's not to be a matter of searching out the truck; someone is going to have to step forward.

There are probably 1,000 of those trucks in and around Lafayette and Baton Rouge, if not more. They're one of the top work trucks in the area. And a lot of oilfield work does NOT include having a company name on the side, or even a mounted toolbox.

Hello Everyone,
(I am re-posting this from the last closed thread.)

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K. I'm not sure how to do attachments but if it worked, this is the same truck in these photos.
Preparing for heads to explode in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

i said the cops were there. posted a picture of them too. the coliseum rd gate was NOT locked. it is actually not a gate. there is no way to lock it. it is just a fence with an opening for the road. I drove down coliseum rd.

Sorry, I meant barricaded not locked b/c I've seen them do that before. I know the house next to the one you can see on the left (closer to Henry) is actually the home of the head of community watch for that area. I bet he's been extra observant lately. Maybe he's seen or found something.

Grew up in Louisiana...currently live in Houston. White is the color of choice for custruction and oil and gas peeps because like Artis said, it is hot here and because they show fewer scratches and such than darker cars. With that said...I have to trust that law enforcement and the FBI have better photo evaluating systems than my PC so I am just going to take their word that its a Z71. Now, there's your start...all Oil/Gas and construction companies that lease with Chevy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater