IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

Before leaving, Tamir said, Spierer used Rosenbaum's phone to call Rohn to see if he knew where her phone was.

Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed."

This sounds hinky to me.The way everyone uses their cellphone's constantly and none of her friends realized or she realized it was missing after they left Kilroy's.I just don't buy it

I still can't believe LS boyfriend ,who by the way loved her so much would sat in his apartment all night and not even checked on her,especially since she never answered her cell which was at the bar.I just don't buy it.I think he was very involved that night and knew about the fight and everything else

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

Before leaving, Tamir said, Spierer used Rosenbaum's phone to call Rohn to see if he knew where her phone was.

Chapman, who represented Rohn in a prior public intoxication case and spoke with him in recent days about his interactions with Spierer, would only say that that "somebody" called Rohn at 4:15 a.m. and that "he didn't answer his phone because he was in bed."

This sounds hinky to me.The way everyone uses their cellphone's constantly and none of her friends realized or she realized it was missing after they left Kilroy's.I just don't buy it

I gotta just say, I bought a 600 dollar iphone and a few weeks later got drunk... last time I used it was 3 hours before I went to sleep and I never saw it again after that night. I was at my own house when I lost it, probably outside. But I didn't even know it was missing, didn't try to find it, no one mentioned it being gone, until the next day when I was sober. Usually when you aren't sober you don't think about your possessions as much as you usually do. Even if it was expensive and important to you.

I still can't believe her LS boyfriend ,who by the way loved her so much would sat in his apartment all night and not even check on her,especially since she never answered her cell which was at the bar.I just don't buy it.I think he was very involved that night and knew about the fight and everything else

I could not disagree more. while the attention span of college age people is wider than those of teenagers, I think it is asking too much that all these people had nothing better to do than to worry about a fellow student who partied too much that night.

from what is known from published accounts, this entire group of people were irresponsible and out of control that night. however, by the time Lauren vanished, how many do you think were still awake even, no less prowling around to do her harm while she walked on a public sidewalk?

does anyone really think her boyfriend was still awake if he knew she was carousing around bar hopping and apartment hopping until 4 a.m.? I don't think so. there comes a time when most folks, even if they had been out at one time of the night, would call it quits and hit the sack. from all appearances, Lauren was the last one up and about.

I still think she was the victim of a random crime of opportunity being alone and out of sorts at 4 something in the morning.

I gotta just say, I bought a 600 dollar iphone and a few weeks later got drunk... last time I used it was 3 hours before I went to sleep and I never saw it again after that night. I was at my own house when I lost it, probably outside. But I didn't even know it was missing, didn't try to find it, no one mentioned it being gone, until the next day when I was sober. Usually when you aren't sober you don't think about your possessions as much as you usually do. Even if it was expensive and important to you.

I agree. I'm usually very cognizant of my belongings -- especially my cell phone. I blacked out from alcohol twice while in college. And lost track of my phone both times.

The first was on my 21st birthday. I didn't realize my phone was missing until the next morning. Fortunately, the bar had it and I was able to get it back.

The second time, I guess my phone fell out of my pocket at the bar. While blacked out, I realized this and I've been told that a friend and I searched for it and found it. Apparently, I lost it again that same night (baggy pockets...) and didn't realize it until the morning. Again, the bar found it and I got it back.

Similiarly, LS could have forgotten about it in such a state. Or, if she did remember as JR's story goes, she still could have been blacked out.

Does anyone local know how many dumpsters are close by to these locations or when they are emptied?On what day or time?

Does anyone local know how many dumpsters are close by to these locations or when they are emptied?On what day or time?

I asked this a little bit earlier, have not seen an answer...maybe a local will come back soon...

I think this was a crime opportunity. And unfortunetly, she could be ANYWHERE in the world by now. =[

I am really counting on the vehicle as I don't think LE has much else besides suspicions. But it is pretty likely it will be a big letdown...

I still can't believe LS boyfriend ,who by the way loved her so much would sat in his apartment all night and not even checked on her,especially since she never answered her cell which was at the bar.I just don't buy it.I think he was very involved that night and knew about the fight and everything else

In my mind, the first person JW would text and then begin calling, would be HT, L's roommate. Did he? If he did (and my hunch is, he did), then HT did not respond until she was in class later that morning/afternoon? because we now know that HT knew where LS had gone prior to the bar, etc. It wasn't the first time this occurred, that is, LS and/or HT off to these other apartments and hanging out. It's the first time, though, that something went drastically wrong.

I think this was a crime opportunity. And unfortunetly, she could be ANYWHERE in the world by now. =[

Oh I hope not,this could turn into another cold case.Given all the events that happened that night with the fights and the different stories told.I believe something bad happened among friends.

I could not disagree more. while the attention span of college age people is wider than those of teenagers, I think it is asking too much that all these people had nothing better to do than to worry about a fellow student who partied too much that night.

from what is known from published accounts, this entire group of people were irresponsible and out of control that night. however, by the time Lauren vanished, how many do you think were still awake even, no less prowling around to do her harm while she walked on a public sidewalk?

does anyone really think her boyfriend was still awake if he knew she was carousing around bar hopping and apartment hopping until 4 a.m.? I don't think so. there comes a time when most folks, even if they had been out at one time of the night, would call it quits and hit the sack. from all appearances, Lauren was the last one up and about.

I still think she was the victim of a random crime of opportunity being alone and out of sorts at 4 something in the morning.
When I was at IU, I would often times go out to the bars, Sports being my fave, and not talk to my boyfriend until after the bars closed. I would usually end up crashing at his place, just showing up on his doorstep. Sometimes, I wouldnt talk to him at all after going out (til the next day). They weren't married. So, I could believe they both planned separate nights.

What do you consider close by?

I will keep an eye out as I go looking to work on the other requests, but it will be within a block or so of 10th & College.

No idea when their schedule is, so I'll try to note the dumpster company, and someone else can call them to find out the schedule.

Note*
Some of these apartments dumpsters are kept inside, (parking garage), and I won't have easy access to them.

When I was at IU, I would often times go out to the bars, Sports being my fave, and not talk to my boyfriend until after the bars closed. I would usually end up crashing at his place, just showing up on his doorstep. Sometimes, I wouldnt talk to him at all after going out (til the next day). They weren't married. So, I could believe they both planned separate nights.

True enough. It seems odd to me though that one version said he stayed in to watch the b'ball and I think another newer version said she went out to watch the b'ball with others...if they were both going to watch it, why not together? But a small point, in the scheme of things...

JW probably did know something about what went down that night, but it doesn't really make him guilty of anything. There is no proof he even went to find her and I feel like we would know if he did. Unless, of course, police have some sort of evidence we don't.

LS' parents are breaking my heart. You can tell how much grief they are feeling and see how they know the more time that passes the less chance of her coming home alive or at all. The absolute worst ending for this case is if it just goes cold here. No answers, no justice, no Lauren, no peace for the family, a pack of boys having a stigma following them for the rest of their lives, etc. A bad situation all around.

I agree that not finding her would be the worst possible outcome...:(
Too many missing people seem to fall into the void...

I still think she was the victim of a random crime of opportunity being alone
and out of sorts at 4 something in the morning.

From what I've read these were not just fellow students.They are a tight knit group of friends.These kids are young and im sure a lot of them are used to partying and staying up all hours of night.Still attending class the next day.

What do you consider close by?

I will keep an eye out as I go looking to work on the other requests, but it will be within a block or so of 10th & College.

No idea when their schedule is, so I'll try to note the dumpster company, and someone else can call them to find out the schedule.

Note*
Some of these apartments dumpsters are kept inside, (parking garage), and I won't have easy access to them.

I mean close by her friends apartments or where she was walking.

Some of these apartments dumpsters are kept inside, (parking garage), and I won't have easy access to them

That is very interesting.Thanks for replying back so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member