Utah teacher accidentally shoots toilet and herself, in school

zwiebel

Reaction score
A teacher in Utah has been injured after accidentally shooting a toilet and herself in her school. She was carrying the weapon legally, under a concealed gun permit. At first it was thought she'd tried to shoot herself on purpose.

'Michelle Ferguson-Montgomery, who teaches sixth grade at Westbrook Elementary School in Taylorsville, Utah, was in good condition on Thursday after she was hit by stray bullet and toilet fragments during the incident, according to a spokesperson for the Granite School District, the Associated Press reports.'

I'm wondering if she kept it tucked inside her pants or something?

http://time.com/3330691/teacher-toilet-gun/

I bet it was a glock. I've heard and read stories about how they have such a soft trigger...

Thank goodness she didn't kill someone. This is exactly what scares me about everyone packing. Their is no schooling that can teach common sense.

LOL, I've never posted on that thread. Some program on public radio did an episode devoted to glocks, no mention of Oscar Pistorius. I'll see if I can find it.

I think this is the piece I heard;

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/1/26/glock_as_giffords_exits_a_look
JUAN GONZALEZ: And also that accidents occurred more frequently among police officers than with a revolver.
PAUL BARRETT: Absolutely. And those are really—those are really kind of two separate issues, but both very important. On the accidents front, there is no doubt that when the Glock was introduced, particularly in police departments, where it was being introduced in large numbers all at once, they had problems with accidental discharges. There was even a phenomenon known as "Glock knee" or "Glock leg," which referred to an officer grabbing the gun, putting his finger on the trigger immediately, and, because the trigger pull is very light, shooting himself in the leg or the knee. Most famously, recently, the professional football player Plaxico Burress did exactly that with a Glock in a nightclub.

JUAN GONZALEZ: Something you can’t do with a revolver.
PAUL BARRETT: It’s much harder to do with a revolver, not impossible. But the trigger pull on a revolver might be 10-12 pounds; with the Glock, five pounds. So you can—there’s a huge difference. So that was a problem until police departments improved training and really taught their officers to never put your finger on the trigger unless you’re about to shoot. So that’s one issue. It was a real issue. It has diminished over time.

Thank goodness she didn't kill someone. This is exactly what scares me about everyone packing. Their is no schooling that can teach common sense.
Yep, idiotic!!! Hopefully she/they will rethink the policy of letting teachers pack CCW.

Yep, idiotic!!! Hopefully she/they will rethink the policy of letting teachers pack CCW.

This. Because honestly, I know there is a risk with mass shootings, but I just don't want my kids' teachers carrying guns. I'm an anomaly, because I am pro gun control, I have no problem with my kids handling and shooting guns(they do.) but I just don't want them to be exposed to the other side of guns. To them a gun, like a bow and arrow, is a tool used to hunt.

This. Because honestly, I know there is a risk with mass shootings, but I just don't want my kids' teachers carrying guns. I'm an anomaly, because I am pro gun control, I have no problem with my kids handling and shooting guns(they do.) but I just don't want them to be exposed to the other side of guns. To them a gun, like a bow and arrow, is a tool used to hunt.

I really don't understand the need for teachers to carry. If the school has that much of a problem, they should hire security.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back