Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper #2

This case was also just solved by a cold hit on fingerprints from the FBI: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7977-45-60-in-Truckee-River-Jan-08&p=13369111

Do you know what's going on with that, Carl?

" In early 2017, NamUs partnered with Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) on a fingerprint project that more closely examines fingerprints of unidentified decedents against an ever-growing database that has old fingerprints regularly added".

http://www.ocsd.org/gov/sheriff/divisions/prof/coroner/ud/jane/9001853ly.asp

We are saying that the recon doesn't look as much like her, but I'm going to challenge that a bit. Is it dead-on like Tammy Alexander's was? No. But we were comparing pics of Tammy that were pretty recent, meaning there was a relatively short window between the time the pictures were taken and the time Tammy disappeared and was eventually found in NY.

That's not so with Andrea. There was at least a 7 or 8 year gap between that picture and the pics CarlK used to draw up his image. She obviously aged and she easily could have dyed her hair darker (which would have fit with her overall look), gained a few pounds, etc.

Yes it does. I truly think if that photo would have showed up on Namus, I would have made the connection to your recon.

If the news articles are correct, I do not think this is MontanaMan's Big Mouth Andrea. The articles say that Andrea Kuiper was 26 when she went to Cali, but also 26 when she died and it seems like she had only been gone for a few months. Of course, it is also possible that MontanaMan's timeline is just off too. Or maybe she got to Cali at age 26 but had been in Seattle earlier? IDK.

In any event, these details are from what looks to be a news article that was cut and pasted to the Never Forget Me Facebook page. So because I'm not linking to an MSM article, take them with a grain of salt if you will. My only goal in sharing these details is in case they jog MontanaMan's memory in any way:

Kuiper was one of two children.
She was described by her family as smart, clever, attractive and persuasive. As a child, she loved to ice skate
and her mother made all her costumes.
Kuiper also loved art and often would create pictures for her parents, many of which they still have.
She also struggled with mental health issues.
Her parents said their only daughter suffered from manic depressive disorder and eventually started using
drugs.

1) I doubt Kuiper is MontanaMan's friend - the recons were so far off, that anyone who did resemble them wasn't going to be Andrea.

2) The photo in the OCSD press release is almost certainly early 1980s, judging from the flicked hair. She looks about 17-18 in the photo, and if she was 26 in April 1990, then she was born in 1963-64. Adding 17-18 years yields 1980-82. So the photo was probably taken early 80s.

3) Apparently last year (from reading some other articles; search Google News) OCSD investigated some connections that the UP might have had in Newport News, VA. How did they find this out and what were the supposed connections?

2) The photo in the OCSD press release is almost certainly early 1980s, judging from the flicked hair. She looks about 17-18 in the photo, and if she was 26 in April 1990, then she was born in 1963-64. Adding 17-18 years yields 1980-82. So the photo was probably taken early 80s.

The photo was taken late-1980 or early-1981. It was her junior year photo. She would have been high-16 or low-17 in the photo.

She went to WT Woodson High School in Fairfax - Class of 82, which would put her DOB around '63 or '64.

Wow, and she was named Andrea too. She really was telling the truth about everything, she just wasn't where we could find her [emoji17]

Rest easy, Andrea.

FluffPuff- carl didn't share any of the Pm pics as he was requested not to (I think-- he can confirm!) but they are available in google if you type in Huntington Beach Jane Doe. I did that the other day and they popped up. I did not expect them to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andreas PM is not on google. There are very few that have it. CA does not allow PM photos to the public. They don't want the family seeing them

Andreas PM is not on google. There are very few that have it. CA does not allow PM photos to the public. They don't want the family seeing them

I've seen a few from CA. Reet Jurvetson, Ventura JD and Riverside county Jane Doe come to mind. I don't know if they were leaked or if the CA put them out there, but some are, though.

If the news articles are correct, I do not think this is MontanaMan's Big Mouth Andrea. The articles say that Andrea Kuiper was 26 when she went to Cali, but also 26 when she died and it seems like she had only been gone for a few months. Of course, it is also possible that MontanaMan's timeline is just off too. Or maybe she got to Cali at age 26 but had been in Seattle earlier? IDK.

In any event, these details are from what looks to be a news article that was cut and pasted to the Never Forget Me Facebook page. So because I'm not linking to an MSM article, take them with a grain of salt if you will. My only goal in sharing these details is in case they jog MontanaMan's memory in any way:

Kuiper was one of two children.
She was described by her family as smart, clever, attractive and persuasive. As a child, she loved to ice skate
and her mother made all her costumes.
Kuiper also loved art and often would create pictures for her parents, many of which they still have.
She also struggled with mental health issues.
Her parents said their only daughter suffered from manic depressive disorder and eventually started using
drugs.

It's reputable, most know that is me, so is Andrea's FB page that's listed in one of the pressers. I was trying to break the story, someone had sent it to me early. I couldn't post photos of what I received from one of my sources.

We are saying that the recon doesn't look as much like her, but I'm going to challenge that a bit. Is it dead-on like Tammy Alexander's was? No. But we were comparing pics of Tammy that were pretty recent, meaning there was a relatively short window between the time the pictures were taken and the time Tammy disappeared and was eventually found in NY.

That's not so with Andrea. There was at least a 7 or 8 year gap between that picture and the pics CarlK used to draw up his image. She obviously aged and she easily could have dyed her hair darker (which would have fit with her overall look), gained a few pounds, etc.

I'm thankful it's not MM's Andrea, I have a feeling she's living her life.

Most recons of Tammy Jo's were horrible. They made her nose too pushed up, that stopped her from being identified locally IMO. A NY LE moved to her area, had hung fliers. If it looked more like Tammy she wouldn't have been unidentified that long.

Carl drew his recon from the post mortem. It was the most accurate recon to what her PM looked like.

I've seen a few from CA. Reet Jurvetson, Ventura JD and Riverside county Jane Doe come to mind. I don't know if they were leaked or if the CA put them out there, but some are, though.

CA used to release them. They stopped at some point after I started doing this. I've been here since 09.
There was a really bad car accident where a kid was driving his fathers Ferrari or some other hot, fast expensive sports car. He ended up crashing, I believe he was scalped or something. The photos ended up online. They then stopped releasing photos if I'm remembering right. I'm not fully awake.

I realized this a few pages ago! Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew Andrea circa the time her photo was taken, the one used in the media the past couple days. The last time I saw her was in Fairfax, VA around 1980, give or take a year. I never saw her or heard anything about her past that time, until now. However, the sketches are next to impossible to accept as being Andrea in 1990. Even accounting for 10 years of aging and hard times, it appears to be a different person. I am NOT disputing the validity of identification as it's based on solid and proven methods, but I am struggling to reconcile the total change in appearance.

I had no idea Andrea was missing and never knew about the issues she was battling. It's heartbreaking to see the picture of her accompanying this tragically sad story. Count your blessings.

I knew Andrea circa the time her photo was taken, the one used in the media the past couple days. The last time I saw her was in Fairfax, VA around 1980 give or take a year and never heard anything about her pats that time, until now. However, the sketches are next to impossible to accept as being Andrea in 1990. Even accounting for 10 years of aging and hard times, it appears to be a different person. I am NOT disputing the validity of identification as it's based on solid and proven methods, but I am struggling to reconcile the total change in appearance.

I had no idea Andrea was missing and never knew about the issues she was battling. It's heartbreaking to see the picture of her accompanying this tragically sad story. Count your blessings.

Thanks for adding some personal insight & welcome.

CA used to release them. They stopped at some point after I started doing this. I've been here since 09.
There was a really bad car accident where a kid was driving his fathers Ferrari or some other hot, fast expensive sports car. He ended up crashing, I believe he was scalped or something. The photos ended up online. They then stopped releasing photos if I'm remembering right. I'm not fully awake.

Ah, okay, so this appears to be a recent change. That makes sense because those cases are relatively old.

It's reputable, most know that is me, so is Andrea's FB page that's listed in one of the pressers. I was trying to break the story, someone had sent it to me early. I couldn't post photos of what I received from one of my sources.

I thought it was you and felt comfortable that those details were accurate. Just felt I had to add the disclaimer since I was posting copy-of-a-copy level info at that point without linking.

Ah, okay, so this appears to be a recent change. That makes sense because those cases are relatively old.

Yes, it was a recent change. When I started doing this, LA County had PM photos for most of their UID cases on their website, regardless of how gruesome they were. I still have most of those pics saved.

Eventually, a state law was passed prohibiting authorities from publishing PM photos online. Many of the counties complied with the law, but some (e.g., San Bernardino) put them up for some cases anyway (e.g., Cherry Doe). Orange County has been complying with the law, with the exception of the 1968 Huntington Beach Jane Doe which they just released about a year ago.

Comparing the pm photo to her 11th grade school photo which is provided with the press release, I would not have recognized her. I probably would have recognized her if her freshman portrait had been posted, but not not her junior-year photo.

As I revised my reconstruction over the years since I first created it, I began to realize that her nose was broken in the pic and the pug nose was the result of her accident. I compensated for the pug nose. But I did not compensate enough.

But it is pretty clear that she had stopped taking care of her appearance. She no longer plucked her eyebrows, her hair was very dark and not blow dried, and she didn't wear make-up (unless it was washed off by the coroner).

Her PM photo compares much better to her Freshman portrait. As she matured into her late teens, her face lost the baby fat, but by the time of her death, she regained much of that pudginess in her face. But this photo compares much better to her PM photo, and to my reconstruction IMO. The eyes aren't perfect, but they very rarely are in postmortem facial reconstructions.

6939a8b5-d326-495a-8721-170e14fefb53.jpg
2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe