Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper #2

Shouldn't this thread get moved to the Identified/Matched? I had a hard time finding it now.

Yes, it was a recent change. When I started doing this, LA County had PM photos for most of their UID cases on their website, regardless of how gruesome they were. I still have most of those pics saved.

Eventually, a state law was passed prohibiting authorities from publishing PM photos online. Many of the counties complied with the law, but some (e.g., San Bernardino) put them up for some cases anyway (e.g., Cherry Doe). Orange County has been complying with the law, with the exception of the 1968 Huntington Beach Jane Doe which they just released about a year ago.

Comparing the pm photo to her 11th grade school photo which is provided with the press release, I would not have recognized her. I probably would have recognized her if her freshman portrait had been posted, but not not her junior-year photo.

As I revised my reconstruction over the years since I first created it, I began to realize that her nose was broken in the pic and the pug nose was the result of her accident. I compensated for the pug nose. But I did not compensate enough.

But it is pretty clear that she had stopped taking care of her appearance. She no longer plucked her eyebrows, her hair was very dark and not blow dried, and she didn't wear make-up (unless it was washed off by the coroner).

Her PM photo compares much better to her Freshman portrait. As she matured into her late teens, her face lost the baby fat, but by the time of her death, she regained much of that pudginess in her face. But this photo compares much better to her PM photo, and to my reconstruction IMO. The eyes aren't perfect, but they very rarely are in postmortem facial reconstructions.

6939a8b5-d326-495a-8721-170e14fefb53.jpg
2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

I made this her profile pic on Andrea's FB page

CarlReconAndreaFreshmanPhoto1978-79.jpg

And they got into a forum that's essentially death *advertiser censored*...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Oh yeah she had some sort of nickname if i remember correctly. She's on one of those "joke" wiki websites. Wiki dramatica I think? She wad called Farrari girl or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

This is in my backyard.

I saw this on the local news the other day. She seemed familiar but I couldn't remember from where.

I'm guessing FBI got a hit when they linked to OPM's fingerprint database.

Glad you shared this. I sometimes wonder about friends I've lost track of......The down side of an adventurous life is finding out some people you love succumb to unexpected or tragic ends.
Thanks WyomingSkyAngel. I really did think for many years, that this was the Andrea I knew who was from Gig Harbor or the Ollala area of Washington State. I still haven't been able to track her down as none of us who used hang out and be The Batcaver Crowd in Seattle back in mid 1980's. Andrea was my age or probably a year or two younger. So about 47 to 50 now. None of us remember her telling us her last name except I seem to remember that it started with a B. And the Andrea I knew always pronounced her name as An-Dray-Uh and not Ann-Dree-A as it probably more common. I only remember that she often lived on the streets ( or that's what I was told by others when I first moved from Montana to Capital Hill in Seattle ). Then she began working for an elderly woman in Burien, Washington and then she had some money so she would take the bus up to Seattle and party with us. She often crashed at my place but would always have to leave early in the morning to get back to Burien. I think she may have been living with and taking care of this elderly woman, which I can see her doing, as she was a very nice and caring girl. You're right though, we have these friends that we loved and cared about and then everyone somehow goes their separate ways eventually and we lose contact which happened with all of us in the case of Andrea. Thanks again for thoughtful post, WyomingSkyAngel. Love and Peace Always - MontanaMan

If the news articles are correct, I do not think this is MontanaMan's Big Mouth Andrea. The articles say that Andrea Kuiper was 26 when she went to Cali, but also 26 when she died and it seems like she had only been gone for a few months. Of course, it is also possible that MontanaMan's timeline is just off too. Or maybe she got to Cali at age 26 but had been in Seattle earlier? IDK.

In any event, these details are from what looks to be a news article that was cut and pasted to the Never Forget Me Facebook page. So because I'm not linking to an MSM article, take them with a grain of salt if you will. My only goal in sharing these details is in case they jog MontanaMan's memory in any way:

Kuiper was one of two children.
She was described by her family as smart, clever, attractive and persuasive. As a child, she loved to ice skate
and her mother made all her costumes.
Kuiper also loved art and often would create pictures for her parents, many of which they still have.
She also struggled with mental health issues.
Her parents said their only daughter suffered from manic depressive disorder and eventually started using
drugs.
Irish_Eyes........they could almost be the same person. Very similar looking except my Andrea obviously pronounced her name different I believe and she did actually have what I figured was Bipolar Order as my own father had it and I know the symptoms and actions to a T. My older brother is a Doctor of Psychology and he and I are both very good at helping people with mental illnesses. My Andrea was also an artist and painted very cool but often times dark and melancholy paintings. And my Andrea was also a very attractive and buxom girl, so she got a lot of attention and not all of it good. But, I believe my Andrea would have been younger at the time this accident happened or the age is off somehow, you're right. She was a bit darker skinned that Andrea Kuiper though too. I was very protective of her when we would hang out. I have a couple very special memories of my Andrea and I hope I can eventually find her again someday too. At least we now know that this is not her. So very close, but not her. I am so relieved that Andrea Kuiper has been identified, FINALLY! But, I am still quite torn up about my Andrea. Thanks for the post, Irish_Eyes! Love And Peace To All - MontanaMan

Very happy so finally got her name back. thus was one if many cases I had a special interest for I hope could get solved. makes me wonder of fbi can solve more cases like this in the near future cause of this new fingerprint matching system.

Very happy so finally got her name back. thus was one if many cases I had a special interest for I hope could get solved. makes me wonder of fbi can solve more cases like this in the near future cause of this new fingerprint matching system.

I believe 2 were identified this way. The other was a male

Thanks WyomingSkyAngel. I really did think for many years, that this was the Andrea I knew who was from Gig Harbor or the Ollala area of Washington State. I still haven't been able to track her down as none of us who used hang out and be The Batcaver Crowd in Seattle back in mid 1980's. Andrea was my age or probably a year or two younger. So about 47 to 50 now. None of us remember her telling us her last name except I seem to remember that it started with a B. And the Andrea I knew always pronounced her name as An-Dray-Uh and not Ann-Dree-A as it probably more common. I only remember that she often lived on the streets ( or that's what I was told by others when I first moved from Montana to Capital Hill in Seattle ). Then she began working for an elderly woman in Burien, Washington and then she had some money so she would take the bus up to Seattle and party with us. She often crashed at my place but would always have to leave early in the morning to get back to Burien. I think she may have been living with and taking care of this elderly woman, which I can see her doing, as she was a very nice and caring girl. You're right though, we have these friends that we loved and cared about and then everyone somehow goes their separate ways eventually and we lose contact which happened with all of us in the case of Andrea. Thanks again for thoughtful post, WyomingSkyAngel. Love and Peace Always - MontanaMan

You're correct. Also according to the other friend her last name was a few, maybe 5 letters starting with a B or P; was an italian last name which is probably why you associated her with spaghetti.

He also said she went to the college, had her own apartment at one time. He said she had gotten kicked out of college; I don't recall why. I'm not sure if she started caring for the elderly woman after being kicked out of college or where that fits in the time line

Irish_Eyes........they could almost be the same person. Very similar looking except my Andrea obviously pronounced her name different I believe and she did actually have what I figured was Bipolar Order as my own father had it and I know the symptoms and actions to a T. My older brother is a Doctor of Psychology and he and I are both very good at helping people with mental illnesses. My Andrea was also an artist and painted very cool but often times dark and melancholy paintings. And my Andrea was also a very attractive and buxom girl, so she got a lot of attention and not all of it good. But, I believe my Andrea would have been younger at the time this accident happened or the age is off somehow, you're right. She was a bit darker skinned that Andrea Kuiper though too. I was very protective of her when we would hang out. I have a couple very special memories of my Andrea and I hope I can eventually find her again someday too. At least we now know that this is not her. So very close, but not her. I am so relieved that Andrea Kuiper has been identified, FINALLY! But, I am still quite torn up about my Andrea. Thanks for the post, Irish_Eyes! Love And Peace To All - MontanaMan

The photos of Andrea Kuiper are over 5 years old. I wish they would have released a more recent photo of her. Sounds like your Andrea resembles Andrea K; are you sure they're not the same person? It sounds like there is a few years unaccounted for with Andrea K. She had the government job; then at some point went to CA. I'm not sure if we know the last time her parents actually saw her.

The photos of Andrea Kuiper are over 5 years old. I wish they would have released a more recent photo of her. Sounds like your Andrea resembles Andrea K; are you sure they're not the same person? It sounds like there is a few years unaccounted for with Andrea K. She had the government job; then at some point went to CA. I'm not sure if we know the last time her parents actually saw her.

Hi Roselvr!
Yes, I can be absolutely positive they are not the same person. There are a few features that are the same but I would know my Andrea in second, no matter what her age now. I have someone who lives out in that area doing some sleuthing for me right now just to see if we can track her down anyway. Thanks for the thought Roselvr. I hope you're feeling better.
Love And Peace To All - MontanaMan

Hi Roselvr!
Yes, I can be absolutely positive they are not the same person. There are a few features that are the same but I would know my Andrea in second, no matter what her age now. I have someone who lives out in that area doing some sleuthing for me right now just to see if we can track her down anyway. Thanks for the thought Roselvr. I hope you're feeling better.

Let me know if you need any of the info the other friend gave me.

Attachments

• IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4165.JPG
    IMG_4165.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4166.JPG
    IMG_4166.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4167.JPG
    IMG_4167.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 157
Hi Keithcandy
Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for joining.
This Jane Doe has already been positively identified as Andrew Kuiper. She was recently identified with fingerprints.
There are several other cases that are open and could still use your help.Here are a few of my pet cases, if you're interested:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...WhtFem-133UFOH-15-25-Apr-81-*GRAPHIC*/page188
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-16UFLA-20-30-Breast-Implants-Pregnant-Jun-86
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...4-16-Nov-80-*GRAPHIC*&highlight=Walker+county
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-30-MVA-car-stolen-in-Gurnee-IL-Sep-77/page38
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Nov-85-amp-May-00/page99&highlight=Allenstown

:wagon:

To all whom are reading this, If I could with your grant of permission, even though she's ben identified, may I see her PM photo? I feel as if I'd like to bring proper respects to her.

To all whom are reading this, If I could with your grant of permission, even though she's ben identified, may I see her PM photo? I feel as if I'd like to bring proper respects to her.

Her PM photo was never released to the public. I doubt anyone will share it out of respect for Andrea and her family

Why does anyone need to see it?

Hi Roselvr!
I hope to see an update whenever you do find her!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back