Results from Genealogy DNA testing are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has actually been trying to set up his own webpage-I know he finds it difficult because of the speed of his computer. We are trying to find him a faster one that he will actually accept as a gift, lol. I will check in with him and see if he wants to have someone else set it up for him....he is a pretty stubborn guy, lol, so perhaps he will say no to this offer as well, but you never know!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay. If BK is working on his own web page, that is great.

Does he know there are free web sites?

Is his computer old? Or does he just have dial up service?

I have two close relatives who are those computer nerd guys. Both make a good living as computer programmers. They build their own computers and have a spare parts shed.
Would he accept a built from scratch computer? We live in Oregon, would have to ship it to Georgia.

------------------------------------------------------------------
First, welcome Roselvr:
Second: I posted on Dr Phil's new message board about BK's ydna.
I also sent in a request for Dr Phil to do an update re: ydna and have an expert dna on as well as an expert on geneaology. No response.

Third.
BK's hair being possibly lighter when he was younger.
I had light brownish blonde hair for a very long time.
When I was about 52, my hair darkened. And now at 61,
my hair is dark brown with a few threads of gray in it.
So, a major possibility.

Fourth: Count me in on contributing to the data, if you need help.

Thank you!
I think for Dr Phil to take notice that a day (or few days/week) should be picked that we all do it at the same time. They can blow off one or two emails but not tons.

I am not going to turn down a request to do a draft-Pretty Please!!! I will get you my email address if you want so that we can data dump to each other if that is OK...

I started one yesterday after posting, has a lot of info so far. As you see I bumped the post up there, I also emailed the mod there to edit your 1st post to add photos. So far I haven't gotten a reply but I'm hopeful.
Go to the other place to get my email addy. The one here is not my main one.

Question I have about his eyes.. I see blue/green but wondered if they are gray but change to blue or green depending on what he is wearing? In some pics they appear that way.

If I can scan a picture of 80's hair, I have someone that will photo shop for me. My son's girlfriend is going to school for graphic design (graduating this year) so hopefully what I or someone else couldn't do, maybe she can.

He has actually been trying to set up his own webpage-I know he finds it difficult because of the speed of his computer. We are trying to find him a faster one that he will actually accept as a gift, lol. I will check in with him and see if he wants to have someone else set it up for him....he is a pretty stubborn guy, lol, so perhaps he will say no to this offer as well, but you never know!!!

If he wants to email me, please give him my email addy.
I'd be willing to work along side of him and I also build computers.
I have software from Microsoft for web pages if it's needed.
I have parts that I am not using and if I can speak to him to see what he is using and what we can do to make it faster, I'd be willing to send him parts.

I did a lot of googling the last few days and have been saving a lot of sites that would be beneficial to add information to or to make blogs/pages there to get the word out.

IMO, looking at sites that target states, and/or older people. Also as many blog sites as possible. Google has a blog site, then there is Windows Live, I'm pretty sure there are Mac related blogs. I haven't looked at all this Mac of mine can do but it's supposed to be decent for stuff like this.

I wanted to help last year but couldn't. My hubby fell off of his tractor trailer then we moved. My daughter has had a rough year here she fell down the step in September. I've been looking for something to do with my time and this seems like a good fit. His story has always gotten to me; my heart goes out to him.

Before shutting down for the night, I was looking at TLC's web site to find a contact us link to post here so that everyone could contact them at the same time so that maybe they would do a story on him. Chelsey was mentioned at one time, we could do the same at her site. The more emails the better.

Next I was going to focus on looking at other sites related to restaurants as well as the east coast & places he thinks he's from.

Thank you!
I think for Dr Phil to take notice that a day (or few days/week) should be picked that we all do it at the same time. They can blow off one or two emails but not tons.

I started one yesterday after posting, has a lot of info so far. As you see I bumped the post up there, I also emailed the mod there to edit your 1st post to add photos. So far I haven't gotten a reply but I'm hopeful.
Go to the other place to get my email addy. The one here is not my main one.

Question I have about his eyes.. I see blue/green but wondered if they are gray but change to blue or green depending on what he is wearing? In some pics they appear that way.

If I can scan a picture of 80's hair, I have someone that will photo shop for me. My son's girlfriend is going to school for graphic design (graduating this year) so hopefully what I or someone else couldn't do, maybe she can.

I have not met him in person-those who have say that his eyes are unusual and truly blue-green, not gray or hazel. I know the photo that we have of him in his green shirt make his eyes look green. There is a definite "tone" to the photo, and I do not know if that is what is changing the look of his eyes.

I love the idea of 80's hair-if you could do blonde to brown for the colors, it might give us a better idea. He was fully gray when found, and it is tough to decide which way he went for hair color. IIRC, he believes he might have been blonde as a child??...I have to go back through some notes for that one.

The reading I have done the last few days, I did see he thought he was blond.
I also have wondered about his name and if he picked Kyle because it was similar to what he remembers his name to be, such as spelling, he remembered some letters, remembered it was a short name, such as comparing Kyle to Cole.

Ok, another day, spent more time googling..
I think I have everything for the cheat sheet. I've yet to fully read the Dr Phil message boards and will try to do that tomorrow, then will give you the info.
All of the google pages, all the info here, there really is not much information except what was originally put out.

The only newer info I've found was the detail about his scars.

I'll see what I can do in the next few days.
Truthfully, I don't hold a lot of hope for him unless he starts accepting help to get hypnotized to see what he can find out. I understand he may be afraid of what he finds but if someone out there wanted to harm him again, they would have done it since everything points back to that Burger King. All they have to do is google. There is so much partial info out there; info that is spreading. If he seriously doesn't want to know he should be honest and say so.

If he seriously wants to know who he is he needs to face this head on and not look back, so to speak.

I do think that getting X-rayed to see if there are pins in his body is another good start, and if he can't afford it, I'm sure people will donate to a fund to help him find his answers.

The longer this goes on the less chance of finding out who he really is. It very well could be his parents are older and don't go online; it also could be that they are gone.

IMO, I think he's better off figuring this out and trying to do it now. The longer this goes on, chances are the way he pronounces things are going to change, his face is going to change; someone may never recognize him. He also might not be able to separate factual memories from things he is reading online.

Ben, if you are reading this, please think to do more videos, there is such a lack of you speaking which is where I think the big break will come from. Someone is going to hear you talk and they will remember you. Someone out there is missing you but they don't know how to find you. Take care.

'Nigel Smith' another amnesia victim 2002 -2003:
http://www.landofsixpeoples.com/news301/nc3060111.htm
http://www.leventisforsenate.com/bluegranite/past_winners/03.07.metz.htm

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/073103/met_124-8916.shtml
He is Alvin Williams, from Guyana.
The point is that in listening to his dialect, they eventually found his home and family.
They made tapes of him speaking and sent it to linguists.
Something that can be done for BK.

Dreamweaver, thanks for the link, interesting read.
I'm glad this man finally knows who he is.

Maybe one one of Benjaman's people can contact that state worker?

Last night I finally started getting blogs together. I haven't published yet.
Started uploading pictures.
I need to figure out decent tags so that web crawlers will find it.
At the forum where I met Believe, I got the moderator to edit her 1st post to add links to photos; so that's a decent start.

I did send Ben an email, we'll see if he responds.
I offered my help with his computer and a web page.
I also found his blog and am pretty sure I quoted what I typed up, all he has to do is post it.

Next on my list is to print up the flier plus the info about his scars. I have an appointment with 2 of my doctors this week, pain management as well as my orthopedic surgeon. My PM doc will talk to me about this, not sure if the ortho surgeon will answer any general questions I have about surgeries like that. I'm curious how long ago things like skin grafts were started and if maybe they can put a date to it with the type of scar he has.

I see Ben is registered on Dr Phil, he might think to write in his blog there

Also, has anyone checked out dannybarter.com which was mentioned on Dr Phils board?
The one brother looks similar to Ben
Danny Barter page

The point is that in listening to his dialect, they eventually found his home and family.

Dreamweaver, can you email me at roselvr@gmail.com?
I tried to send a DM but can't.

Thanks

roselvr:
re: Danny Barter:
IMO: BK is not Danny B. Danny B
had dark brown eyes.
OT: Danny B's family will have
a 50 yr memorial soon.

Wow, I'm so glad you found this info on Williams and shared it. Very interesting to read this mans story and see the striking similarities. The linguistics angle seems to hold more hope for me after reading that!

Roselvr, I've been catching up on reading here and wanted to say wow! you sure jump in! :) Welcome and thanks for all the thought and work you've already put in for Benjaman.

roselvr:
re: Danny Barter:
IMO: BK is not Danny B. Danny B
had dark brown eyes.
OT: Danny B's family will have
a 50 yr memorial soon.

There were a few reasons I'd said Danny. My dad "grew into" his ears, then I wondered if his eye color was remembered wrong, you never know. I mostly based it off of Ben's resemblance to the siblings

Roselvr, I've been catching up on reading here and wanted to say wow! you sure jump in! :) Welcome and thanks for all the thought and work you've already put in for Benjaman.

I've been wanting to help for a long time but couldn't.
I had a few bad back days where I couldn't do much more then sit & read so I devoted it to catch up with Ben.
When I told my hubby the story and he'd never read about it, it made me determined to devote a few days to helping so that I could send an email to friends and make some posts at other places.

My hubby reads the news a few times a day, people in NJ haven't heard about him.

What does the 67 marker upgrade mean? Can someone explain how that is different than the previous information was posted? (and can we have that answered on the approp. DNA thread? ) I will copy this question there as well.

To answer your question, Cubs-

"The additional markers refine the predicted time period in which two individuals are related and eliminate unrelated matches. A perfect match at sixty-seven markers indicates a common ancestor in very recent times. This is the ideal test for matching if a break in the paper trail, such as an adoption, is known or suspected. A haplogroup is determined and backed by our SNP Assurance Program. When another person shows identical results within our database, if both parties have signed the Family Tree DNA Release Form, then we will inform them of the match. The customer will also receive a certificate and report describing the testing process and the meaning of sixty-seven marker matches. "

This is from the FamilyTree DNA website. This is the group that has sponsored much of Benjaman's testing....

Thank you believe. Does this then mean the 67 marker match indicates a possible relative within a shorter time span of a few hundred years as was previously discussed? Some of this is difficult to understand. Thanks for your patience and the explaination. :)

Ok, I think I have this straight now. Mr. Kyle has upgraded to the 67 marker testing but we don't know if there has been any 'upgraded matches' since the previous 'match' to the Joseph Powell branch, correct?

Were the numbers on the match ever released? for example 37 of 37? or 34/37??? I'm trying to visualize the number of generations based on the most recent match information.

With my goofy computer I wasn't able to utilize the link dreamweaver was so kind to provide, but found this which was helpful imo.
http://www.familytreedna.com/genetic-distance-markers.aspx?testtype=67

I know this wont be much help
becouse i have never heard Maryland mentioned with this case

but i grew up in Rockville,MD there was a lot of powell in the area
in fact one lived across the street from us for over 20 years
I believe the father was in the military

I don't remember any joseph

john
scott

sorry probably didn't help but this is the first time i saw the name Powell in this case must of missed this thread

Ok, I think I have this straight now. Mr. Kyle has upgraded to the 67 marker testing but we don't know if there has been any 'upgraded matches' since the previous 'match' to the Joseph Powell branch, correct?

Were the numbers on the match ever released? for example 37 of 37? or 34/37??? I'm trying to visualize the number of generations based on the most recent match information.

With my goofy computer I wasn't able to utilize the link dreamweaver was so kind to provide, but found this which was helpful imo.
http://www.familytreedna.com/genetic-distance-markers.aspx?testtype=67

Cubby, I believe the closest was 63/67 match and kit #N48878, unless there has been some more testing done since in Feb/Mar when the results came in.
In this case, I believe a 7 to 8 year generation gap, if I read that correctly, to the kit N48878, who genealogy is listed in the group.
When on the page for the kit results, scroll down and see SC-13(at the bottom of the page). This is the group I am working on. If you have an ancestry account let me know, I will be glad to let you know what I have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23