Searching for Anna

Does anyone have a membership to Classmates to view yearbooks in regular viewing mode? As per the comment left on J's blog, the female in question is named... K...
Look Escondido HS years, 82-85/6
I would think Anna would have graduated HS in 1985.
I brought up yearbooks but pics are blurry. Look for a K.......

Apologies if this was already looked at. I think this is a recent comment to Joe Ford's old blog. IGNORE the freckles. My oldest daughter started to develop freckles after the age of 10. No one else in our family--including her younger sister--has freckles. I think this might be a newish comment because the blogger has only been active since September 2014:

I received a flyer today and recognized the photo as a photo I had seen at my grandmothers home in Salinas Can I believe in a newspaper.
The photo of little Anna Waters looks eearily similar to a girl I grew up with.Her mother was a drug addict and drug dealer in the 1980's and after telling her mom about some horrible things her moms boyfriend had done to her she threw her out on the street s of Escondido ca when she was about 14.the mother never seemed like she really cared for her daughter or was in any way bonded and looked nothing like her.
The age progressed photo looks SO MUCH like her its unbelievable. I had the flyer on the table when my husband got home and without me saying anything to him he said "oh my God that looks like Kristine".
Kristine is about 46 and is working and living in the Los Angeles area.
I'm not sure what to do and I haven't spoken to her in a few years.
Does anyone know if Anna Waters had freckles?
I know I should call the number and if I knew whether or not she had freckles I would feel more confident.
Somehow I have missed whatever discussion concerned freckles. No, Anna did not have freckles and nobody on either side of the family has freckles...too bad, because I do like freckles!

Praying for resolution Annasmom. Fly high with the angels Anna! :blowkiss:

i think this lead should be looked at sometimes someone developes a trait or something that no one in the family has like i have really tiny eyes. looking at baby pictures of me i could pass for an asian person. my nationalites are Armenian, Italian, and Lithuanian. no one in my family has or had eyes as small as i do.

so the freckles could be something only anna could have gotten maybe from her dads side?

i think this lead should be looked at sometimes someone developes a trait or something that no one in the family has like i have really tiny eyes. looking at baby pictures of me i could pass for an asian person. my nationalites are Armenian, Italian, and Lithuanian. no one in my family has or had eyes as small as i do.

so the freckles could be something only anna could have gotten maybe from her dads side?
I'm all for investigating any possible lead, but I still can't figure out what freckles have to do with it. Going back as far as the grandparents on both sides and considering parents and all siblings, if nobody has freckles and Anna did not have them by age five, I think it is highly unlikely that the grownup Anna would have freckles.

I'm all for investigating any possible lead, but I still can't figure out what freckles have to do with it. Going back as far as the grandparents on both sides and considering parents and all siblings, if nobody has freckles and Anna did not have them by age five, I think it is highly unlikely that the grownup Anna would have freckles.

Well, a slim chance Anna may have acquired a few over the years?
What I would like to know is how many freckles? A couple... Understandable. Many?
Very few people have thought they knew someone who looked like Anna... It would be nice to know more about who the blogger was friends with as a child. I agree, it should be followed up on, but how?

Hi guys. I'm Jennie from Tennessee. I am usually a lurker. I try to keep up with several threads and have for years. This is one of them and I was trying to catch up. I just wanted to say, don't discount the freckles! My best friend's daughter suddenly developed a lot of freckles after they put in a pool. She calls them her spots. She really likes her spots because my daughter has spots. My daughter being much older, Kailey is no longer scared she is going to "die because she has spots." Lol!! Als, my husband has had flawless beautiful perfect skin his entire life. He was in Memphis (much different weather) for a while. His shoulders and back are covered in freckles. 3years later the are still there. I'm not sure that was helpful info at all but she could very well have freckles now. I've always thought Anna is alive. If she's outdoors more so than most people (working, sports, soaking up the sun on the beach or the lake) she might have "spots!"

Welcome to WS JennIfOnly! :welcome: Thank you for coming out of lurkdom.

Well, a slim chance Anna may have acquired a few over the years?
What I would like to know is how many freckles? A couple... Understandable. Many?
Very few people have thought they knew someone who looked like Anna... It would be nice to know more about who the blogger was friends with as a child. I agree, it should be followed up on, but how?

Hi, SK! I still don't know how freckles became an issue. I have read that blogger's post several times, and all I see is that she wishes she knew whether Anna had freckles. Does she say somewhere that her childhood friend had freckles? I don't see it if she did...but maybe I missed something.

As to people someone thought looked like Anna, I have a huge file of these (if I haven't deleted them as they were ruled out. There have been at least a dozen, maybe more. We more or less decided after the "C" experience (page 200 in the book Searching for Anna) that we'd have to have something more than physical resemblance to go on. In the blogger's case, of course, the age seems right. I wish we could contact her.

does anyone know joes password that he would have used for the blog if so you could log in and then would be able to access the personal info on the women like her email she would have needed to sign up.

another way is to contact the blog website its self and tell them you are trying to contact the women and there is no way and you would like for them the blog website to contact her on your behalf, letting her know if she would like to reach out to the family this is the email. use terms such as you are family she might have info on anna

Some of you may be interested in reading about Anna's (rather wonderful) life in the year or so before she disappeared. My new book, The Thrilling Adventures of Number 18, has just been released on Amazon.com. There are Anna-episodes which may crack you up....such as the time she found a plastic mustache on the ground and wondered whether she could put it on and use the boy's bathroom.

Hiya. I haven't been around for a while. Has the comment on Joe's blog been reported to LE - I can't remember who the principal investigator for Anna is? Surely they should and would be able to get information about the other blogger?

Also, if K lives and works in a certain area, has anyone looked at all the people with that name in that area? The spelling seems distinctive.

Thinking of Anna and Anna's family today. Hoping this is the last anniversary without answers.

:grouphug:

Thinking of Anna and Anna's family today. Hoping this is the last anniversary without answers.

:grouphug:

Thank you, Cubby. You know, I always run into Anna's kindergarten teacher at the post office or grocery store on Jan. 16...it's a bit uncanny. This year she was a day early; I saw her at the post office yesterday and she gave me a big hug. On another subject, I was hoping interested parties would copy and promote information about the new bus log book (available free as an e-book and very low priced on amazon.com), since it has a picture of Anna on the back, many stories about that year inside, and a kid's drawing on the cover that even a grown-up Anna might recognize. I intended to donate any royalties that exceeded printing costs to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The book is called The Thrilling Adventures of Number 18 and is available on Amazon.com.

Thinking of Anna and her family. I will definitely buy the book.

I just wanted to mention that on the Diane Dye thread (1970's board), we have a new poster who said she was abducted from San Jose/Campbell in 1973. She is not Anna, she escaped the abduction but since it was the same year, I wanted to let you know in case you want to ask her any questions.

I bought the book and it was a really good read. I would have a hard time thinking that Anna would forget that trip! It was certainly not a run of the mill adventure for most people!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back