The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missouri Mule had some sort of medical problem and won't be able to post on this for a while. I think he means to go back and read newspaper accounts regarding the grand jury. Apparently the grand jury had 3 suspects they were looking at back in '92 or '93. There wasn't enough evidence against them so they never were indicted. MM will be back sometime in February. I'm guessing that is what he meant by his post.

Thanks,

That's correct. I have had eye surgery and can't look up but briefly.

I recommend ruling out GJ matter before moving to other theories. That would be much more productive use of time in my view.

For the record I view most, if not all. of the rumors about the victims as groundless.

Hopefully I can comment more in February.

Hmmm, I cannot help but feel a little ignored on this thread. I have posted twice and no one has even acknowledged my presence. I have not received that type of reception on other threads, usually people are very friendly and welcome me and at least respond in some fashion. There is nothing more annoying than taking the time to type out a thoughtful inquiry or theory only to have no one even acknowledge it. I even offered my help since I am from Springfield and my entire family lives there. I realize that this is an involved thread and there are consistently the same posters and I doubt it is even something that is being done on purpose. I would just like to encourage people to have an open mind and when you see a new name or see that this person has not been a member very long don't automatically dismiss them. I am very active on other message boards, which is how I came to find this one, and I find myself doing that very same thing; overlooking someone because they are new to the board because I am in search of looking for the 'regulars' and there have been many times i was surprised when I did read what they had to say. Fresh eyes are sometimes the best. I am not complaining, nor are my feelings hurt. It is just something I would like to point out. Somtimes people don't realize these things until another points it out.
Thank you for reading. Take Care. MM I hope your surgery went okay and the healing process is a hasty one.

Hmmm, I cannot help but feel a little ignored on this thread. I have posted twice and no one has even acknowledged my presence. I have not received that type of reception on other threads, usually people are very friendly and welcome me and at least respond in some fashion. There is nothing more annoying than taking the time to type out a thoughtful inquiry or theory only to have no one even acknowledge it. I even offered my help since I am from Springfield and my entire family lives there. I realize that this is an involved thread and there are consistently the same posters and I doubt it is even something that is being done on purpose. I would just like to encourage people to have an open mind and when you see a new name or see that this person has not been a member very long don't automatically dismiss them. I am very active on other message boards, which is how I came to find this one, and I find myself doing that very same thing; overlooking someone because they are new to the board because I am in search of looking for the 'regulars' and there have been many times i was surprised when I did read what they had to say. Fresh eyes are sometimes the best. I am not complaining, nor are my feelings hurt. It is just something I would like to point out. Somtimes people don't realize these things until another points it out.
Thank you for reading. Take Care. MM I hope your surgery went okay and the healing process is a hasty one.

Gaia, I'm sorry you feel that way. I PM'd you with a few thoughts on your posting. As far as answering your questions, I usually defer all questions on here to Missouri Mule since he lived in Springfield at the time of the abductions. He worked in an investigative capacity (not law enforcement) for over 30 years. He has been looking into this since it happened and as you can see, I live in Ohio, no where near Missouri. He is very good about answering posts on here and I'm sure will get back to that once he is fully recovered and can spend a long time on the computer again.

I feel that the parking garage should be either ruled in or ruled out. In Rick Norland's professional opinion, the anomaly is consistent with three old graves. For the record, here is his resume:
http://www.construction-solutions.net/resume.asp

As you can see, his resume is impeccible. His opinion should have carried enough weight to do an inexpensive core sample at the very least. KY3 should have done a one-on-one interview with him on camera last year when the story broke; but for some reason, decided not to.

Rick Norland has distinguished himself many times, receiving awards for his inventions and his service. He has published numerous articles and manuals of a technical and scientific nature in addition to receiving patents for his inventions of equipment relating to the industry.

Rick is often called upon to assist in projects worldwide, ranging from modifications to the Panama Canal, the raising of the "Kirsk" submarine, to nuclear power plant decommissioning. He is also actively involved in the design, modification, and testing of new and existing equipment, both here and abroad.

This post isn't about psychics, it's about science. Rick Norland came to Springfield on his own dime and did the GPR scan. He didn't know anything about the three missing women case and he wasn't told what he was looking for. He had no prior knowledge of what he was looking for. He was asked to do the scan and to describe what he saw.

Off camera and off the record; Rick stated there are three sets of skulls, three backbones, and three sets of extremities buried under the concrete.

If Rick's professional opinion doesn't carry weight (and apparently it doesn't); then nothing we do here will matter. It's all in vain.

Gaia, I'm sorry you feel that way. I PM'd you with a few thoughts on your posting. As far as answering your questions, I usually defer all questions on here to Missouri Mule since he lived in Springfield at the time of the abductions. He worked in an investigative capacity (not law enforcement) for over 30 years. He has been looking into this since it happened and as you can see, I live in Ohio, no where near Missouri. He is very good about answering posts on here and I'm sure will get back to that once he is fully recovered and can spend a long time on the computer again.

Thanks Liz. I in no way am trying to take MissouriMules 'thunder' - he is obviously VERY knowledgeable about the case and has investigative experience and has lots of valuable information. It is weird to hear all these people talking about your hometown; streets you've driven down a hundred times, landmarks, surrounding towns and especially with this case because I remember it so vividly and have followed it for years and I have finally found a place with other people who are interested in it as well. I am grateful for that.

Missouri Mule, I dont know exactly what kind of investigative work you did but would you happen to know my father? He has been a Federal Judge in Springfield for 27yrs - Judge James England?

Gaia,

One characteristic of this thread is that there may be one question or issue dominating a discussion for a page or two and it is hard to "change the subject." Many people have seen the 48 Hours video and read the newspaper accounts. Right now we seem to be hot on what for me is new information about the grand jury investigation. The thread is also long, and people come and go without much fanfare. I am a case in point since I have just returned to the discussion. I wanted to respond to your point about Bartt but just got sidetracked. Welcome aboard.

I too find it interesting that Bartt was in Florida when the call came in to AMW. Now I guess the issue is how Bartt does or does not fit in with the GJ "situation."

As you know, our friend Missouri Mule will be sidelined for a while--you may want to PM him so he will get your message when he is able to read and respond more consistently.

Gaia,

One characteristic of this thread is that there may be one question or issue dominating a discussion for a page or two and it is hard to "change the subject." Many people have seen the 48 Hours video and read the newspaper accounts. Right now we seem to be hot on what for me is new information about the grand jury investigation. The thread is also long, and people come and go without much fanfare. I am a case in point since I have just returned to the discussion. I wanted to respond to your point about Bartt but just got sidetracked. Welcome aboard.

I too find it interesting that Bartt was in Florida when the call came in to AMW. Now I guess the issue is how Bartt does or does not fit in with the GJ "situation."

As you know, our friend Missouri Mule will be sidelined for a while--you may want to PM him so he will get your message when he is able to read and respond more consistently.

Short of necessity. No relative of the victims were subjects of any GJ matter so far as I know. I surely doubt it. I am talking of the federal grand jury. I believe there were actually two grand juries involved. The newspaper provided (and is quoted somewhere here) with quite specific information regarding these subjects.

The individuals involved are not generally known to my knowledge. Having said this, not all the detectives reportedly share this view. (I cannot verify this as fact, however.) Nonetheless, I believe this is where people should center their inquiries. Rule them out before moving onto novel theories and other irrelevant speculation.

The reason to rule them out is because the known published facts would appear to fit the logical scenario of what went down.

Later, as circumstances allow.

Also, I'm a paramedic who works for Cox hospital here in Springfield. My wife works in the Hulston Cancer center. There is absolutely no chance that their bodies are located underneath or anywhere near that hospital! It's inconceivable. There is far too much security, far too much foot-traffic, and far too much lighting. (As was there at the time of their vanishing) I am intimately familiar with the area, and I have been since well before the 3MW's disappearance. You'd have better luck burying three bodies in the middle of the mall during the Holidays.

What if you had a couple bags of just bones? No bodies. Just a couple of burlap sacks of bones. They wouldn't weigh much. They would be easy to tote around and they would fit nicely underneath the rebar.

I believe that you can bury burlap sacks in broad daylight without drawing too much attention. Wouldn't be hard.

It was to my understanding that they were doing construction around the hospital at the time of their disappearance. I thought I also read that they could possibly be buried there but it would be too costly for them to dig up the area.
:waitasec:

KY3 in Springfield published this timeline of events from the night of their abduction up to 2006. Sorry if this was previously posted on here but I don't think it was because I don't ever remember reading this version before. It's a good view of things for anyone who has never read about the case before, or for those who want to refamiliarize themselves with it.

Significant events in the disappearance of three women
by KY3 News

Story Published October 04, 2007

Here’s a timeline in the case of the three missing women.

June 7, 1992:
Stacy McCall, 18, Suzie Streeter, 19, and Suzie’s mother, Sherill Levitt, 47, disappeared from Levitt’s home at 1717 E. Delmar St. The teenagers had attended a party on the evening of June 6 after their graduations from Kickapoo High School, then went to Levitt’s home, with plans to go with friends on an outing the next day. They weren’t in the home when friends came by on Sunday morning. Family members notified police that evening after they hadn’t heard from the women.

June 8, 1992:
Springfield police assigned more than 30 officers to work on the case around the clock. Police notified reporters that morning, setting off massive waves of publicity about the case. McCall’s parents distributed flyers about the women to businesses, hoping that someone
would remember something that would be useful.

June 23, 1992:
Billboards with the women's pictures went up around the area.

June 24, 1992:
A reward fund climbed to $40,000 for information on the case.

July 18, 1992:
An FBI expert on violent crime arrived in Springfield to work on the case.

Sep. 3, 1992:
A CBS program, "48 Hours," featured the missing women's case. Other national programs that covered the case included NBC's "Unsolved Mysteries,” and Fox's "America's Most Wanted.”

Oct. 8, 1992:
Springfield police finished a mock-up of a green Dodge van that might have been involved in the abductions. That van sat on the front lawn of the Springfield Police Department for many months to remind people
about the case and to try to jog some memories.

March 15, 1993:
Police continued tracing leads. Sixty-six calls came in from a story on "America's Most Wanted." Four Springfield detectives still worked on the case full-time.

April 7, 1993:
A cassette tape with three songs dedicated to the missing women was packaged and sold to add to the reward fund.

Aug. 28, 1993:
Law officers with a search warrant spent all day looking for the bodies of the three women on the farm of Francis Robb in Webster County.
Afterwards, officers said they found "some" evidence that they
analyzed but nothing ever came of the search.

Oct. 28-29, 1993:
Ripley County, Ind., sheriff's officers recovered a 1985 blue Dodge van motor home in a campground in Versailles, Ind. People in the campground said it had been occupied by a man until about June or July
and felt it was abandoned. The van's vehicle identification number matched the VIN on a van stolen from an automobile dealership in Springfield between June 4 and June 9, 1992, that once was considered to be a possible suspect vehicle in the missing women case.

Aug. 26-27, 1994:
A federal grand jury reviewed evidence in the missing women's case. Police sources said they had three suspects at the time.

One was a 36-year-old man from Springfield with a long criminal record dating to 1978. He's spent most of his adult life in jail or prison, including sentences for stealing, burglary, theft, robbery and harassment.
He had escaped from prison and, most recently, was arrested for raping
and sodomizing a woman in Springfield after breaking into her home.
On this date, he was behind bars.

The second suspect was a 28-year-old man from Kansas. He,
too, has a criminal record dating to 1984, including convictions for burglary, aggravated assault, escape and various parole violations.
He also was behind bars at this time. The third suspect was a
28-year-old man who was originally from Cedar County, Mo., near Stockton. He was first arrested in 1985 and has done time for burglary, stealing and parole violation. He escaped from prison with the first suspect in 1990 but was in custody as of this date.

These three men were moved around the Kansas prison system for years and often did time together in the same facility. When the three women disappeared, all three of the men were on the street.

The federal grand jury issued no indictments.

Nov. 2, 1994:
“America's Most Wanted” got a tip with directions to "bodies" near Gainesville, Mo. Searchers found a garbage bag with two blue T-shirts with gunshot holes and “old” blood on them. An animal’s body also was in the bag.

May 13, 1997:
Jim Williams, Levitt’s father, died in Seattle.

June 7, 1997:
On the fifth anniversary of their disappearance, hundreds of friends and family members gathered in Phelps Grove Park in Springfield to
dedicate a monument to them -- a black granite bench engraved with their names -- in the park’s Crime Victims Garden.

Sep. 26, 1997:
A judge granted the request of relatives of Streeter and Levitt to officially declare them dead after the mandatory five-year waiting period had passed. McCall’s parents have declined to take that step.

July and August, 2002:
Webster County Sheriff Ron Worsham led a search, which included cadaver dogs, men with backhoes, archaeologists and FBI agents, of a property on Highway A in his county. Worsham’s department received a tip about two men who drove a green van and worked for a concrete company in Greene County. The property was where the concrete company dumped material. The search, which covered parts of two weekends, turned up nothing that led investigators to believe the missing women’s bodies were on the property. Worsham was assistant police chief in Springfield when the women disappeared.

April 7-10, 2003:
Searchers dug at a property south of Cassville, following tips that led them to believe the women might be buried there. Nothing was found there that indicated a link to Streeter, Levitt and McCall.

Spring, 2006:
Independent investigator Kathee Baird says she found evidence that the women are buried under a parking garage near Cox South Hospital.
Police spent many months trying to verify her claim but declined to tear
up the garage to search for bodies.

It was to my understanding that they were doing construction around the hospital at the time of their disappearance. I thought I also read that they could possibly be buried there but it would be too costly for them to dig up the area.
:waitasec:

Cost of coring the concrete has already been guaranteed. But in my view it is not likely to lead anywhere, although in principle I support doing it in order to put this dispute to rest.

It is also my view that this is a convenient red herring for the police department to deflect legitimate inquiries. They benefit by letting the conspiracists waste their time talking about this rather than deal with real facts. That would be my take on the situation. But I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Cost of coring the concrete has already been guaranteed. But in my view it is not likely to lead anywhere, although in principle I support doing it in order to put this dispute to rest.

It is also my view that this is a convenient red herring for the police department to deflect legitimate inquiries. They benefit by letting the conspiracists waste their time talking about this rather than deal with real facts. That would be my take on the situation. But I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

It will cost $200 to $400 to do the coring. The hospital gave the SPD full permission to core the spot anytime they want to. Why the SPD won't core the spot is the $64,000 question.

The parking garage lead doesn't have to be the Springfield Three. It could be the Oklahoma Three who vanished 9 days earlier on May 29th, 1992. It could also be Angela Hammond who vanished from Clinton, Missouri on April 4th, 1991. It could also be three transients (prostitutes, homeless people, etc.) that have never been reported missing.

I would have to disagree with MM's assessment that this lead is a red herring because it could apply to any number of unsolved cases.

It will cost $200 to $400 to do the coring. The hospital gave the SPD full permission to core the spot anytime they want to. Why the SPD won't core the spot is the $64,000 question.

The parking garage lead doesn't have to be the Springfield Three. It could be the Oklahoma Three who vanished 9 days earlier on May 29th, 1992. It could also be Angela Hammond who vanished from Clinton, Missouri on April 4th, 1991. It could also be three transients (prostitutes, homeless people, etc.) that have never been reported missing.

I would have to disagree with MM's assessment that this lead is a red herring because it could apply to any number of unsolved cases.

Point well taken. What I intended to convey was this is a convenient "red herring" for the police department to talk about rather than the case itself. In fact they REFUSE to talk about the case itself according to a well placed source to who told me this personally via e-mail.

It is entirely plausible and possible for other remains to be found there. Norland is in fact is a well respected professional.

Point well taken. What I intended to convey was this is a convenient "red herring" for the police department to talk about rather than the case itself. In fact they REFUSE to talk about the case itself according to a well placed source to who told me this personally via e-mail.

I believe it. A family member of the Oklahoma Three has made several inquiries about the parking garage and the SPD won't talk to her.

What if you had a couple bags of just bones? No bodies. Just a couple of burlap sacks of bones. They wouldn't weigh much. They would be easy to tote around and they would fit nicely underneath the rebar.

I believe that you can bury burlap sacks in broad daylight without drawing too much attention. Wouldn't be hard.

Then today you said:

"The parking garage lead doesn't have to be the Springfield Three. It could be the Oklahoma Three who vanished 9 days earlier on May 29th, 1992. It could also be Angela Hammond who vanished from Clinton, Missouri on April 4th, 1991. It could also be three transients (prostitutes, homeless people, etc.) that have never been reported missing."

I thought in your vision of Stacy McCall she conveyed to you where she was:

"On August 14th, 2000, I was going over the vision with Stacy for what seemed to be for the millionth time, when I realized something. Stacy was to my right and for the longest time, I could only see her from behind. This gave me the words: "Right behind: or "Right in back of." I took it one step further... "Right in back of Cox Hospital"

Snip

"When I experienced the vision with Stacy, I watched her hair fall from her left shoulder and I didn't know what it meant.

In April of 2002, I realized something. Stacy was touching me with her left hand. Her hair fell from her left shoulder and when she turned toward me, she turned to her left. So, the word "left" is very important in this vision.

"When I went to the internet and pulled up a drawing of Cox Hospital South, I noticed something. When you stand in back of Cox Hospital South and face west (Stacy was facing west when I experienced the vision), you will find yourself between two buildings. One of them is onb the right and the other is on the left.

"The one one the left is Cox Medical Plaza II and is now known as the Hulston Caner Center. At the time the women vanished, the area was an open field."

So now you are saying that it could also be the Oklahoma 3, Angela Hammond, protitutes or homeless people? A doctor has said that the remains could be a "lanky male". What about him? I don't think Jimmy Hoffa was very lanky, so we can't include him.

From the reports of those involved in the scan this is what was believed to have been found, and the condition that they are in:

"According to Mr. Gray's instrument, the women are placed 'side by side.' Of course, we won't know which one is further 'west' until they are recovered. I'm betting it's Stacy."

"In the basement parking garage of the Hulston Cancer Center, below 2 foot of concrete. The scan indicated the women are placed shoulder to shoulder."

"Solomon" had indicated the women were buried under about two feet of concrete and were lying side by side."

But now they are just a bag of bones? Can you see why some people might have a problem with credibility here?

Hurricane,

You bring up some valid points. My understanding is that the parking garage was built beginning in September of 1993, about 15 months after the women disappeared. If the women were murdered in June of 1992; then after 15 months, the only remains that would be left would be bones. These could have been transported from another location to be buried at the parking garage. If someone wanted to bury a couple of burlap bags of bones; it could have easily been done. They easily fit underneath rebar. Bodies are heavy and difficult to bury; bones are not.

Personally, I believe the remains under the parking garage belong to the Springfield Three. However, there are others that believe the remains belong to someone else. The Oklahoma Three have been brought up several times. The SPD won't talk to the family of the Oklahoma Three despite several inquiries by a key family member.

The remains at the parking garage were originally discovered by Tim Gray using a prototype technology. Tim works as a subcontractor for the EPA. We were skeptical about Tim's findings; so we brought in Rick Norland and videotaped the GPR scan. Rick wasn't told anything about what he was looking for. He had no knowledge of the three missing women case. He did the scan on his own dime and we asked him to describe what he saw. His results supports Tim's findings. In fact, in the GPR video, Tim's markings in red carpenters crayon are inside of Rick Norland's scan.

If the SPD were to do a core sample and find the three missing women at the Parking Garage; Tim Gray will have some explaining to do. He will have to explain to the authorities how he found them with his prototype technology. Exactly how Tim Gray found the anomaly at the parking garage is the $64,000 question. Tim has told me on several occasions: "Ken, I can't tell you how it works. I can just tell you that it does."

Tim is familiar with my vision with Stacy McCall. In fact, he knew about it before he found the anomaly at the parking garage. In a twist of irony, Tim has told me on several occasions that he doesn't believe in "psychic stuff." I met Tim Gray in person at the Hazel Park, Michigan race track just a short distance from the finish line on July 15th, 2006. His girlfriend races horses and her entry "Racy Betty" was racing that day. He told me that several hours after arriving in Springfield; he was "standing on top of their graves."

Tim said that he discovered the anomaly around 12:30 AM on April 18th, 2006 using a technology based on Micro Impulse Radar. He found them just several hours after arriving in Springfield. Tim works as a subcontractor for the Environmental Protection Agency. He told me that his instrument detected the presence of Mecury underneath the concrete. Mercury is a component of teeth fillings. His instrument works on the premise that everything resonates a certain frequencies. His instrument can detect resonating frequencies of various materials and can determine the distance and depth at which they are buried or located. Of course, how his instrument does this is a mystery.

My pen pal Robert Cox had written me some time ago inquiring where the parking garage was located. So, a couple of months ago, I wrote back and told him that it's located on Bradford Parkway. I also mentioned that it's an eerie coincidence that his brother's name is Brad. I have yet to hear back from him.

Liz,

Thanks for posting the timeline. I found it helpful--it reminded me about things I read when I first became interested in the case that I have since forgotten.

The way it is written raises some questions. For example, under August 26-27, 1994, the timeline states: "He had escaped from prison and, most recently, was arrested for raping and sodomizing a woman in Springfield after breaking into her home." "Most recently" in reference to the grand jury dates, or the date of the timeline story (October 4, 2007)? Or both, I guess? There are other little odd moments like that. But it is a great summary of the big events and a place to start.

This could just be the English teacher in me seeing more than one possible meaning...

Hurricane,

You bring up some valid points. My understanding is that the parking garage was built beginning in September of 1993, about 15 months after the women disappeared. If the women were murdered in June of 1992; then after 15 months, the only remains that would be left would be bones. These could have been transported from another location to be buried at the parking garage. If someone wanted to bury a couple of burlap bags of bones; it could have easily been done. They easily fit underneath rebar. Bodies are heavy and difficult to bury; bones are not.

Tim said that he discovered the anomaly around 12:30 AM on April 18th, 2006 using a technology based on Micro Impulse Radar. He found them just several hours after arriving in Springfield. Tim works as a subcontractor for the Environmental Protection Agency. He told me that his instrument detected the presence of Mecury underneath the concrete. Mercury is a component of teeth fillings. His instrument works on the premise that everything resonates a certain frequencies. His instrument can detect resonating frequencies of various materials and can determine the distance and depth at which they are buried or located. Of course, how his instrument does this is a mystery.

Getting back to the basics of my post, let me condense this down to just a couple of questions for you to answer:

*How can Stacy McCall not be one of the bodies there when she gave you explicit detail as to her whereabouts?

*How can the remains now be just a "bag of bones"?

The reports made by those of you involved in the scans have them laying "shoulder to shoulder" and "side by side" with one of them slightly separated from the other two. One of the reports on the scans said that they still wore their jewelry. And one of the reports told about seeing their teeth and ovaries. You all must have some pictures from the scan that are much better than the ones that have been posted!

I'm not a dentist but I believe that the use of mercury dental fillings stopped long before Suzie & Stacy would have ever been to a dentist in their lifetime. Perhaps Sherrill had some old fillings which had never been replaced. But those would have to have been some pretty old fillings. Most old mercury based fillings have been replaced by now because they break. See how many people you can find today in their 50's or older, who still have these mercury based fillings that have not been replaced.

In order to do this last minute burial before the concrete pour it would be necessary to cut away and get underneath all of the wire mesh that would have been wire tied to the rebar. All of this would have been on top of the dirt which was compacted and leveled. Any disturbance to either the dirt or the wire mesh would have been easily noticeable.

My vote says that what you are seeing is just some old decaying tree limbs. Nothing more.

Liz,

Thanks for posting the timeline. I found it helpful--it reminded me about things I read when I first became interested in the case that I have since forgotten.

The way it is written raises some questions. For example, under August 26-27, 1994, the timeline states: "He had escaped from prison and, most recently, was arrested for raping and sodomizing a woman in Springfield after breaking into her home." "Most recently" in reference to the grand jury dates, or the date of the timeline story (October 4, 2007)? Or both, I guess? There are other little odd moments like that. But it is a great summary of the big events and a place to start.

This could just be the English teacher in me seeing more than one possible meaning...

pittsburghgirl --

The original 1994 article documents the arrest at that time.

Thanks. I am hoping for a green light this next week but this gas bubble in my eye has to go away before that can happen. I am not ignoring your interests. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member