IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the city website and tried to find the pick-up day for trash for the address of Smallwood but it is not listed on there; tried a few more addresses in that area, not listed. Maybe it is handled by a private company?

When I was at IU, I would often times go out to the bars, Sports being my fave, and not talk to my boyfriend until after the bars closed. I would usually end up crashing at his place, just showing up on his doorstep. Sometimes, I wouldnt talk to him at all after going out (til the next day). They weren't married. So, I could believe they both planned separate nights.

I completely agree... I have a similar relationship with my boyfriend and we are both in college.

I do believe boyfriend is on the list of POI's Why then if he sat at home and was not around that night?

@ncbuckeyecb @sherryannhartman

Do either one of you attend IU now or know any of the friends or boyfriend,Just curious

Inspector, I do not attend IU or personally know Lauren/her friends. Although I am friends with someone who goes to IU and does know her, albeit not as a close friend.

Also, if someone is a POI it doesn't necessarily mean that they are a potential suspect, does it? I thought that it includes people they are suspicious of, people they can not yet clear (lack of alibi), and also material witnesses. Thus, the boyfriend could just be a witness POI. Also, he might not have a good alibi since he was alone and can not be completely clear. Then again, he could definitely be a potential suspect that the police are still looking at for her disappearance.

According to Wikipedia (lol), a person of interest: While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.

Kind of a gray area when that term is used?

@ncbuckeyecb

What does LS friend or you think happened to her that night?

My personal theory at first was a random abduction. Now as more information has come out (possible drug usage/possible jealous boyfriend) I've changed my tune a bit.

Theory 1: LS went to JR's after dropping of CR since she wanted to "party" more. Assuming this meant to do drugs, maybe she and JR did cocaine/took pills/whatever and she OD'd (due to the drugs or her heart condition??). JR freaked out and disposed of her body. Maybe even had one of his friends help him. Maybe that's why there is a call to DR on his phone? To try to get help?

Theory 2: LS and CR go back to Smallwood. Have an altercation with JW's friends. LS and CR now go to CR's apartment...she probably felt responsible for him getting punched and thought she owed it to him to take care of him. JW's friends text/call JW and tell him they saw LS and CR kissing/hugging/something that would make them suspect they were being overly friendly. JW gets super angry...calls and texts her to try to get a hold of her. When he can't he decides he's going to go find her. Maybe he knows where CR lives (since he knows JR). Waits for LS to come out of the apartment and make her way back to Smallwood and then attacks her.

Obviously, I'm purely speculating...but those are the two scenarios that seem the most likely to some degree.

Does anyone know how far away JW lives from Smallwood? Walking distance or would he HAVE to drive?

I looked at the city website and tried to find the pick-up day for trash for the address of Smallwood but it is not listed on there; tried a few more addresses in that area, not listed. Maybe it is handled by a private company?

The city does not pick up Smallwood's trash.
Smallwood has trash shoots on each floor. Tenants put their trash in, and it goes down the shoot to the dumpsters in the lower parking garage. I don't know that they are easily accessible to tenants otherwise. If they are, there are cameras all over the building, including the parking garage.

I believe I saw it being picked up on Monday, while eating outdoors at Bub's burgers. Could be wrong on the day though. Don't remember the company that does it.

I have the new pics. It'll take awhile to get them onto the pc, upload, link and label them.
But first my wife insists I eat before the BBQ ribs she grilled get cold, and my son just walked in with Duke Nukem, (been waiting 12 years for that).

Inspector, I do not attend IU or personally know Lauren/her friends. Although I am friends with someone who goes to IU and does know her, albeit not as a close friend.

Also, if someone is a POI it doesn't necessarily mean that they are a potential suspect, does it? I thought that it includes people they are suspicious of, people they can not yet clear (lack of alibi), and also material witnesses. Thus, the boyfriend could just be a witness POI. Also, he might not have a good alibi since he was alone and can not be completely clear. Then again, he could definitely be a potential suspect that the police are still looking at for her disappearance.

According to Wikipedia (lol), a person of interest: While terms such as suspect, target, and material witness have clear and sometimes formal definitions, person of interest remains undefined by the U.S. Department of Justice.

Kind of a gray area when that term is used?

I just find it unusual that he did not speak up at all, obtained a lawyer pretty quickly and although it was said he was asked for DNA, it was not said if he agreed to provide it. Mostly that he didn't speak up, stick by her family, etc. since everyone including her parents mentioned how close and how in love they are.

The city does not pick up Smallwood's trash.
Smallwood has trash shoots on each floor. Tenants put their trash in, and it goes down the shoot to the dumpsters in the lower parking garage. I don't know that they are easily accessible to tenants otherwise. If they are, there are cameras all over the building, including the parking garage.

I believe I saw it being picked up on Monday, while eating outdoors at Bub's burgers. Could be wrong on the day though. Don't remember the company that does it.

I have the new pics. It'll take awhile to get them onto the pc, upload, link and label them.
But first my wife insists I eat before the BBQ ribs she grilled get cold, and my son just walked in with Duke Nukem, (been waiting 12 years for that).

You have been so helpful and enjoy your ribs.Thanks for all you've done

Does anyone know how far away JW lives from Smallwood? Walking distance or would he HAVE to drive?

Anyone know the answer,it is a very good question

Thanks for the correction guys.. I guess with Tamir being the one to give all of these intricate details of that nights events I assumed that she was present. She certainly tells the detail by detail by detail of the story of the nights events with amazing detail especially to now see that she was not even present to witness ANY OF WHICH SHE IS REPORTING THESE SPECIFIC DETAILS OF.. weird and more weird..

Again her words do not add up..she says that she spent that night with Spierer til 1230am(this she says in both Accts).. Tho now she says that Spierer, Rohn went to Rosenbaums to watch the game.. How so if Tadir was with her friend in both Accts til 12:30am.. I know that the game did not begin at after 12:30am as would have to be th case with how Tadir is reaccounting the nights events..

This just further supports my thoughts that I actually cannot believe a word that is said from them. It is contradictory and filled with holes and inconsistencies when compared with their very own words.

Very very sad for Laurens poor family who are depending on these friends to be telling the truth so that they can find their daughter. Not further confusing the entire situation with lies, half truths, or self serving cover ups..really sad..

According to frat brother interviewed yesterday JW lives 10 blocks away from Smallwood with roomates that could not even be confirmed if all the roomates had spoken with police.. The link is in last nights thread..

I keep going back to this map for reference, so I thought I should bring it over again.

aahggg.jpg

:goodpost: Thank you for the great map!

Thanks for the correction guys.. I guess with Tamir being the one to give all of these intricate details of that nights events I assumed that she was present. She certainly tells the detail by detail by detail of the story of the nights events with amazing detail especially to now see that she was not even present to witness ANY OF WHICH SHE IS REPORTING THESE SPECIFIC DETAILS OF.. weird and more weird..

Again her words do not add up..she says that she spent that night with Spierer til 1230am(this she says in both Accts).. Tho now she says that Spierer, Rohn went to Rosenbaums to watch the game.. How so if Tadir was with her friend in both Accts til 12:30am.. I know that the game did not begin at after 12:30am as would have to be th case with how Tadir is reaccounting the nights events..

This just further supports my thoughts that I actually cannot believe a word that is said from them. It is contradictory and filled with holes and inconsistencies when compared with their very own words.

Very very sad for Laurens poor family who are depending on these friends to be telling the truth so that they can find their daughter. Not further confusing the entire situation with lies, half truths, or self serving cover ups..really sad..

I've been saying all along that I think the girl roommate has been lying or not very forthcoming.
For me, the red flag was when she spoke all lovey-dovey about LS and JW's relationship, despite the evidence pointing to LS seeking out the company of another male that night,
and JW's friends attacking him.

A friend/roommate would know of relationship problems like that.

<modsnip>.

According to frat brother interviewed yesterday JW lives 10 blocks away from Smallwood with roomates that could not even be confirmed if all the roomates had spoken with police.. The link is in last nights thread..

Thanks for the answer!

Hmmm so that's probably a 20-30 minute walk? Probably more likely to drive over to that area if he did indeed go to Smallwood that night. Does anyone know the parking situation in the area? Here at Ohio State most parking areas require paid passes or you must pay to park at a meter. However, most parking near campus/residential areas for students is free at night.

Just wondering if someone would be able to easily park and wait for her to walk by?

I've been saying all along that I think the girl roommate has been lying or not very forthcoming.
For me, the red flag was when she spoke all lovey-dovey about LS and JW's relationship, despite the evidence pointing to LS seeking out the company of another male that night,
and JW's friends attacking him.

A friend/roommate would know of relationship problems like that.

I wonder if Tamir and Jesse have ever fooled around with each other.

I can understand why you may think HT is not being forthcoming...but I think it's more being NAIVE. Those nice boys would never doing anything to hurt LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288