TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay are we to take this as fact that she got as far as the motel? What was the name of that place, I want to look at it on Google Earth.

I don't know whether to take it as fact or not....would need more information in my opinion....like video surveillance (sp) that would be helpful.

My first (gut) feeling was that Hailey didn't make it to dad's or her friends, maybe not even out of her own house. However, the more I learn the more little odd things pop up in several areas (imo). Now, I am curious about dad and step-mom and would like to hear more details regarding them. What do we know? I found it just a little odd that on the video posted below (where it was stated he was "too emotional" to go on camera) that he had his hood up and his back to the camera, so you couldn't even see his face. I am not saying this means anything in regards to involvement-there have been a few other cases this year where the parents didn't initially go on camera or make pleas. Though I personally never understand any parents of a missing child not speaking out. One never knows how they are going to react when their child goes missing, but I feel confident that it'd be screaming for anyone with a camera to put my child's picture up with a plea from me to bring him/her home! Also, I'd probably also be sending a message to him/her that I am looking and tell him/her to get to a phone if he/she can, etc....

I am also curious about the posts earlier that the step-mom was not sure if she saw Hailey the day she went missing too. I've been looking through some of the articles (admit that I haven't read them all and haven't made it through the first full thread yet), but has step-mom or dad spoken out about not being sure when they last saw her? Or has anyone read or heard anything from dad or step-mom in interviews or articles or spoken out personally at all?

BBM
All ive seen is GF isnt sure if she saw her that day or not. They have been very quiet...Must take into count that until today there has literally been no media attention. JMO

Nevermind. Got I touch and I phones confused and GPS vs no GPS.

O/T and final comment on iPod touch - Both have capability - just need to download "find my iPhone" app on any "I-device" and set it up with new operating system's free mobile me account and ta-da, gps. Found sons touch the other day in couch cushion - sent a message to it and it made a large alarm so we could find it. (works even if devices sound is off)

I don't think it is a fact about the motel, only that we were told the bloodhounds "said" so, but if she walked that route all the time ,would that interfere?

It is NOT fact that Hailey went to the hotel that day.

You are very correct. If Hailey ever walked that route....to that hotel....then there's a possiblity that the dogs could pick up on it....especially if she did so recently.
I think she likely walked a bit....between dads, moms, friends....and maybe even the hotel for wifi service. I think the hotel lead is false, IMHO. I think the dogs picked up her scent...just not necessarily for that date.

...(snipped)... Or has anyone read or heard anything from dad or step-mom in interviews or articles or spoken out personally at all?

Dad was with mom in a previous video. He didn't say anything, but he looked heartbroken, tired, and 'in shock' to me. I personally don't feel that he had any involvement in this at all.

ETA: Here's the link: http://www.ktxs.com/news/26345660/detail.html

Nancy is going to suspect the boyfrined... I am betting it.

Arrrrggghh...why can't he just take a freaking poly and get this over with??? It is so simple. He is the tall pole in the tent right now and LE needs to give him a poly, so we can all go forward. I got chills when I saw the amount of SO in the area, but let's clear the BF first.

Whats up with the bf not talking?

Been thinking that for a few days now :waitasec:------ he was the last person to see Hailey. He was the one who said she was going to spend the night at a friend's after going to see her Dad ------ Seems like this person would/should be up front and in center as far as media info output goes?

I was under the impression he was going to be on NG with Mom for the interview??

That's her dad?? I thought it was the boyfriend. hmmm....

No, czgtz said it was the dad...

ETA: Here's her post about it: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5960243&postcount=345"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1[/ame]

just about anything on the internet is traceable, especially if she accessed apps through it

you are though only allowed 5 authenticated ip addies to sync your account to

the location services is often turned off though as it does use battery power

i guess it would boil down to how familiar she was with the ipod and how extensively she was using it

bbm
Thanks for info about the video. The link that you stated was below didn't make the trip onto WS. Could you please tell where to find it. Many thanks. :)

Oops! Copied it and then got so caught up in my thoughts I forgot to post it!
It's the same video with mom and boyfriend on it posted earlier. Dad can be found in the black coat around 1:55 on the video. I assume that is step-mom beside him with the child, but no confirmation on that. The child seems much older (if I remember correctly) than a new "baby" mention previously, but maybe they had other children too or maybe it's a relative with a child. Either way...here it is:

http://www.ktxs.com/video/26358113/index.html

Is the AT&T network free or paid? For Nooks it's free, but Mc Donalds is the only place that has it here. I literally have to be at least in their parking lot. I mean this would explain the motel hit if they use AT&T. Is there a McDonalds by the hotel?

Still trying to catch up, my son has an Ipod and as soon as I get closer into town driving he picks up any and all WiFi in the area on his.
I also know that if someone has WiFi at their home with no block he can pick that up to.

He is always stoked because we live in the boonies according to him :) We do not have WiFi so he doesnt get to use that part of it much...

I do think with the Texas Rangers there, progress will made, at least in the way of polygrpahs or eliminating people. It's possible the local LE does not have a polygrapher, or has to request one to come in from elsewhere. But they should have all the resources they need now, or soon. ('Course we know how much that helped in Portland, so far. :( )

It was my understanding that dad was in the black coat and boyfriend Shawn Atkins (Sp?). was sitting with mom on the couch. At least, the pictures that were posted earlier of the boyfriend was the same guy (Shawn) that was sitting with mom on the couch. Dad's name is Clint, according to mom. I haven't seen a picture of him yet, as he had the hood up on his black coat and his back to the camera on the video. Does anyone have a pic of dad or a link to one in an article or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23