Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to post this fax I found the JB sent about his displeasure of the release off all these audio and documents. I had to laugh at the first sentence. He calls himself a "Veteran Lawyer"

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/0926/17567359.pdf

I don't know about "veteran," but I hope he does not get any STD's while he is defending this piece of work.

Movie deals, and media exposure for Baez and the family of Casey. Does Jose really think if he wins this case that he will have the respect of the public ? Not on your life IMO !
The public will never respect Jose in any manner. His defense of Casey has to be, but is revolting IMO ! IMO she is as guilty as sin from all of the circumstancial evidence we have read and heard.

He is defending an alleged child murder, and the only respect he will gain is from those in organized crime. I feel he is a first class sleeze, SCUM !

Just wanted to post this fax I found the JB sent about his displeasure of the release off all these audio and documents. I had to laugh at the first sentence. He calls himself a "Veteran Lawyer"

It made me laugh as well. The ENTIRE press release made me laugh. Of course they are not going to release DNA or Chloroform reports. They are saving that for a GJ.

"The Baez law firm is, nevertheless, examining each line for accuracy." How are they going to verify the accuracy? According to what his client tells him? :floorlaugh:

Good old Jose should try to get a partnership with the Law Firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. This guy is so stuck on himslf (and KC) that he is sickening to both see and hear. When this case goes to trial.. the prosicution is gonna make a MONKEY out of the self proclaimed "Veteran Lawyer"

He almost comes right out and says the taped interviews and written documents might have been altered.
Then he goes on to speak of his deep respect for LE.
Sounds like Casey has found a soul mate.

But he has made no response to the news that was released yesterday about there being iron clad proof that would be released shortly showing that not only was Cylee in the trunk of that car but what position she was in while in the trunk??? Come on Jose speak to us!!

He almost comes right out and says the taped interviews and written documents might have been altered.
Then he goes on to speak of his deep respect for LE.
Sounds like Casey has found a soul mate.

Yep... y'all know the old saying "If you can't dazzle with brilliance..... you baffle with bull "

I don't know about "veteran," but I hope he does not get any STD's while he is defending this piece of work.

Movie deals, and media exposure for Baez and the family of Casey. Does Jose really think if he wins this case that he will have the respect of the public ? Not on your life IMO !
The public will never respect Jose in any manner. His defense of Casey has to be, but is revolting IMO ! IMO she is as guilty as sin from all of the circumstancial evidence we have read and heard.

He is defending an alleged child murder, and the only respect he will gain is from those in organized crime. I feel he is a first class sleeze, SCUM !

And, I am of the belief, he knows exactly where Caylee's little body is laying to further decompose. I despise KC, but Baez makes my skin crawl.

So does Nejames, another stellar individual, NOT.

I don't think he's court appointed.

I believe Casey chose him.

He's probably representing Casey pro bono, for the massive publicity this case is getting.

I can't help but think there is something totally unethical going on for 6 hours a day every day at his office. He could not possibly have any other clients given the amount of time he is spending with Casey.

I don't think he is a very good attorney. I am not an attorney and I know you can't file a motion to test evdience on charges that have not been filed. If he were good, he wouldn't be in a storefront in Kissimmee - he'd be in an office building near the courthouse. jmo

Has he allowed LE access to his client yet? This is what I personally care about....this man was chosen because he pled a mother who murdered her child down to manslaughter. This makes him a good choice for this case IMO.
I could do that and I am not even a lawyer. People just dont' want to believe that a mother can murder her own child.

It's my understanding that Casey has never been in general population ......right ??? So how could she have gotten JB number from a fellow inmate ??
Before actually going into a jail cell, you are held in a holding tank - usually with other people. Booking takes quite a while.

I think its terrible that the man who murdered the childl only got 15 years. He should never see the light of day out of jail. So perhaps Baez did a better job than we think to get such a light sentence. Can you imagine an innocent child who gets their head bashed in by their father is a crime only punishable by 15 years in prison?

Still it is the ATTORNEYs responsibility to be there for his client in court. And he clearly waws not. SHAME ON HIM

Please forgive me if this has been posted previously regarding JB.

On his website he says that he started working in the public defenders office in Miami in 1995. The office said he wasn't hired until 1997.

JB explanation is that he started interning there (during the summers) in 1995. He interned with attorneys. He was allowed to try cases with a "real" attorney before passing the bar. So, the cases that were won while he interned is included in his statistics appearing on his web page.

He passed the bar 8 years after graduating law school.

He should only include the cases he has won when he sat first chair. Talk about spin!!!!!!!!!

JMO

BeagleMom

EDight years after graduating law school? He must be pretty stupid cuz I have a relative (average intelligence) who passed the Florida Bar the first time. When I heard that, I lost a lot of respect for attorenys in Florida.

I agree. The site appears to be very misleading re how long he has been admitted to practise. IMOO
A lawyer can lawyer for a client but they cannot appear in court for a client until they pass the bar. They usually work UNDER an attorney who has passed the bar. Baez could have been a file clerk for all we know. Since he, like his client, can't tell anything honestly.

I recently just found out that his last defendant (the child murder case) worked with me. I worked with him when it all went down and when he was convicted. I remember people talking about the trial when it was going on. The only opinion I have about him (the defendant) is that he was a hard worker, but was a little smug. Most people at my company loved this guy though and went to his trial everyday. Most people around here thought he would be found innocent and everyone was shocked when he was found guilty. They all said his lawyer was not very good.
Now that he is KC's attorney too, I hear coworkers of mine talking about how bad of a lawyer he was and how in the world did he get involved with this case.
This leads me to ask, what is the back story on Jose Baez? How long has he been an attorney and how many cases has he tried and what is his success rate?

When comtemplating a defense attorney's success rate, be aware that they consider getting someone off on a lesser offense is a win. Their success rate has nothing to do with gettting a not guilty plea.

Mark Geragos still considers the trial with Cameron Brown a win - it was a mistrial (he jury said guilty,but couldn't agree on the degree of guilt) and he will simply be retried because the jury was hung. If I were Cameron Brown, I wouldn't consider that a "win" or even a "success"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member