Was Josh Seen Buying A LARGE Amount of Shrink Wrap?

Hi all..Tricia, interesting little tidbit of info there, TY! Just wanted to say that my Dad always kept a hug roll of this in our garage. As someone else said, he used it winterize our windows.. also used it on the floor if he was painting. Dang sure would keep most liquids contained and mess to a minimum. I wonder if they found the roll and if so, HAD it been used?

My dear dad always called this stuff 'polyurethane'' and the roll was about 6 ft. long, prolly about as big around as a utility pole. (sorry that's the only ex. I could think of) I have NO idea how many yards were on it..TONS though. Although my dad always had it, I only remember him purchasing 2 rolls in 30 yrs. or so. The roll is hollow in the middle (kind of like wrapping paper) and he had it hanging in the garage for easy use...Anyway hope that helps describe this stuff!

Thread 6 was locked and I do not see a thread 7. Will there be no more general discussion threads? TIA

Can't get to your link, grayjay. What search engine did you use?

About the shrink wrap.........it would certainly contain leakage and smell issues, IMO. Sorry to be so graphic. Could Josh have wrapped Susan in this and had her in the van when he left at midnight with the boys? Could the shrink wrap be why there was no scent for the dogs in the van?

LE probably got a subpoena for bank and credit card records along with the phone records. They know exactly what Josh has bought with credit cards, so if he bought a torch the Monday morning he'd told LE he was camping, they know exactly where it was bought and what time. Thanks for posting that KSL comment, grayjay. Interesting tidbit, and we will see at some point if it is true.

Man! I am past ready for an arrest and justice for Susan!

Thoughts and prayers for Susan's boys and the Cox family.

I typed "shrink wrap flammable generator cremation" (no quotes) into the search engine and the first item is a powerpoint that is extremely disturbing. Think mass fatality management. The document is http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/hsr3/Meetings/2004/041110/mfm1.ppt

:eek:

WOW grayjay. Thanks for thinking of this.

Everyone when you click on the link grayjay provided it might take a bit to load so just be patient. It is interesting reading.

I cannot get to the link because I get a windows message that I need 'powerpoint' software to open the link.

Can't get to your link, grayjay. What search engine did you use?
Sorry about that, La-- I used google and the file is a direct link to a powerpoint presentation. I didn't backtrack it, since it looked like the link is just on its own.

I cannot get to the link because I get a windows message that I need 'powerpoint' software to open the link.

I don't have it either, but there is a free alternative to Microsoft Office that lets you look at ppt presentations among other things. It's called OpenOffice.org

I don't have it either, but there is a free alternative to Microsoft Office that lets you look at ppt presentations among other things. It's called OpenOffice.org

Thank you, grayjay!

So......he bought the shrink wrap roll to winterize the house or use in the basement while remodeling (to avoid sheet rock and painting messes)? And he bought the blow torch because he was anticipating frozen pipes this winter? Is that how he explained it to LE?

(I highly doubt he bought the blow torch to make creme brulee the following Sunday. Grrr)

We use stretch wrap at work at work - and just looking at it, ya wouldn't know the difference between stretch & shrink wrap.

It's very strong--we can put, for example, monitors (heavy CRTs or LCDs) or computers on bread racks, then wrap it all around with the stretch wrap prior to shipping...doesn't require a heat gun....we also can wrap up hundreds of pounds of computers on pallets w/ it.

It's quick and easy to use....I know we buy it locally, just not sure where but I can find out if need be.

Stretch wrap is generally used to hold boxes on a pallet for transport. Stretch wrap is pulled around the load and stretched. The plastic has a memory and wants to return to its original size. This "elastic band effect" holds the load tight.

(bbm) Thanks Txmist... so a pallet or other rigid base is commonly used... like a body to a sled... sorry, now my imagination's working overtime.

So......he bought the shrink wrap roll to winterize the house or use in the basement while remodeling (to avoid sheet rock and painting messes)? And he bought the blow torch because he was anticipating frozen pipes this winter? Is that how he explained it to LE?

(I highly doubt he bought the blow torch to make creme brulee the following Sunday. Grrr)

Maybe he said it was for melting the marshmallows :rolleyes:

It's key to learn what size wrap (as pixie also mentioned I believe). It ranges from 10" (for small items) to 10' (for larger packaging) all the way to 40' (for boats, etc) so clearly it's use varies, depending upon width.

I agree this could go to premeditation (if wrap purchased for moving purposes beforehand) or have even more sinister implications.

And I can totally see this as the disposal method (and even weapon) of choice for an OCD germaphobic control freak. "Containment of bodily fluids, odors, and biohazardous materials.." Once again, the creep factor is over the top.

:parrot:

Wonderful that you brought the sled into this, Kiki. Is anyone besides me curious about the idea of cremation? Surely a blowtorch isn't needed to stretch the shrink wrap. I still don't get the role of the generator yet, either, although it's mentioned in that presentation, too.

I sure would love to see this information about the "shrink wrap" in the media! :crazy:

Wow! News to me. I found only one reference to this but to me it my ears are perked up and I'm wondering why this hasn't been discussed on WS. Or has it? in comments on KSL

This was reported to me by someone who lives in WVC area who spoke with the person JP bought the cutting torch from. This person who reported this to me is a reliable source and I would bet my house that JP did indeed buy the cutting torch. This was only learned about three weeks ago and has been reported to the police.

At first, the person who informed me of this told me in confidence but then later posted about it on a Facebook group discussion about JP's red hands.

Wow! News to me. I found only one reference to this but to me it my ears are perked up and I'm wondering why this hasn't been discussed on WS. Or has it? in comments on KSL

Law enforcement HAS been searching abandoned mines with the Tooele County Sheriff's Department and various mine employees for quite some time. They have been encountered by several people who have reported this fact and searchers who have wanted to search in the areas this group has been searching have been told to keep out!

I do NOT know why the media hasn't reported this fact unless they aren't able to verify that this is a fact or they have been specifically requested by law enforcement NOT to report on these efforts. But, since when does the media obey demands/requests made to them unless they are hit with a gag order?

My dear dad always called this stuff 'polyurethane'' and the roll was about 6 ft. long, prolly about as big around as a utility pole.

Lol! If JP bought a roll that HUGE, the person who saw him buy it surely wouldn't be mistaken as to what he was buying! Lol!

I typed "shrink wrap flammable generator cremation" (no quotes) into the search engine and the first item is a powerpoint that is extremely disturbing. Think mass fatality management. The document is http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/hsr3/Meetings/2004/041110/mfm1.ppt

:eek:

I don't have Powerpoint and I'm sure there are some others who don't either. Can you please paste in the information which would apply to this matter into a reply to your comment? Thank you!

Law enforcement HAS been searching abandoned mines with the Tooele County Sheriff's Department and various mine employees for quite some time. They have been encountered by several people who have reported this fact and searchers who have wanted to search in the areas this group has been searching have been told to keep out!

I do NOT know why the media hasn't reported this fact unless they aren't able to verify that this is a fact or they have been specifically requested by law enforcement NOT to report on these efforts. But, since when does the media obey demands/requests made to them unless they are hit with a gag order?

Oh, good. Nothing like the general public searching the abandoned mines, just on the safety issues. Thanks so much for the information. Now everything LE has been doing looks even more on target. I hate this waiting, but now at least I understand.

I don't have Powerpoint and I'm sure there are some others who don't either. Can you please paste in the information which would apply to this matter into a reply to your comment? Thank you!
I technically can't do that because of how it's presented and also it would be questionable in terms of fair use. It's also very upsetting and graphic. You need the software to read the content of this and the embedded images.

Big Dog Mom
2:12pm - Sun Jan 31st, 2010
I'm just hoping she isn't down a mine shaft.

Marc H.
2:20pm - Sun Jan 31st, 2010
@Big Dog Mom - Funny you should mention mine shaft. Susan dissapeared shortly after the nutty putty situation. An aquaintance of mine works at air gas in SLC. Josh purchased a cutting torch on his credit card on the Monday morning he said he was camping. The police have a copy of the receipt and can prove he lied about the camping trip. Josh's friend made note to the media that Josh had wind burned hands on Tuesday. That was not wind burn but torch burn from the cutting torch. Should someone be looking in old sealed off mine shafts for Susan? The cutting torch would have been needed to access the sealed shafts. Josh could be pretty sure these sealed off shafts would not be checked. Ever.

lostinwyoming
5:39pm - Sun Jan 31st, 2010
@Marc H. - meth users use cutting torches to smoke rocks and often have burns on there hands or fingers from holding the pipe.

I do agree it would be a good idea to send an officer or two out to the mines with a cadaver dog.

PickieChickie's reply:
Acetylene canisters vary in size and style as do the attachments. Some have the "torch" attached directly to the canister and can be held in one's hand, (the type meth and crack smokers use), while others are very large and have hoses that attach to them.

We don't know exactly what size or style of cutting torch JP bought. But, reading the comment above leads me to believe it was the hand held style. Here are some images of acetylene torches: http://images.google.com/images?hl=...ch&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g-m1

We also must consider the possibility that JP was using the torch to smoke drugs, although it would seem that those new cigarette lighters that have a torch like flame and "hiss" would suffice. So, it doesn't seem that this would be the reason for buying a torch.

Also, I've not heard it mentioned that he could have purchased the torch to cut off a lock on a US Bureau of Land Management, United States Forest Service or other gate to access an area that was currently barred to the public! If it was discovered a lock had been cut to open a gate, this could explain why law enforcement has apparently confined their searches to a particular area!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back