Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I also heard about a female student at Auburn University in Alabama being shot off campus.

That is right - now another one in NC.
What is going on?

They are talking about a possible link...?

Now I better understand the DNA and panties mix up.

Interesting that the one pair of panties contained the DNA of 3 people.

There were two pairs of underwear found at the site where Brianna's body was found. There was the pink panther underwear that contained the DNA of an unknown woman and unknown man. The second set of underwear was intertwined with the pink panther underwear and contained the DNA of Brianna, one of the girls who lived at the house where Brianna was abducted from, and the suspect!

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/16341236.html

Thanks, 10ECDad. Now I understand why RPD handled the mix-up about the DNA the way they did.

Yes, not their best moment, but I understand it a little better. I see no reason why he would leave the PP Thong too.

Geeeeez.....the Reno LE is sooooo dramatic! Thats it? Two pair of underwear at the scene. We couldn't know that TUESDAY?????

The fact the underwear were "Intertwined" makes it seem like it was used to strangle Brianna.

So basically.....we are no further along then we have been.

Geeeeez.....the Reno LE is sooooo dramatic! Thats it? Two pair of underwear at the scene. We couldn't know that TUESDAY?????

The fact the underwear were "Intertwined" makes it seem like it was used to strangle Brianna.

But how in the heck did the killer and Brianna's DNA wind up on underwear belonging to a MacKay court resident? Did K.T. lend her underwear????? I am so confused. Somebody propose what happened for me. If he took the time to take underwear from that house, than he was in there for a longer time than we think.

I imagine there was a lot of discussion with the DA about releasing this information.

This confuses me:

Reno Police Detective Commander Leigha Struffert said laboratory analysis has confirmed the pink women's underwear contain the DNA of the murder suspect, Brianna Denison and the owner of the underwear who was a resident of the Mackay Court residence from which Denison was abducted on January 20.

So the pink undies had Brianna's DNA, and the suspect's DNA, plus the DNA of the owner who was someone who lived at the house Brianna was taken from?? I'm confused about this - would Brianna borrow undies (that seems unlikely) or did the perp take some dirty ones from the house?? The logistics of that seem unlikely in the sense that I've always thought it was a quick abduction. This case keeps getting more and more bizarre.

But how in the heck did the killer and Brianna's DNA wind up on underwear belonging to a MacKay court resident? Did K.T. lend her underwear????? I am so confused. Somebody propose what happened for me. If he took the time to take underwear from that house, than he was in there for a longer time than we think.

I am thinking about that also. Initially, I think she must have borrowed the underwear.

I am thinking about that also. Initially, I think she must have borrowed the underwear.

This is possible, don't get me wrong, but as a general rule, girls don't borrow underwear. It's icky. I wouldn't even loan my sister underwear even if they were clean and had only been worn once.

Struffert says the evidence found in the field where Denison's body was discovered last month is critical to the investigation. Police believe both pairs may have been taken from the home where Denison last was seen when she was abducted Jan. 20 on the edge of the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

This is very curious to me. If the women were locked into the bedroom asleep...obviously, that leaves the other female and two male roomates' rooms empty...but I rather thought they were locked, too. I don't see the girls leaving their worn underwear laying around in the common area, but I guess they could have a laundry room or similar near the kitchen where a laundry basket could have been.

They must have already inquired with the roomates as to the origin of the PP thong? If someone in that home owned the PP thong, they would know. If one of the males' had a possible lover that owned/left them, they would know.

Also, incorrectly...They stated that:
RENO, Nev. (AP) - Reno police say a second pair of women's panties found with Brianna Denison's body had DNA belonging to her, a woman who lived with her and the serial rapist they believe strangled the 19-year-old college student.

It is common knowledge that Brianna did not live there. This indicates the new pair they are talking about has their DNA on it...but not the PP thong.

Being intertwined, it does sound more like he used them to strangle her.

Well this guy tried to break in near Brianna's house, so it wouldn't be a reach to think he had stolen the pink underwear at some point earlier because there were alot of people coming and going.

Struffert says the evidence found in the field where Denison's body was discovered last month is critical to the investigation. Police believe both pairs may have been taken from the home where Denison last was seen when she was abducted Jan. 20 on the edge of the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

This is very curious to me. If the women were locked into the bedroom asleep...obviously, that leaves the other female and two male roomates' rooms empty...but I rather thought they were locked, too. I don't see the girls leaving their worn underwear laying around in the common area, but I guess they could have a laundry room or similar near the kitchen where a laundry basket could have been.

I didn't see that before. If the PP thong came from that apartment, whose DNA is on there?

I'm with you - this sounds too complicated/time consuming to me. But maybe the perp has an underwear fetish. I would think they would have had to come from a laundry room or some dirty clothes area rather than from KT's room and I doubt they were just hanging out on the living room floor. I thought there were 2 girls and 2 guys living on in the house and the other girl was also out of town that weekend (I could be dreaming, it's been a while ago I read that) - maybe they came from the other girls bedroom??

Well this guy tried to break in near Brianna's house, so it wouldn't be a reach to think he had stolen the pink underwear at some point earlier because there were alot of people coming and going.

I would think that KT or whoever owned the underwear would have known how recently she had them. If she'd been missing them only since the night of Jan 20th, then he probably took them at the same time he took Brianna.

I'm with you - this sounds too complicated/time consuming to me. But maybe the perp has an underwear fetish. I would think they would have had to come from a laundry room or some dirty clothes area rather than from KT's room and I doubt they were just hanging out on the living room floor. I thought there were 2 girls and 2 guys living on in the house and the other girl was also out of town that weekend (I could be dreaming, it's been a while ago I read that) - maybe they came from the other girls bedroom??

Remember that the DNA on the thong were from an unknown male and unknown female.

She could have. It's not out of the question. Maybe her time of the month came early or something and she needed a new pair. But it seems strange. And it also seems strange that any of the roommates would have underwear lying around in the "common area." I don't know if there is a laundry room where he could have grabbed them from. Or, more frighteningly, maybe this perp knows KT or one of her other roommates....maybe he was intimate with that person, and that's he has the underwear.

But why? Why did he take a pair of underwear obviously from that house and use the black thong? This is sounding more and more planned/taunting, whatever you want to call it. And it's also sounding more unbelievable that no one else in that house heard anything strange going on that early morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine