GUILTY TX - Sida Osman, 5, Fort Worth, 25 June 2013

Fort Worth homicide officers at scene where boy went missing

A crime scene van was at a vacant house at 4801 Lois Street Wednesday. Members of the Fort Worth homicide unit could be seen searching in a backyard of the vacant house.

Sida was always outside playing or riding his bicycle.

“He sometimes would go to a nearby church and pick apples,” the girl said.

Halimo Ibrahaim noted that she saw Sida Tuesday evening riding his bicycle.

“He was by himself when I saw him,” Ibrahaim said.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/26/4964896/authorities-searching-for-missing.html

BBM

There is a church that backs to the back yard of the vacant house. I wonder if this is the church. My sister in law lives in San Antonio and was telling me today that she brought in her apple crop yesterday.

I wonder if the apples at the church were picked over and Sida maybe saw some in a tree in the back yard and went into the back yard to pick some apples, climbed a tree and fell.

That poor sweet child! Fly with the angels, Sweet Baby!

People come to our country for a better life, and something terrible like this happens. It's heartbreaking. RIP, little one.

So very sad-he has such a sweet little face. Be at peace, little Sida.

Fort Worth homicide officers at scene where boy went missing

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/26/4964896/authorities-searching-for-missing.html

BBM

There is a church that backs to the back yard of the vacant house. I wonder if this is the church. My sister in law lives in San Antonio and was telling me today that she brought in her apple crop yesterday.

I wonder if the apples at the church were picked over and Sida maybe saw some in a tree in the back yard and went into the back yard to pick some apples, climbed a tree and fell.

That poor sweet child! Fly with the angels, Sweet Baby!

According to the above article the boy was riding his bicycle when he was last seen. I wonder if the bicycle was found with him or not.

Well, do they put up ' crime scene' tape to secure ANY scene or only a crime scene? That confused me . Also, on the live feed, they were removing items from a white van ( yes a WHITE van) parked on the side of the road and it was inside the crime scene taped off area. I'm speculating between the crime scene tape and white van that this is not an accidental passing :(
Thoughts ?

Very sad outcome. I was sure he was going to be found hiding somewhere & scared, but safe. Maybe when it got dark, he somehow got inside the van (if it's involved) because he was scared & then got too hot?

NBC channel 5 said that the LE will not say it is him, but the family KNOWS it is him and that his body was bruised and bloodied. I do not have a link because I saw it on tv but I'll link the tv channel it was on. The video may be available there.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Police-Look-For-Missing-5-Year-Old-213117501.html

It seems like there is a lot of conflicting info. coming out on the news. If there was a bike involved, maybe he was hit & the person panicked & put him in the backyard. Also, if he was found not that far from home, why was he not found sooner? I would think they would ask people to check backyards, but I guess the house was vacant, so that would make a difference there.

Very sad outcome. I was sure he was going to be found hiding somewhere & scared, but safe. Maybe when it got dark, he somehow got inside the van (if it's involved) because he was scared & then got too hot?

yes, but reported as "bruised and bloodied"...

ETA: not a quote from any media. Takeaway from news story on TV.

I honestly feel like there are just predators everywhere, just watching for one simple opportunity. Dang it, I am over emotional about this one too. I'm so freaking sick of this. Kids should be able to be kids. She left him outside, went to check on kids inside, came back out and he was gone. I mean honestly, who hasn't done that? I let our 13 yo pug out Friday morning, like I always do, she didn't come back, no biggie, she was usually out in backyard eating cat poop, had DD call her, nothing, look out again, and she's in the street and been hit. WTH. And that's the way I feel about this poor angel. WTH!!!

O/T - Is she ok? :(

This is very upsetting. I hope this darling little man didn't suffer.

I think the conflicting reports are simply due to a language barrier. As Sida did not speak English, I believe his family must not have spoken English around the home, so it's likely that their English is not the best.
I feel so terrible for his poor mother. Her little man was just playing outside having fun, and the next moment he's gone, only to be found like this. My thoughts are with her and all that were lucky enough to have him in their lives.

Waiting on more info...

It has been a few weeks since I was last on the forums and this is the first case I clicked on today. Tragic. I look at my sleeping son, also from an eastern African country, and my heart breaks for his family. If this was more than as accident, as the links watcher9 posted point to, I hope justice is quick. So overwhelmingly sad for Sida, his family and community.

From the first article: Carl Williams found the child. "It was sad," he said. "A little five-year-old, just laying there with his fists balled up like he had been fighting real hard… blood on his face, ears and mouth."

Oh my gosh! The poor little guy was so scared. How awful.

:rose: May you rest in peace brave little one. :rose:

From the first article: Carl Williams found the child. "It was sad," he said. "A little five-year-old, just laying there with his fists balled up like he had been fighting real hard… blood on his face, ears and mouth."

Oh my gosh! The poor little guy was so scared. How awful.

:rose: May you rest in peace brave little one. :rose:

Oh, that hurt me to read :(

I haven't heard a word of any possible suspect or any lead of any kind. I hope this story stays alive in the news but we've had a lot of other big news so somehow I fear little man will not be front page very long at all :(

I'm so MAD . The 10 oclock news is on and Sida is not the first story. Just a few hours later and the news cannot give him the time. Politics first, life and death after ! I hate media . Shame on you .

“He was told not to ride his bicycle because it was too hot,” Muday said. “He liked to ride his bicycle all the time. He was a bike boy.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/26/4964896/authorities-searching-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

So his mama was being cautious and aware of the weather and even though little ones don't have heat issues the way adults can she wanted him off that bike , trying to protect him from the Texas sun. This is so sad. Still not a word anywhere about what direction they are looking for a perp. :(

My heart breaks for his mom. I have a 3 and 4 year old and they are kids who love to be outside. I can't imagine something like this happening. She brought this precious boy to our country for a better life and this tragedy happens. I hope that whatever happened to little Sida and whoever did this to him, justice is served quickly.

I'm sorry if my above statement seems jumbled, I'm having a hard time forming words in relation to this poor baby.

Boy, 5, found slain after riding away from home

A woman delivering meals for a free-lunch program found Sida Osman, covered in blood, at 4801 Lois St., relatives said they were told.

“We believe that somebody hurt him,” said Ibrahim Muday, who said he is an uncle of the boy.

“He sometimes would go to a nearby church and pick apples,” the girl said. That church is adjacent to the vacant house where his body was found.

Mary Marshall lives next door to the Lois Street house where Sida was found. She said it has been vacant for six months.

“I didn’t hear a thing,” she said. “Oh, Lord, it’s terrible now that I know what happened in that back yard.”

Burglars have broken into the house several times, she said.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2013/Jun/30040/boy_5_found_slain_after_riding_away_from_home.aspx

I was not able to watch the any news since the noon news yesterday. I was expecting today to see a bunch more articles on Sida but nothing. I hope the police come out and say something today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back