Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Waldron said investigators went after Rafferty's Facebook page but were told it was disabled after Rafferty's arrest [via Twitter]

Who would have done that?

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Police tracked down #Rafferty's Facebook page through the CanCrime website, which had posted pics from his page #sl

Waldron testifies Facebook took down #Rafferty's profile after arrest and stored in their server, before police attempted to access it #sl

RaffertyLFP: Waldron said image of Rafferty's Facebook they obtained was actually a photo of a computer screen, -looked fuzzy [via Twitter]

CanCrime posted an image of a photo taken of #Rafferty's Facebook profile page. #sl

Strange. I didn't realize Facebook automatically takes down pages if one is arrested. hmmmm

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty's Facebook posting on April 8 2009 about 10 am was Everything good is coming my way [via Twitter]

Waldron says names redacted on the Facebook screen grab were not blocked by police but as image appeared on CanCrime website #sl

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty's Facebook posting on April 8 2009 about 10 am was Everything good is coming my way [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: There is a like symbol beside the posting but the source of the "like" is blanked out [via Twitter]

Strange. I didn't realize Facebook automatically takes down pages if one is arrested. hmmmm

I'm guessing that his facebook page got so many hits after his arrest that it made Facebook curious about why.

He is allowed to ask these types of questions because it is not considered hearsay. Hearsay is considered evidence that is offered by a witness for which they do not have direct knowledge of but, rather, their testimony is based on what others have said to them.

Derstine asked her if there are a lot of rural areas in Woodstock. She answered the question and it was her own opinion, not the opinion of someone else, therefore it doesn't fall under the rule of hearsay.

I may have used the wrong word. But I still question asking witnesses for their opinion.

Could his lawyer have done this?

Well if facebook didn't take the initiative then it could have been a member of his family, a friend that maybe had his login info. It could have been his lawyer too. It could have been anyone involved.

RaffertyLFP: Information provided Facebook said Rafferty wrote on Alexis Lane's wall and he accepted Ellisa Rafferty as friend [via Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong