Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she stole the syringe from Jesse's bathroom on shower day, maybe she concealed it in a used toilet paper roll before throwing it into her purse/belongings.

Do you have a page number for Q22? or could you tell me which piece of evidence Q22 is since the tables are Greek to me.
Also, if anyone that knows about bugs has time could they pop over into the entomology report thread and answer a couple questions there? TIA

Q22 is a piece of the spare tire cover from KC's car.
See link here for a summary of Dr. Vass' findings:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530424/detail.html

And a link here to the Rickenbach report, pg 11245
http://www.wftv.com/news/18530424/detail.html

*Respectfully snipped to point.*

Nope, that's wrong. Q240 is the World of Disney bag. Q238 is the bottle. Q238.1 is the liquid from the bottle.

Q240 is the smaller plastic bag that the syringe came packaged in from the manufacturer. It reads "Disposable Syringe Kit, "and is not the world of disney bag.See page 11518 of this link:
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/1106/21540506.pdf

ETA- Sorry. I see you already caught that. Should have read all the new posts first.

If KC was trying to frame JG, why would she put that stuff inside a World of Disney bag? Was he normally associated with carrying Disney bags?

Hang on - lol.

It says that Q238 (the bottle), Q238.2 (the piece of plastic in the bottle), Q239 (the two rolls of cardboard in the bottle), Q240 (the world of disney bag) and Q240.1 the syringe from Q240, were not analyzed. It does not state that Q238.1 (liquid contents of the bottle), or Q240.1.1 (contents of the syringe) weren't analyzed. They were.

I was confused about that as well. page 11519 at this link
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/1106/21540506.pdf
states that there was indeed a liquid substance in the syringe labeled 240.1.1

If you read a couple of pages up 11515 - 11519 it explains the blue gatorade bottle contained liquid, 2 cardboard rolls, a syringe (which also contained a substance), a piece of possible cotton (cotton and cotton type material is also used for drug abuse/injection)

HTH. :)

Ok at the link provided it also states on page 45 of 97 that the plastic bag, which is Q240 is ACTUALLY the plastic that the syringe was inside of inside of the gatorade bottle. So Q240 is NOT the World of Disney bag at all either.

Exactly. The contents of the syringe were analyzed but not the syringe itsself. That was the confusion.

Also in the LIST of the items they received TO test, it states that Q240.1.1 was INSIDE of Q240 which it was not, it was inside of Q238. AND in the end, the bag, Q240 was also listed as INSIDE the bottle...that was the confusion. :blushing:

Carrie provided the link to show where this was all cleared up. I will go and get it. Be right back.
And now I see that Q240.1.1(the liquid) was inside of Q240.1(the syringe) which was inside of Q240(the plastic packaging bag)

I guess the confusion came from thinking Q240 was the World of Disney Bag when it was the syringe packaging bag.:banghead:

And then Q240.1.1 is even less than that. I think what this comes down to is that the lab was asked to look for chloroform and they did, and then noted it wherever it was reasonable to do so. Which doesn't mean that ultimately any of this chloroform business in either the Gatorade bottle (and especially the syringe) is anything that anybody on the prosecution side is taking as important.

Agreed. The concentration of chloroform in the syringe was about 1/5 the concentration in the Gatorade bottle. Truly an insignificant amount.

Agreed. The concentration of chloroform in the syringe was about 1/8 or 1/9 the concentration in the Gatorade bottle. Truly an insignificant amount.
Since it is stated that after all the items were removed from the gatorade bottle the bottle remained 3/4 of the way full, 1/8 or 1/9 would still seem like a substantial amount...wouldn't it?:waitasec:

What would you find more suspicious...a cardboard that will absorbe the liquid its contained in and blend in with the rest of the contents or a loose SYRINGE flopping around in a clear bottle???

I guess you haven't' been around drug users too much (good thing) the methods of concealment are not the most ingenious but they tend to not raise suspicions if you don't know what to look for. JMHO

I've never known a drug user to put empty toilet paper rolls in liquid storage containers for purposes of concealment (although I agree, some of them can do some crazy/stupid things, being careless with your buy is generally not one of them). Is this a prison thing? It doesn't seem like it'd be too effective...

Agreed. The concentration of chloroform in the syringe was about 1/8 or 1/9 the concentration in the Gatorade bottle. Truly an insignificant amount.

So are any of the amounts of chloroform significant? or are they only amounts that would be found in ordinary things like tap water?

I just want to express how impressed I am with this thread. It's very nice to see everyone working together and trying to understand. Whether you turn up right or wrong it's the fact that everyone is working together to better understand...and that is huge.

I'm late getting to this thread and I have only read about 10 pages of it.

I've been one who has wanted to cut KC some slack because in my view she has been raised by a narcissist who "created" a monster. I felt two things..that the death might have been an accident due to neglect (we've seen accounts of how Caylee was on a balcony alone without supervision, etc). I also thought/think KC is completely NUTS (like Andrea Yaeger NUTS) and if the defense was smart they would have just gone with that. This needle with chloroform information is enough for me to stop hanging onto any illusions*. I'll leave all the illusions to CA and GA now. It's a sad revelation--but I am glad I finally really understand.
*jurors will feel the same. Imagine...I wanted to give KC the benefit of the doubt. My mind is completely changed with the syringe.

Wasn't her first tattoo. She also hung out there/visited several times when not there for a tattoo.

Not disagreeing, just putting other possible scenarios out there.

I'm not married to any one specific theory, but I am casually dating several.

I have several tattoo's, my husband has many- we have friends who are tattoo artists but before all of this I never knew chloroform was kept in tattoo shops. It's not something one thinks about when going to hang out with friends in a shop or get new art on their bodies. Though, I suppose I just never thought to ask about such a thing.. we find out the information we are seeking if we are really seeking and it seems Casey was seeking.

Well Cr*p then!

:truce:

I do not understand why all the news broadcasts would go on and on about Chloroform being found at the remains site, if in fact it is no different than what would be found in drinking water!

I am also surprised that by now we have not heard anything disputing these broadcasts by today. Geeez.

So, I am perfectly willing to take it back regarding this info being the smoking gun, but I WON'T TAKE BACK THAT I THINK CASEY IS GOOD FOR IT nor that I believe she will be convicted of murder in some degree or another.

They do it because 'guilty' drives ratings higher. 'Not guilty' is a channel changer.

Not finding any inculpatory evidence will not drive ratings and their paychecks higher. America is rich in evil crime reporters/analysts who manufacture evidence and poison jury pools so as to increase their following and wealth. They have ceespools for hearts.

I previously posted Nancy Grace's lead-in to her show on Friday night, I'll repost it.

"Tonight, we learn found at the crime scene, along with little Caylee`s remains, syringes loaded with chloroform, the super-powerful knock-out drug, the same drug found in tot mom`s car trunk. With the deadly syringes, a Gatorade bottle also loaded with chloroform, the bombshell suggesting tot mom cooked up homemade chloroform, carried it in the Gatorade bottle, then injecting it directly into her 2-year-old girl`s body, bound with duct tape."

Caylee was not bound with duct tape. Deadly 'syringes' were not found -- take note as to how one syringe became more than one syringe, so as to come across as still more sinister. And syringes were not 'loaded' with chloroform. Those boldfaced lies were put forth to improve ratings and make money. It's evil. And it was done knowingly.

HTH

I've never known a drug user to put empty toilet paper rolls in liquid storage containers for purposes of concealment (although I agree, some of them can do some crazy/stupid things, being careless with your buy is generally not one of them). Is this a prison thing? It doesn't seem like it'd be too effective...

lol no and it's not a "druggie" thing either.

More of a opportunity thing. As an example...if you/someone is stopped and searched by the police..they don't usually check your apparently full gatorade bottle. Gatorade bottles have a wider mouth than the comparable soda bottles. Your walking/standing/loitering and see the police coming...you place your bottle on the ground before placing your hands up/against the wall/on the car, etc...

Again not the best, but when your trying to keep you "kit" intact anything will suffice.

On the flip side, if you used a syringe and just tossed it as it was...people notice and report syringes just lying around to the police(usually). but how many people call the police to report a discarded gatorade/soda bottle? KWIM

They do it because 'guilty' drives ratings higher. 'Not guilty' is a channel changer.

Not finding any inculpatory evidence will not drive ratings and their paychecks higher. America is rich in evil crime reporters/analysts who manufacture evidence and poison jury pools so as to increase their following and wealth. They have ceespools for hearts.

I previously posted Nancy Grace's lead-in to her show on Friday night, I'll repost it.

"Tonight, we learn found at the crime scene, along with little Caylee`s remains, syringes loaded with chloroform, the super-powerful knock-out drug, the same drug found in tot mom`s car trunk. With the deadly syringes, a Gatorade bottle also loaded with chloroform, the bombshell suggesting tot mom cooked up homemade chloroform, carried it in the Gatorade bottle, then injecting it directly into her 2-year-old girl`s body, bound with duct tape."

Caylee was not bound with duct tape. Deadly 'syringes' were not found -- take note as to how one syringe became more than one syringe, so as to come across as still more sinister. And syringes were not 'loaded' with chloroform. Those boldfaced lies were put forth to improve ratings and make money. It's evil. And it was done knowingly.

HTH

Amen, Wudge!! TV is crap- it's all lies, IMO!

Agreed. The concentration of chloroform in the syringe was about 1/5 the concentration in the Gatorade bottle. Truly an insignificant amount.

Good to see you weighing in! :blowkiss:

So are any of the amounts of chloroform significant? or are they only amounts that would be found in ordinary things like tap water?

Well, I don't know how to read the plot well enough to tell you what the concentration is. :bang: I believe that the area underneath the entire plot represents the total contribution of all constituents, and the area under the curve at ~5.046 retention time represents the contribution of chloroform. so if you take the area represented by chloroform and divide it by the area under the entire curve, you get the concentration. (help me out here Bond and Dog :slap:).

Eyeballing it :eye:, the concentration looks insignificant.

BTW, the most abundant compound found in the Gatorade bottle is ethanol (at ~2.472 retention time). It is ~14,000 times more abundant than chloroform. If I am reading the plot correctly. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado