IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as if it were a logo or a scrape on the side of the truck, one photo (side) has the LEFT side of the truck showing a long dark line and then a smaller line underneath it. The other photo (more head-on) is the RIGHT side of the truck with a long dark line and a smaller line underneath it.

They are roughly equivalent and even though they are not centered, I think it is a logo of some sort.

Bloomington Police have sent out higher res versions of these photos (click for bigger images) :

And here are similar models of trucks from 2005 that they sent out :

2005 Chevy Colorado :

2005 Chevy Silverado :

I'm still catching up, so I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. If you enlarge these photos you can see the timestamp! The photo that only shows part of the truck was taken at 4:14 and the photo of the entire truck was taken at 4:24. Interesting -- there doesn't appear to be any "equipment" in the earlier photo (though we can't see the whole trunk), but the "equipment" is clearly shown in the 4:24 image.

aahggg1.jpg

Wikimapia is updated too with a convenient white vehicle where the truck was captured on video for reference.
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=39.1716367&lon=-86.5354778&z=20&l=0&m=b&v=8

I agree with Shefner. I just glanced at the enlarged photo and thought it looked like a person in the truck bed with his arm around or holding something down, and a tarp pulled over it (or her). That is creepy.

That's sure what it looks like to me!

That does look like the same truck! It also looks like there is a white truck parked behind the building listed as 5 North (across from gravel lot) in that Google map, but it's hard to tell and who knows when it was taken... I guess there's a lot of white trucks around...

I sent an email to LE asking if they saw the truck in the Facebook image that curiousgirl2010 posted. Anything small they said right?

Most construction companies use bigger trucks than this one. It may be a personal vehicle of a construction worker, if not, I'm wondering what type of construction business would own trucks this small. Most construction companies, b/c of the equipment that they use, own bigger trucks, with bigger beds. For example, a F 250 with a long bed.

If there was a logo on the side of the truck, I wonder if it could be some other type of business, not just limited to "construction workers?"

My first thought was lawn care, probably because the guy who mows my parents' lawn drives a very similar white truck, he transports his mower in the truck bed or sometimes hooks up a small trailer to the truck hitch if he has more equipment that day. Many landscaping companies are locally-owned and may have a name on the truck but not a big, recognizable logo. Just thinking out loud here ...

If I had a white truck and were involved, I would not be out driving around! I would probably have it hidden in a garage or something. So, if this guy is still using the truck and driving around, he's either dumb, cocky, or not involved...

If I had a white truck and were involved, I would not be out driving around! I would probably have it hidden in a garage or something. So, if this guy is still using the truck and driving around, he's either dumb, cocky, or not involved...

Or goes to school there and this photo was taken BEFORE LE released the photos!

Remember, the perp probably didnt think anyone was watching.

Just putting in my two cents worth but I also see a person sitting in the back of the truck. I cannot tell gender but it does look like one hand is up near their mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member