GZ Case - Defense Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy should have never been carrying a gun on those drugs. imo

I am not a nurse, but damn those are powerful drugs we used for DH to get over the anxiety of his Bi-pap when he became paralyzed. They hand these out? And you can get a concealed carry permit? Damn. Not a good idea. IMO JMO MOO

It would have been less deadly if he had some weed. :moo:

This guy should have never been carrying a gun on those drugs. imo

He was prescribed those drugs, is there evidence that he was taking either that night? Especially a sleeping pill before going to Target?? Millions take adderal and when taken as prescribed for ADD, they only help the patient focus. ALL drugs have side effects.

Most common, antibiotics and heart meds

Amoxcillin: POTENTIAL PSYCHIATRIC SIDE EFFECTS

** Hallucinations

** Confusion

** Mania

Lanoxin
**** Depressed libido

*** Delirium

*** Depression

* Dementia

* Hallucinations and psychosis

* Mania and hyperactivity

* Lethargy

Frances Robles ‏ @RoblesHerald

ABC News: #Zimmerman, who takes meds for ADHD and insomnia, had a broken nose, cuts and 2 black eyes after fight w/ #trayvon @mattgutmanABC

https://twitter.com/#!/RoblesHerald

Wonder if it is Ritalin?

And he takes a sleeping pill? Oh boy. IMO

:floorlaugh: Gotta love Gutman and Robles. That headline says it all.

He was prescribed those drugs, is there evidence that he was taking either that night? Especially a sleeping pill before going to Target?? Millions take adderal and when taken as prescribed for ADD, they only help the patient focus. ALL drugs have side effects.

Most common, antibiotics and heart meds

Amoxcillin: POTENTIAL PSYCHIATRIC SIDE EFFECTS

** Hallucinations

** Confusion

** Mania

Lanoxin
**** Depressed libido

*** Delirium

*** Depression

* Dementia

* Hallucinations and psychosis

* Mania and hyperactivity

* Lethargy

No comparison to Dextroamphetamine and Amphetamine (Addreall)

It is sold on the street even for the high.

No comparison to Dextroamphetamine and Amphetamine (Addreall)

It is sold on the street even for the high.

And prescribed to little children constantly. I find it more telling that George didn't get his on the street and fully acknowledged his prior rx's to his treating physician.

I'd like to know why he was taking the Adderall. Was it for a valid mental problem or was he using it for weight loss. His weight was definitely a problem at one time according to the pictures I have seen. There are some doctors out there that will still prescribe speed for weight loss. IMO

And prescribed to little children constantly. I find it more telling that George didn't get his on the street and fully acknowledged his prior rx's to his treating physician.

Wasn't the guy his doctor? Adderall comes in a lot of doses and it is a mind altering drug. It will be interesting to see what George was going to a psychologist for.

I'd like to know why he was taking the Adderall. Was it for a valid mental problem or was he using it for weight loss. His weight was definitely a problem at one time according to the pictures I have seen. There are some doctors out there that will still prescribe speed for weight loss. IMO
I bet you anything you nailed it right there. I kept wondering about that weight loss and how he did it. imo

Before everyone jumps on the fact that autopsy shows injuries to TM's knuckles, keep in mind that he had every right to fight off his attacker and that these injuries can just as easily be defined as defensive wounds.

Not good news at all for the prosecution. Corey had this evidence. Unless GZ was hitting TM on his knuckles, in some bizarre head butting offensive move, they've got big trouble. JMO.

BBM
I believe that GZ learned that move from the extensive training he received at BOUNCERS R US academy. The old slam your face into someones fists move is a very effective method of ejecting a unruly bar patron. JMO.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/autopsy-results-show-trayvon-martin-had-injuries-h/nN6gs/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...juries-trayvon/story?id=16353532#.T7LZaHpo9XY

According to the report, prior to the shooting Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000166/

Dextroamphetamine and Amphetamine (Adderall)

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

fast or pounding heartbeat

shortness of breath

chest pain

excessive tiredness

slow or difficult speech

dizziness or faintness

weakness or numbness of an arm or leg

seizures

motor tics or verbal tics

believing things that are not true

feeling unusually suspicious of others

hallucinating (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)

mania (frenzied or abnormally excited mood)

aggressive or hostile behavior

changes in vision or blurred vision

fever

blistering or peeling skin

rash

hives

itching

swelling of the eyes, face, tongue, or throat

difficulty breathing or swallowing

hoarseness

I am horrified that he had a concealed carry license! It seems so unsafe to carry while on drugs... and why grant even a regular permit to someone under a psychiatrist or psychologist care? I'm afraid that if it hadn't been Trayvon, it would have been someone else soon.

Also, last time ABC scooped all the other networks with that picture GZ's defense fund suddenly came into $200,000. Wonder if there will be another big jump in his fund from this early release of his medical records? :waitasec:

I am horrified that he had a concealed carry license! It seems so unsafe to carry while on drugs... and why grant even a regular permit to someone under a psychiatrist or psychologist care? I'm afraid that if it hadn't been Trayvon, it would have been someone else soon.

Also, last time ABC scooped all the other networks with that picture GZ's defense fund suddenly came into $200,000. Wonder if there will be another big jump in his fund from this early release of his medical records? :waitasec:

I don't understand the bold, mind elaborating?

I'll wait to see the reports from the EMT personnel from the night of the shooting rather than depend on independent medical records from after the fact.

Also, it's been often claimed on this forum that ABC has no credibility.

The EMT is taking a cursory look. They also would not see the bruising or black eyes which do not always show up until hours after the event.

Do you think ABC is faking this evidence?

Wasn't the guy his doctor? Adderall comes in a lot of doses and it is a mind altering drug. It will be interesting to see what George was going to a psychologist for.

Maybe. And in that case, he would have had a record of the prior prescriptions as part of his medical history, not necessarily as part of his current treatments. Whenever I go to the ER, for example, all of the meds I've ever reported having taken to that particular hospital appear on my chart. I noticed because I've had to point them out and say I'm not taking this or that currently.

I guess we'll see. But in the meantime, I'm gonna stick with properly prescribed medication for an on-label use by a reputable medical professional, and also that George wasn't within the 10% of the population, including countless schoolchildren who take that drug on a daily basis for focus issues, to report extreme side effects. Also seems to me that previously undiagnosed adhd might explain George's "loser-like" inability to complete a college degree in what would be deemed a timely and non-loser-like fashion. jmo from the "defense perspective"

I wonder who's leaking all this information that seems to support Zimmerman's cause? Hmm...

Maybe. And in that case, he would have had a record of the prior prescriptions as part of his medical history, not necessarily as part of his current treatments. Whenever I go to the ER, for example, all of the meds I've ever reported having taken to that particular hospital appear on my chart. I noticed because I've had to point them out and say I'm not taking this or that currently.

I guess we'll see. But in the meantime, I'm gonna stick with properly prescribed medication for an on-label use by a reputable medical professional, and also that George wasn't within the 10% of the population, including countless schoolchildren, who take that drug on a daily basis for focus issues, to report extreme side effects. Also seems to me that previously undiagnosed adhd might explain George's "loser-like" inability to complete a college degree in what would be deemed a timely and non-loser-like fashion. jmo from the "defense perspective"

Exactly. My 16 yr old takes 20mg of adderall daily for ADHD. He is not any of those things that are being posted. It helps him focus on school work. As far as side effects, has anyone even read the side effects to all meds? Even over the counter meds? I think ppl are jumping to bad conclusions IMO.

Before everyone jumps on the fact that autopsy shows injuries to TM's knuckles, keep in mind that he had every right to fight off his attacker and that these injuries can just as easily be defined as defensive wounds.

Scrapes on your knuckles are not classic defensive wounds. Iirc, there were a ton of posts here when the funeral home guy said he had no wounds other than the gun shot that Trayvon couldn't have possibly been banging George's head on the ground because his knuckles would have been scraped. Well, now we know that they were. At best for the State, they may evidence a fist fight and we still don't show who started it. jmo

I guess we'll see. But in the meantime, I'm gonna stick with properly prescribed medication for an on-label use by a reputable medical professional, and also that George wasn't within the 10% of the population, including countless schoolchildren, who take that drug on a daily basis for focus issues, to report extreme side effects. Also seems to me that previously undiagnosed adhd might explain George's "loser-like" inability to complete a college degree in what would be deemed a timely and non-loser-like fashion. jmo from the "defense perspective"

I have no idea where that 10 percent comes from but I do know the events of that night can be explained by several of those side effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000166/

aggressive or hostile behavior

believing things that are not true

feeling unusually suspicious of others

slow or difficult speech

But this isn't about countless children, this is about a man who shot a teenager. We don't know if he was taking this on-label or off the street.

I hope you are okay. I didn't know you have to go to the ER for regular treatment. :( That's not good. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni