Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching InSession I did see a representative for the Stacy Peterson family.
Do we know if Kathleen's family is at the trial?
Are Kathleen's sons there?
Are DP adult children there? from 1st wife?
Thanks

One of his sons is said to have cut all ties w/ Drew. Doubt he will be there unless he's on witness list.

ETA: Its his son, Eric.

my tweets are not coming through, maybe I did something wrong and maybe I am lucky not getting them!

There will be articles posted on a variety of news sites each day, I imagine. Check the Chicagoland area newspapers. Some reporters will do a more thorough job than others. Outside of being able to watch a trial either live or via video feed, there's not much else left.

I can't follow a trial via tweets. It gets on my last nerve.

Me either. And no live-stream, even!! Even a live stream of Beth Karras would be better than nothing. IS needs to get a GRIP!!!! Are those of us that follow trials all day such a small amount of people that the people who want to watch "Dumbest Criminals", etc on IS outnumber us???????

I'm sure if the judge would allow tv in the courtroom that they would be there.
I'm ok with tweets as long as they give you the questions and answers instead of just saying, for instance, that there is a sidebar, but not telling you why. IS is doing a good job. jmo

The witness recalls an interview she had with the IL State Police. "You never told them anythuing about a bath mat or a towel?" "I don't remember exactly." She denies telling Drew that he should call a locksmith. "It wasn't my idea to call a locksmith to begin with."

In Session: We will continue our live coverage of the Drew Peterson trial tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. ET.58 minutes ago ·

Last from IS for today.

*sigh*...

I really hate to say this but it is beginning to seem as if the state is going to botch this one up and if that is the case, I think I will stop following trials. I can't take another Anthony outcome, I really can't. It isn't as if they haven't had adequate time to prepare for this either. I'm sure not liking what has occurred so far.......

I absolutely hate DP with all my being and I know if he escapes justice he will be even more of an Ahole than what we have witnessed prior and I can't take that.

Please get your act together prosecution team, I beg of you.

I think it's unfair to judge the prosecution team based on one day of trial. First of all, the way a trial goes is largely due to the judge's rulings. A team can only discuss what is allowed by the judge. If the judge says NO then that's that, unless you take a motion up the chain to an appeal court.

What mistakes has the prosecution team made so far?

If they did something wrong in the months, weeks and days leading up to the trial, then that's a whole other matter. I don't know the history of the state on prepping this case.

The defense begins its cross-examination of Maria Pontarelli. Follow this thread for continuing updates on the Drew Peterson trial.

In Session The defense begins its cross-examination of Mary Pontarelli. The witness describes the subdivision in which she lives ("Pheasant Run"). She acknowledges that her family is close to the Carcerano family. Defense: "When Kathy and Drew lived there, the neighbors were friendly with one another?" Pontarelli: "Yes.". When asked if she felt safe having a police officer next door, Mrs. Pontarelli responds, "Absolutely."

In Session Mrs. Pontarelli agress that Kathleen Savio could be "tough . . . I wouldn't call her bossy . . . she had strong passions."

In Session The witness says she and Savio used to "chit-chat" about their lives. Defense: "Sometimes she woule over-exagerate about things." Pontarelli: "No."

In Session The attorney starts to ask the witness about her earlier testimony in 2008. But he can't find the passage he's looking for, so he decides to move on. When she first saw Savio on February 28, it appeared Kathleen had just returned from grocery shopping. Pontarelli: "She said she had finals in two weeks. That's what she was studying for."

In Session Pontarelli describes the Pheasant Chase subdivision where she lives. She repeats she thought nothing of it when she saw Savio's bedroom light on that Saturday night.

In Session The witness acknowledges that Savio hoped to marry her boyfriend, Steve, and move away. "Drew had started over, and she could, too." She knew that Savio knew that Drew had had girlfriends, and wasn't happy about it. She says "the first hint she (Savio) got of what was going on" with Stacy and Drew was when she received an anonymous letter in 2002

In Session The first time she saw Drew that weekend was on Monday. Her only conversation with Savio that weekend was Saturday afternoon.

In Session Mrs. Pontarelli recalls that Peterson came to her house Monday night, March 1, 2004. He was wearing his police sergeant's uniform, and was looking for Kathleen.

In Session After speaking to Steve,Savio's boyfriend, she learned that he had last seen Kathleen Saturday evening. Pontarelli: "That's when I called Drew and said,'OK. I'll go in the house with you.'"

In Session Judge Burmila decides this is a good time to take the afternoon break. Court is in recess until 3:10 CT.

Beth Karas InSession

2 hours ago via Mobile.

During the direct of the first witness, a photo of Savio in the bathtub was displayed. Savio was in a fetal position on her left side. Her feet were flexed with her toes bent against the tub. There was a trail of blood--not too much--under her. There was no ring of dried blood around the tub and the tub was dry. Her head was at the opposite end from the spigot. Savio was 5'5". The tub was too small for her to stretch out in it. There was a folded towel on the shelf/lip of the tub. The witness said there was no towel when she entered nor was there a rug in front of the tub.

Me either. And no live-stream, even!! Even a live stream of Beth Karras would be better than nothing. IS needs to get a GRIP!!!! Are those of us that follow trials all day such a small amount of people that the people who want to watch "Dumbest Criminals", etc on IS outnumber us???????

No fault of InSession. The Judge ruled no cameras in the court room. I'm just grateful we have tweeters and we can follow along best we can.

Wife-Killer Suspect Drew Peterson Is All Smiles On First Day Of Murder Trial

By Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter

The prospect of life in prison didn't stop murder suspect Drew Peterson from joking and casually chatting with his attorneys as he walked into court on Tuesday for the first day of his long-awaited trial.

Within minutes of the former Chicago police sergeant entering the Joliet, Illinois courtroom, his lawyers had already interrupted the proceedings and asked for a mistrial over the ongoing argument that most of the crucial testimony will be hearsay evidence recounting words from both his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whom he is accused of murdering in 2004, and his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, who vanished in 2007.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/drew-peterson-murder-trial-smiles

*sigh*...

I really hate to say this but it is beginning to seem as if the state is going to botch this one up and if that is the case, I think I will stop following trials. I can't take another Anthony outcome, I really can't. It isn't as if they haven't had adequate time to prepare for this either. I'm sure not liking what has occurred so far.......

I absolutely hate DP with all my being and I know if he escapes justice he will be even more of an Ahole than what we have witnessed prior and I can't take that.

Please get your act together prosecution team, I beg of you.

I don't think the state is botching it. They were just unlucky enough to get a pro-defense judge. They came to the trial with some great ammo, but none of it is being allowed in.

It feels to me like the judge is worried that if the state wins, the case will be turned around on appeals later on. He wants to protect his reputation and his percentages. imo. So he is nixing any possible thing the defense could appeal the verdict with. And since the prosecution cannot appeal a verdict, he is safe. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401