Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first case that I've followed every curve and turn of. I am not aware of the legal process. The GJ is expected to meet today, right? Can we expect to learn additional information today?

This is the first case that I've followed every curve and turn of. I am not aware of the legal process. The GJ is expected to meet today, right? Can we expect to learn additional information today?

Good morning

In NC, the 'secret' GJ does not 'investigate' crimes, they only indict.
In wake county, the lead detective will cover his evidence in about 5 minutes (average is <5)

Today is GJ day. Who knows what will happen, but I would be surprised if they present their evidence for indictment today.....before October, yes

That is not true carolinalady

"That the release of this information will jeopardize the right of a defendant to a fair trial"

Brad and his attorney have the SW's and know what they say.
My point is the public does not because they could be inflammatory or they could compromise the ongoing investigation.

But that doesn't mean it contains damning evidence. More than likely, it has what LE believes happened to Nancy Cooper. I would think (and hope) that if they have damning evidence, BC would be in jail.

"By law, affidavits to obtain a search warrant must contain a detailed explanation of probable cause, and they usually have specifics about what police believe happened to the victim.

Sealing search warrants allow authorities to investigate a case without disclosing information that would allow public speculation about the case."

But that doesn't mean it contains damning evidence. More than likely, it has what LE believes happened to Nancy Cooper. I would think (and hope) that if they have damning evidence, BC would be in jail.

"By law, affidavits to obtain a search warrant must contain a detailed explanation of probable cause, and they usually have specifics about what police believe happened to the victim.

Sealing search warrants allow authorities to investigate a case without disclosing information that would allow public speculation about the case."

This is not worth arguing about. I never said it did contain damning evidence, I was simply saying that is many times why they are sealed in high profile cases. BTW, the probable cause to search his house would point to him.
After all, he said she left the house alive.

Probable cause

"A reasonable belief that a person (Brad Cooper) has committed a crime"

This is not worth arguing about. I never said it did contain damning evidence, I was simply saying that is many times why they are sealed in high profile cases. BTW, the probable cause to search his house would point to him.
After all, he said she left the house alive.

Probable cause

"A reasonable belief that a person (Brad Cooper) has committed a crime"

Agreed. Hopefully whatever evidence they have collected from body/home does allow them to convict the murderer (whether that is BC or someone else). I definitely want justice for Nancy!

I found this posted on the City Data forum, Cary, NC. Page 41, post # 408

I have no idea who this is, but they were a member before the NC case so they didn't join just to state this. Is this why she was partially clothed?

07-26-2008, 07:00 PM
seajoy88

I agree that even though they say it was not a random killing, the fact that no one has been arrested is a little unnerving.

A friend of mine that lives in the Lochmere area reported information to a detective the day Nancy went missing. While my friend was on her jog that day, she saw a woman by Nancy's description around 8am. She described an item of clothing this woman was wearing that was of interest to the detective. Whether this is a coincidence or not, an item of clothing as my friend described was found in the woods. It was not an item of clothing that was known to the public. I have no idea why the police would not release that information, but maybe it was a false lead. Either way, it's just enough information to make my friend stop running alone even if the police say they don't believe the murder was random.

I could have missed this, but has there been an affidavit from
Carrie Clarke?
Diana Duncan's husband?
Theresa O'Driscoll?

It would be interesting as to why not.

I have no idea who this is, but they were a member before the NC case so they didn't join just to state this. Is this why she was partially clothed?

seajoy88

I agree that even though they say it was not a random killing, the fact that no one has been arrested is a little unnerving.

A friend of mine that lives in the Lochmere area reported information to a detective the day Nancy went missing. While my friend was on her jog that day, she saw a woman by Nancy's description around 8am. She described an item of clothing this woman was wearing that was of interest to the detective. Whether this is a coincidence or not, an item of clothing as my friend described was found in the woods. It was not an item of clothing that was known to the public. I have no idea why the police would not release that information, but maybe it was a false lead. Either way, it's just enough information to make my friend stop running alone even if the police say they don't believe the murder was random.

Hi mom...we established with the news reports that 'partially clothed' was incorrect and misleading. Amanda Lamb said she was was found with 'little clothing'...big difference. 'Little clothing' could easily mean jogging shorts and a T or it could also mean she was not fully clothed...we just don't know.

Seeing a 5' 8" white female jogging around 8am in and around Lochmere would not be at all unusual. Nancy could be described as looking very similar to scores of serious female runners in the Cary area.

I could have missed this, but has there been an affidavit from
Carrie Clarke?
Diana Duncan's husband?
Theresa O'Driscoll?

It would be interesting as to why not.

Why do you ask about these particular people? Have you seen comments they made?

I know Diana Duncan made a statement.

We have a thread with all the legal documents. You may find something there.

I'm fairly certain Carrie Clarke hasn't given a written statement, that's been made public. I could be wrong.

JMHO
fran

seajoy88

Eventhough that person has been a member for awhile, not just for this case, doesn't mean it couldn't be someone trying to throw the case off. I know that sounds far-fetched, but we have seen it on a number of cases, imo.

During the Peterson case there were rumors flying everywhere. 90% of them were false. LOL, we even had members of the family, we believe, not sure, that tried to throw the discussion here off. ;)

JMHO
fran

I suppose it is conceivable that she would take off for a short, 5 mile run at 7am and return home in time to shower and then head over to her 8 am painting commitment.

The fact that runner was seen at 8am, makes it that much more unlikely it was Nancy Cooper

"brad probably used her cellphone to call his to try to establish his alibi.

he'll probably find some excuse why his fingerprints are on her phone"

The Saint ,
IMO BC wouldn't have to find an excuse for his fingerprints to be on NC's cell phone. I know my hubby's would be on mine~ he handed it to me last night when it rang.

"brad probably used her cellphone to call his to try to establish his alibi.

he'll probably find some excuse why his fingerprints are on her phone"

The Saint ,
IMO BC wouldn't have to find an excuse for his fingerprints to be on NC's cell phone. I know my hubby's would be on mine~ he handed it to me last night when it rang.

Actually, I would bet he used the home land line. Unlike a cell where you can play games with location origination within a tower area, the land line firmly establishes the call was made from the home.

Remember, this guy is a telecommunications expert.... those types of little details would come naturally to him

I missed a lot of discussion yesterday while I was gone. Some posts I'd like to address. Well, some have already been discussed, but, LOL, you know me, I have to put in my :twocents: .

These are mostly from the previous thread. I don't know how to bring over a quote from another thread other than cut/paste.....computers are not my first language at home. ;)

Our new member reddress58 said they were planning on building a new, more expensive home in another area. Ok, my take, it wasn’t Nancy who was the spender, it was Brad. He’ll blame it on her now that she can’t dispute it, but IMO, he’s the one that wanted to show off. After all, he's the one that just got his MBA!

As far as those $150 dresses put aside for the girls. Well, yeah that is pretty pricey for even an adult dress, imo. But hey, I wasn't raised that way. But remember, Nancy didn't have the purse strings, Brad did. He had to pick the dresses up. Soooo......remember if the MOST RECENT purchases for the kids et al have verifiable receipts, ie credit card or money card, that was Brad picking them up. But Nancy may have shopped them. So now you have Brad saying he did all of this shopping and stuff.......yeah, what a nice guy.

Of course their plans were changed for the new house when they returned from their Dec vacation. Nancy most likely realized that it was hopeless with this guy. He was about me, me, me and that’s all there was. Plus, we’ve seen how his family is about Nancy and what is rumored of their treatment of her. Well,…………this bit of information points to Nancy not embellishing as Brad et al want everyone to believe, but trouble behind those closed doors. It's no wonder his parent's statements weren't more favorable towards Nancy.

Oh, also, remember how HIS friends said Nancy embellished. Well, the same could be for Brad. I mean, where are these people getting their information from?

Right!

JMHO
fran

I missed a lot of discussion yesterday while I was gone. Some posts I'd like to address. Well, some have already been discussed, but, LOL, you know me, I have to put in my :twocents: .

These are mostly from the previous thread. I don't know how to bring over a quote from another thread other than cut/paste.....computers are not my first language at home. ;)

Our new member reddress58 said they were planning on building a new, more expensive home in another area. Ok, my take, it wasn’t Nancy who was the spender, it was Brad. He’ll blame it on her now that she can’t dispute it, but IMO, he’s the one that wanted to show off. After all, he's the one that just got his MBA!

As far as those $150 dresses put aside for the girls. Well, yeah that is pretty pricey for even an adult dress, imo. But hey, I wasn't raised that way. But remember, Nancy didn't have the purse strings, Brad did. He had to pick the dresses up. Soooo......remember if the MOST RECENT purchases for the kids et al have verifiable receipts, ie credit card or money card, that was Brad picking them up. But Nancy may have shopped them. So now you have Brad saying he did all of this shopping and stuff.......yeah, what a nice guy.

Of course their plans were changed for the new house when they returned from their Dec vacation. Nancy most likely realized that it was hopeless with this guy. He was about me, me, me and that’s all there was. Plus, we’ve seen how his family is about Nancy and what is rumored of their treatment of her. Well,…………this bit of information points to Nancy not embellishing as Brad et al want everyone to believe, but trouble behind those closed doors. It's no wonder his parent's statements weren't more favorable towards Nancy.

Oh, also, remember how HIS friends said Nancy embellished. Well, the same could be for Brad. I mean, where are these people getting their information from?

Right!

JMHO
fran
Fran, I think most of the shopping for expensive dresses and such took place BEFORE he took the credit cards out of her name. I think the tightened purse strings prohibited NC from shopping for the girls as she used to. BC stated in his affidavit that he at times used some of his remaining 20&#37; of monthly income to buy the children clothes. If she wanted something special for the girls, she had to ask him to go pick it up. I think her father-in-law saw credit card reciepts of purchases NC signed for a while back before BC discovered the terms of the separation agreement and tightened the budget.

Wirehair mentioned what Nancy was wearing on Friday night. IMO, that’s very good thinking and I hope LE has looked into that.

Remember Laci Peterson’s blouse? It was first photographed that first night, in a laundry basket underneath Scott’s clothes. Yet, when the 2nd SW was served, it was found crumpled up, soiled, in her underwear drawer. LE even called her sister Amy to the scene to ask her about it. Amy said Laci would NEVER do that,…. put something soiled in her drawer of clean clothes. PLUS, when she was found, she had on the pants worn that last night but NOT the blouse. Circumstantial, yes……Telling, yes………Incriminating, most definitely.

Wonder IF LE has found her clothes from that last night? IF so, where were they?

Excellent point, wirehair! I think we need to send you your official Websleuth badge, or sumpin'! :)

JMHO
fran

Fran, I think most of the shopping for expensive dresses and such took place BEFORE he took the credit cards out of her name. I think the tightened purse strings prohibited NC from shopping for the girls as she used to. BC stated in his affidavit that he at times used some of his remaining 20% of monthly income to buy the children clothes. If she wanted something special for the girls, she had to ask him to go pick it up. I think her father-in-law saw credit card reciepts of purchases NC signed for a while back before BC discovered the terms of the separation agreement and tightened the budget.

No, I believe those dresses were on hold for Nancy. She did NOT come back so they put them back on the rack. Ehhhhhh..........I believe that was the day she went missing, that she was supposed to come back and they put them back on the rack.

I also believe the store took them and gave them to the girls. I THINK they were the ones they were wearing for the memorial service.

IF I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know! ;)

JMHO
fran

PS....I don't write this stuff down so sometimes my feeble memory goes haywire! :D fran

You're right. The father-in-law just stated that Nancy bought $50 dresses for the girls and saw $200 receipts for jeans and pedicure. My bad. Sorry.

Why do you ask about these particular people? Have you seen comments they made?

I know Diana Duncan made a statement.

We have a thread with all the legal documents. You may find something there.

I'm fairly certain Carrie Clarke hasn't given a written statement, that's been made public. I could be wrong.

JMHO
fran

Fran...It just seems odd to me the other husbands made a statement and Diana's husband who lives across from the Coopers did not. IMO the Duncan's would be able if anyone to identify the daily activities at the Cooper household. Such as time BC usually got home, time Nancy usually jogged if he was up at those times, what activities he used to witness BC participated in (washing cars, mowing the grass, etc). It would just give us better insight to actually how much BC did or didn't do. This would not be based on what Diana or Nancy told him, but what he actually felt was going on. IMO it would be nice to know from someone who lived 100' away.

As for Carrie, BC said she cancelled the day before for a 5:45 jog. Did she and Nancy usually jog at this time? I thought BC stated NC jogged before he went to work which would make me wonder if she jogged earlier than we are all thinking. IMO NC would have shared her situation with Carrie as well, since Nancy's other friends were well aware of it. I am just wondering why and if Carrie made a statement and why it is not shown?

Theresa was willing to talk to WTVD but didn't have a statement. I do not know how much of a friend she was to NC, but just wondered if she had done so and I missed it.

It appears Ms. Stubbs wanted affidavit's from many people for the custody case, I just wondered if these 3 had nothing to provide or they provided information she didn't want disclosed. :confused:

You're right. The father-in-law just stated that Nancy bought $50 dresses for the girls and saw $200 receipts for jeans and pedicure. My bad. Sorry.

I don't know reddress58, seems you are our poster that would be the best expert on dresses :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth