UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Lemon... I bet we are in for the long haul.... As for Mister Young... what great news!

Joshua Powell, whose wife disappeared from their West Valley City home on Dec. 7, was called in for another interview with police Monday, but never showed up.
Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said he didn't know why Powell didn't show up for the interview. He has met with police twice since Susan Powell disappeared a week ago. McLachlan said the investigation is "moving slowly" but that Joshua Powell is not considered a suspect
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13998464

way to go Josh! Way to help find your wife!

Susan's father is going to be on the Today show in a few minutes.

The Today Show had technical difficulties so they were never able to interview Susan's father. I recorded what was aired and will post the video as soon as it is processed.

I have not heard of any search parties going out looking for Susan (dead or alive) and that is curious to me, since she had no viable transportation, so either she was on foot, "had an abductor", or possibly went with them "camping." In either case, I would think people would be searching some areas.:cat:

Right on. The weather may be bad, but they ought to do something.

I've read in a few articles the phrase "we don't know where to look."

First time I hear such an excuse for not doing a search after a person has gone missing, be that an adult or a child.

I'm sure they can get enough volunteers if authorities publicly ask for them.

A friend of Josh and Susan's, (female) was on FOX news a while ago. She didn't offer anything new, but she did say something that is contradictory to what some others have stated.

She said Josh and Susan did take their boys camping a few times this summer and it wasn't unusual for them to do that. However, she said they didn't usually go in the winter and leaving in the middle of the night was unusual as well.

Now that we see Josh again is a 'no show' for an interview with LE, I would imagine he's slowly being placed into the 'uncooperartive' category.

Someone needs to tell Josh that being uncooperative in the investigation of the disappearance of his wife is no way to get people to stop talking about him as a POI.

JMHO
fran

December 15, 2009

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vm3gakeL3Y[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7mbXusqUHI[/ame]

I don't see how they could possibly search all the mines, valleys etc in freezing weather...nor could average people endure that and they might get frostbite, get hurt
so I think it is totally impossible to do a "general search" when they don't know which way he went, where he "dumped" his wife :(

This is so ridiculous..this jerk can't even come up with a good story...but the fact is that he could have gone in any directions, hundreds of miles..so they just can't search everywhere

Skipping the 2nd interview?? just more proof

the wet spot on carpet...could have been blood...but maybe vomit? (if he had drugged her..>I think more likely drugged than poisoned....I wonder if they had any prescription meds or even an old prescription? sleeping/pain pills?)

another possibility (sorry if this is gross) is that during strangulation/ people will urinate/defecate...and he may have cleaned that up?

where is the "quilt" or bedspread??

This may be a circumstantial case or (hopefully) the family/church leaders or whatever they are can get this jerk to confess

My personal theory still is that this was a night of "crisis" for them...he was to start the "new job" the next day...how long was he out of work?? I think she was letting him know that she wanted a divorce..like "you have your new job, I want out"

The "financial problems" were NO surprise to me as I had said from the start I felt that would come up ...and it did...
Josh had a phoney real estate page, touting him as the next Donald Trump
and he had a ridiculous amateur "marketing page"....he wasn't very good at computers

I think he is a loser whose breadwinner wife was fed up, ready to buck the Mormon "good wife" stuff and leave him...and he flipped

These "domestic" cases are so sad, but so easy to spot

I also question the older woman "LaVonda" for the fact that she spoke to him on the phone but won't say what they talked about....that seems odd
No I don't think she is "in cahoots" with him...but she seems like an enabler
she is one of the people who had written up "flowery" praise of him on his ridiculous real estate website LOL

Looks like the Today Show is going to air Susan's father during the 9:00 AM ET airing of the show.

Last night all I could think of was the wild life out in the winter.
Are there mountain lions? wolves? bears?
I keep thinking of other cases.

I hope Susan's father listened to what Pat Brown said on the Today Show. I can't tell if her father is defending his SIL by design or he's in complete denial?

Missing woman's dad doubts son-in-law hurt her

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9038562

Last night all I could think of was the wild life out in the winter.
Are there mountain lions? wolves? bears?
I keep thinking of other cases.

Mountain lions probably. Have no Idea on the bears. I don't think there are wolves. But there are coyotes, foxes and badgers. And all kinds of very large birds. That makes me think of something. I hope LE has someone looking out for birds circling.

Mountain lions probably. Have no Idea on the bears. I don't think there are wolves. But there are coyotes, foxes and badgers. And all kinds of very large birds. That makes me think of something. I hope LE has someone looking out for birds circling.

Exactly what I would be looking for........they have keen eyesight and smell.
Any bird watchers there???

If the wet spot on the carpet is urine, I hope they test it for drugs.

Could someone please fill me in on Josh's employment history? I read he was to start a new job on Monday. I wonder if that really was the case.

I see lots of pain in dad Cox face.......
he has only been able to talk on PHONE with his grandsons???
At a time like that I would think JP would want ALL family together!
Another WOW moment!
FIL sticks up for you, yet you won't talk to him? see him? or have your kids with him?
That speaks GUILT to me!!!

on video it said the fans were ON..........
some people had wondered if he left them ON, yep he DID!

That Today Show report says the mother-in-law reported Susan missing. Wasn't it the babysitter or sister in law who reported? Also....the dinner guest....why would Josh answer her call to his cell? I can imagine that numerous people, including LE, were trying to call him for hours. Why did he answer her call? IMO, there is more to the story about why she was at the house for dinner and sewing...knitting...whatever.

Bumping up as I added Susan's father's interview.

OT but it needs to be said, Thank you Patty for your hard work and getting the videos up for us. It is a tremendous help when we are sleuthing :)

Back on topic. You know the police are on him like white on rice. Following his movements and listening in on phone calls.

Guessing that Susan's dad doesn't want to alienate his SIN which is why won't say what he is really thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member