WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Orondo/Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/10/deputies-search-pitcher-canyon-area-for-missing/

Deputies search Pitcher Canyon area for missing girl
By Mike Irwin
World staff writer

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WENATCHEE — A helicopter for the Chelan County Sheriff’s Department was being used this morning to search for a 17-year-old girl missing since Tuesday night.

Sheriff’s department spokesman Jerry Moore said investigators launched the helicopter search for McKenzie Cowell of Orondo over an area surrounding Pitcher Canyon. The air search followed unsuccessful search efforts Tuesday night by deputies on foot with a sheriff’s department tracking dog.

Residents in the canyon found Cowell’s car parked in their driveway around 10 p.m. Tuesday. They reported spotting women’s clothing and a purse inside the car. Sheriff’s deputies tracked the car’s registration to Cowell’s parents, who said the 17-year-old was past curfew for the night.

Cowell’s 17-year-old boyfriend, who arrived on the scene with Cowell’s parents Tuesday night, said he and the girl had exchanged text messages around 4 p.m. that day, Moore said.

Anyone with knowledge of Cowell’s whereabouts or tips regarding the case is asked to call 667-6848.

0210_loc-missing_t310.jpg

http://www.king5.com/news/local/FBI-asked-to-help-search-for-missing-Wenatchee-girl-84241332.html

by Associated Press and KING5.com

Posted on February 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Updated yesterday at 5:40 PM

WENATCHEE, Wash. - The FBI has joined the Chelan County Sheriff's Office in searching for a 17-year-old girl last seen Tuesday afternoon leaving a beauty school class in Wenatchee.

Sheriff's spokesman Jerry Moore says the car driven by McKenzie Cowell was found Tuesday night in a driveway in the Pitcher Canyon area near Mission Ridge, about 50 miles from her home in Orondo. Moore says her purse and some clothes were found in the car, but her debit card is missing.

Sheriff's deputies searched the area on the ground with a tracking dog overnight and from the air Wednesday by helicopter.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100212/NEWS03/702129770

Published: Friday, February 12, 2010
Associated Press

WENATCHEE — A Chelan County sheriff’s spokesman says the search for a missing 17-year-old girl is expanding to social networking and phone contacts that Mackenzie Cowell may have had.

Sheriff’s spokesman Jerry Moore said search warrants were faxed today for information from MySpace, Facebook and Verizon.

He said the FBI has also brought in a rapid response team that deals with child abductions.

Moore said those searching for Cowell hope information gleaned from computer and cell phone records “sends us in a direction.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/13/bodies-both-missing-people-found-saturday/

Bodies of both missing people found SaturdayPost a comment Print

Saturday, February 13, 2010

WENATCHEE — Authorities found the bodies of both people they were searching for today.

The body of Mackenzie Cowell, 17, of Orondo, was found around 2 p.m. in the Crescent Bar area. The Chelan County Sheriff's Office considers her death a homicide, according to Jerry Moore, chief of administration.

A Wenatchee World reporter is gathering information and we will update wenatcheeworld.com as soon as we have more details.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rest in Peace Mackenzie.

This is a very mysterious case.....I wish more details were available. I believe I read her autopsy is being conducted today.

What do they mean by BOTH bodies had been found?

Ok the article was poorly written. They combined two missing people into the one article. And both their bodies were found.

Bad reporting if you ask me!

Just an observation.
Police release video of MacKenzie walking across parking lot to her car. Noticed her attention was drawn twice to an old beatup white pickup truck (possibly a Toyota) in Wenatchee. Her car was found in Pitcher Canyon - south of Wenatchee (opposite direction of her home). Her body was found near Cresent Bar. This south leading direction intersects major highways that take you west to Seattle - passing through Clyde Hill where a young boy was nearly abducted on Feb. 22nd by a hispanic male driving a beatup white Toyota pickup truck.

can anyone help me? i cant find the page numbers to get to different pages on here.. help! lol

In the search if you type in Mackenzie Cowell, two will be listed. Look for the one that has more posts. This is a second thread that was started a while back.

can anyone help me? i cant find the page numbers to get to different pages on here.. help! lol

It can be a little confusing chevygirl. If you go to the Websleuths Forum Index (you can get there by clicking the upper left hand corner of this page that says "Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community"), Mackenzie's discussion forum is under the MISSING category, but under the Missing/Located Forum Discussion subcategory.

For your convenience, here's a direct link to Mackenzie's discussion thread:
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #2 - Page 12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hope this helps! :)

I am new on here. Whatever I try to do or look at; links, etc. gives me this:

B Buzz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back