The supposed "evidence" against Mark Byers

kyleb

Reaction score
Since so many people believed Mark Byers committed the murders back he was the parent of choice to blame, and at least some still inisit there was sufficient reason to look into Byers, I'm interested in compiling a list of what people have considered to be the evidence against him. In that regard I've come up with:

1. A pocket knife of his with blood on it of the same type as his son, himself, and many millions of other people.

2. Wounds on his son which some insisted were a human bite mark even though those wounds looks very different than human bite marks, combined with the fact that Byers wound up toothless between the time of the murders and when claims of human bite marks came up.

3. His peculiarity in general.

Have I missed anything?

Well, since it seems nobody here has anything to add to the list, I suppose I'll turn to some of Echols' stated reasoning behind his own Mark Byers tunnel vision:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mh3g1joFKk&#t=2636s]whatever[/ame]

I can't understand why exactly people are glossing over the obvious when it comes to Byers, and the death of Mellisa Byers, and all the things that Byers has said and done since this trial. I think maybe for the general public it's not quite as scary to believe that bloodthirsty satanists were out murdering children as it it is to believe that parents are actually murdering their own children.

So, it seems at least back then Echols would've added Mellisa Byers' death to the list of evidence against Mark Byers, as tenuous of reasoning as that is. Also, the argument he follows that with is completely turned on it's head: pretty much anyone who hasn't been living in a cave all their lives knows examples of parents who've murdering the own children, while bloodthirsty satanists murdering children is far less common. That's as close as I've seen Echols come to acknowledging his well documented interest in [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212300"]very dark occult beliefs[/ame] throughout the years leading up to the murders, his thirst for blood and otherwise.

There is no reason for this thread as JMB has been cleared by a verifiable timeline for the time of the murders.

This thread is for historical purposes, as I'm new to the case and would like to know if there was anything more to to justify the tunnel vision against Byers than the supposed evidence I've listed above. That said, I'm also curious what steps supporters took to confirm Byers timeline beyond what the WMPD did when they investigated him, so if anyone can cite any sources detailing that, please share.

Byers speaks about the money behind the support of WM3. On this video the interviewer thinks that HBO is behind a rally given for the WM3 and Leveritt denies it. Byers thinks it's blood money. There is also an interview with a supporter where his air fare was paid for as well. Take a look.

Blood Money

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uf36_west-memphis-blood-money-wm3-pt4_news"]WEST MEMPHIS BLOOD MONEY WM3 pt4 - Video Dailymotion[/ame]

Another video with Byers saying how hard it has been on him and the film makers giving their ideas

Byers VS. HBO Filmmakers

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uf2v_wm3-pt2-byers-vs-hbo-filmmakers_news"]wm3 - pt2 Byers VS. HBO Filmmakers - Video Dailymotion[/ame]

No, I meant most certainly did not mean that because I take this topic seriously, and I'm revolted by efforts to dance on the graves of Steve Branch, Michael Moore, and Christopher Byers by doing otherwise.

No, I meant most certainly did not mean that because I take this topic seriously, and I'm revolted by efforts to dance on the graves of Steve Branch, Michael Moore, and Christopher Byers by doing otherwise.

Maybe it's just me, but that's one of the harshest accusations I have ever heard made to someone who is here only because they want justice for the three children and doesn't believe it was served. You've out done yourself.

WOAH - someone needs a :chillpill:

I was making a wry observation on the roving finger of blame that has accusations of guilt made without a lot of evidence to back 'em up.

Ie, I was agreeing with the general tone of the thread.

LOL <-- onoes, sum moar humour! quick, where's my appropriately grim grimface?!

No need to be grim, but solemn is appropriate given the topic at hand.

Since so many people believed Mark Byers committed the murders back he was the parent of choice to blame, and at least some still inisit there was sufficient reason to look into Byers, I'm interested in compiling a list of what people have considered to be the evidence against him. In that regard I've come up with:

1. A pocket knife of his with blood on it of the same type as his son, himself, and many millions of other people.

2. Wounds on his son which some insisted were a human bite mark even though those wounds looks very different than human bite marks, combined with the fact that Byers wound up toothless between the time of the murders and when claims of human bite marks came up.

3. His peculiarity in general.

Have I missed anything?

It's more than they've got on Terry Hobbs, you know the old 'let's go after the parents' strategy is on the same par as the 'George buried her! Oh and he abused me and all when I was a kid and that's why I'm such a liar, it's all dad's fault' defense from the Casey Anthony case. How this can be endorsed I have no idea, I mean they are free for god's sake, it's a lot more than was expected, there is no real need to continuously harass an innocent man who also lost his stepson.

Even if Hobbs is NOT innocent, and there's some evidence to actually back that up, why blah all over the media rather than going to police with it. Or going higher up the chain with it, if the police are not eager to listen (which I doubt they would be, somehow)?

I think Hobbs is a total , and I think it's fine to discuss whether or not he's a good suspect. Because he IS one.

I just don't like the very public finger-pointing in the mass media and outright saying he's guilty, when that is very far from being proven - or even investigated. I like it less when it comes from people who are doing so to make somebody else look good.

See look, if it hadn't been for the WM3 going after TH then people wouldn't know enough to even feel comfortable calling him a 'total ' this is just one example of what damage has been done to him.

Yeah, I dunno about that. I think his criminal record for violence would have showed up sooner or later, being that he's a name in the case and his DNA's at the crime scene, etc - people are --going-- to look hard at a guy like that.

Which is fine, IMO. But it's NOT fine to say "he is guilty of murder" as many do, and very publicly with it.

eta: I feel just fine calling a man who can beat his wife and shoot people in the guts and attack women in the shower a ''. No probs there, for me, at all.

Yeah, I dunno about that. I think his criminal record for violence would have showed up sooner or later, being that he's a name in the case and his DNA's at the crime scene, etc - people are --going-- to look hard at a guy like that.

Which is fine, IMO. But it's NOT fine to say "he is guilty of murder" as many do, and very publicly with it.

eta: I feel just fine calling a man who can beat his wife and shoot people in the guts and attack women in the shower a ''. No probs there, for me, at all.

But he did not plead guilty to murdering 3 8-year-old cubs scouts right? The perps were convicted, plead guilty and served time now on parole for their crime.

But but I... don't have a mantra? :confused:

I'm talking about the Alford plea, which has become a mantra - "They pleaded guilty!" When we all know it's great deal more complicated than that, and in fact they stated they were innocent BUT pleading guilty.

Thus, the continuous bleating of "they pleaded guilty" as some sort of proof of guilt becomes mantra-like. Despite being inherently faulty.

See look, if it hadn't been for the WM3 going after TH then people wouldn't know enough to even feel comfortable calling him a 'total ' this is just one example of what damage has been done to him.

He brought being a "total " as you say upon himself. He didn't need any help from anyone else with that. Now, whether or not he's involved in these murders is a different question. The fact that there is evidence that points towards him justifies people questioning it. I'm no where near ready to say he did it, but I'm also not going to bury my head in the sand and deny there are reasons that justify LE looking deeper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back