State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution seems to be trying to extract a statement that Nancy vomited before she died to explain the empty stomach.

Cummings delivery drives me crazy. He sounds like he's on the left end of the intelligence bell curve with that slowwwww voice and those long hesitations.

He's not very smooth that's for sure!

Prosecution seems to be trying to extract a statement that Nancy vomited before she died to explain the empty stomach.

I don't think necessarily a statement that she did, but the possibility that she did because that would explain the small amount of alcohol and food in her system - AND that brad had a need to mop floors that night/morning.

There is a reason Cummings keeps bringing up this issue of vomiting prior to death.

Yeah, he just screwed up. Unless he can show Nancy didn't eat after 7:00 PM, he has to show that Nancy vomited. Or her body would have had food in her stomach if she was killed when she got home. So the lack of alcohol in her system and the lack of food would indicate she wasn't killed when she got home.

UGH the feed keeps dropping out. I'm going to have to replay the M.E. portion as a lot of it dropped for me.

Cummings delivery drives me crazy. He sounds like he's on the left end of the intelligence bell curve with that slowwwww voice and those long hesitations.

Me too! I live in North Carolina and there's nothing I love more than a southern accent, but DANG! He talks about as fast as pond water moves! Makes me afraid jurors attention is wandering.

Thank you! He's driving me nuts too. I could read the ME's face a couple of times that even he was getting impatient with the slow line of questioning.

Yeah, he just screwed up. Unless he can show Nancy didn't eat after 7:00 PM, he has to show that Nancy vomited. Or her body would have had food in her stomach if she was killed when she got home. So the lack of alcohol in her system and the lack of food would indicate she wasn't killed when she got home.

IMO, Howard blew this. His questions were very confusing for Butts, can you imagine how the jury felt? He seemed very unprepared and waffled between vomiting and being killed at midnight to eating at 7 and being killed at 1AM

The defense had clear, short points...she could have had coffee that am and killed after 7AM. I think that is what the jury will go away with.

Maybe upcoming witnesses giving lab results can indeed prove Nancy vomited. Not the ME's job to figure this one out. The defense certainly steered clear of that issue. We shall see.

So if she did vomit, would the theory be:

1. When she came home because she was drunk; or
2. During/after the fight with BC before death.

Seriously, Cummings need to be replaced as a presenter in this case. He's awful. Maybe he's better behind the scenes as someone who can help with strategy, but his delivery? I fear he's going to help lose the case for the state.

They need to get Zellinger (the other male ADA) to do the direct and redirect and leave Howard on the bench! (IMHO)

So if she did vomit, would the theory be:

1. When she came home because she was drunk; or
2. During/after the fight with BC before death.

I think they are attempting to suggest that NC may have vomited as she was being strangled...as a result of the action of being strangled, which would account for why there was little left in her system (and possibly there could be evidence in some other place in the case).

Cummings not only sounds 'slow,' in person I noticed he looks perpetually confused with the slack jaw look on his face, mouth hanging open, the glasses pushed down his nose, and the lack of a firm jawline. Combined with his voice and hesitations, he could put anyone to sleep, confuse anyone, and bore anyone to tears. I think he was a poor choice to present this case.

I think they are attempting to suggest that NC may have vomited as she was being strangled...as a result of the action of being strangled, which would account for why there was little left in her system (and possibly there could be evidence in some other place in the case).

Watch Donna Lopez's testimony again.

Watch Donna Lopez's testimony again.

Now don't do that RC! I don't have time right now to replay her testimony... tell me what you noticed! ;-)

ETA: I already know D. Lopez made the avocado salad which contained chopped onion and Nancy ate some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member