Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
cannon_jason.jpg

Missing Since: March 16, 1983 from Boise, Idaho
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: May 7, 1980
Height and Weight: 3'0, 37 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Dark blond hair, brown eyes. Cannon has a scar over his eye. He has two moles on his neck and possibly more on his back.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue and yellow shirt, blue bib overalls and black tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance

Cannon was last seen in the front yard of his family's residence in Boise, Idaho on March 16, 1983. His mother was supervising him outside, but she returned inside the house for a brief moment. When she came back outside, Cannon had disappeared. He has never been heard from again. Authorities believe Cannon was abducted by a non-family member. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Boise Police Department
208-377-6606
OR

208-377-6500

Does anyone have any more info on this case? This should probably be moved to cold cases and maybe that would increase activity?

Does anyone have anymore info on this case? I can't find anything except what is listed.

Jason Cannon (2) - Boise ID, 1983

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cannon_jason.html

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Dark blond hair, brown eyes. Cannon has a scar over his eye. He has two moles on his neck and possibly more on his back.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue and yellow shirt, blue bib overalls and black tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance

Cannon was last seen in the front yard of his family's residence in Boise, Idaho on March 16, 1983. His mother was supervising him outside, but she returned inside the house for a brief moment. When she came back outside, Cannon had disappeared. He has never been heard from again. Authorities believe Cannon was abducted by a non-family member. His case remains unsolved

By using google, I searched "Jason Keith Cannon" and found a few links, none with more detail than the charleyproject page. Thanks for bringing his story here. Do you know if in 83 there may have been abductions near Boise?

Do you know if in 83 there may have been abductions near Boise?

That's what I'm going to start investigating. Also, Thanks Mr.E! I'll be checking those out.
This one is extremely frustrating because of lack of information. They're treating it like a kidnapping, but why? Was everyone in the family ruled out? If they were, it's odd to me that they wouldn't have more posted info on this case. Was someone caught or charged and the case is "over" which would be another reason it seems to go nowhere.
At this point, I know nothing about the location per se...was it near an interstate? Water? Rural? Neighborhood? Was there any suspicious people in area? Did anyone SEE anything?
Where are the articles, the family?
This is going to drive me crazy...any help would be appreciated...

Uh...THREE 2 year old BOYS missing in the span of 4 years? Why is there no more information on all three of these boys?
NEVER found bodies or bones? I'm inclined to think its because they were all buried. It doesn't seem like anyone has connected these boys..all the same age for Gods sake!
Have to do some more digging!!

Plus, they have all three of them classified as non family abductions?! If 3 2yo boys have gone missing in a state now within 4 years there would be screaming from the rooftops wouldn't there?

I've been to both Boise and Grangeville, as I spent a lot of my youth in Idaho and had relatives who lived in or near both these places. Grangeville is an extremely rural town. Very small, surrounded by farms and ranches. It's the hub for a lot of nearby farming communities that are too small to have stores, schools, libraries, hospitals, etc. I remember when Ricky went missing; my granddad did not think he'd been abducted. My granddad thought he'd wandered off the property and been taken by a mountain lion, which is not beyond the scope of possibilities.

Plus, they have all three of them classified as non family abductions?! If 3 2yo boys have gone missing in a state now within 4 years there would be screaming from the rooftops wouldn't there?

I don't understand the lack of information on the case, newspaper articles, etc...

Mr. E, thanks for the information about the area you mentioned.

I wonder if we look further, we would find newspapers that were local to these communities "back then"? One little farm town I lived in back in the 80's had their own publication (not in Idaho) and I wonder if these towns had their own little newspapers that aren't running these days?

Does anyone know if archive searches of newspapers bring up articles from newspapers that aren't running any longer?

Thanks Mr. E.! The thing that bothers me is still that all of them are listed as abductions, not endangered and that as for Ricky's case, bloodhounds could not pick up his scent. If he wandered, wouldn't the hounds pick it up? But if he was snatched, the bloodhounds would have no where to go and not pick up anything true?

Perhaps Mr. E. could help us regarding newspapers in the area at that time? Also, in the early 80's while there was kidnappings of course, it was still a relative anomaly to hear about them. Particularly when computer usage was at a minimum. I could be wrong, but in rural areas I would think that peoples minds (particularly then) would immediately gravitate towards getting lost moreso than kidnapping. I'm just finding it completely bizarre that 3 2yo boys could go missing in a short span of time and have them all just "wandering" away. I believe LE also believes it highly unlikely because of the listing "abducted"...

Still working on known pedophiles/killers in area at that time...

cannon_jason.jpg

Details of Disappearance

Cannon was last seen in the front yard of his family's residence in Boise, Idaho on March 16, 1983. His mother was supervising him outside, but she returned inside the house for a brief moment. When she came back outside, Cannon had disappeared. He has never been heard from again. Authorities believe Cannon was abducted by a non-family member. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Boise Police Department
208-377-6606
OR

208-377-6500

This is the most horrifying case I've ever encountered for two reasons.

1) That child is a SPITTING IMAGE of me as a kid. The face, the eyes, the facial expression. I swear to God, when I looked at that picture for the first time, I nearly did a double take, I thought I was looking at myself. I'd give to see a compsite sketch of what this kid would look like now. If it comes out looking like me as I do now, I'm gonna be getting ahold of some people who will have some serious explaining to do.

2) My name is Jason.

3) I was a toddler around this time frame. I would have been slightly older than Jason Cannon, but...

4) I've had occurring nightmares and a strange kinship to the Pacific Northwest that I could never quite understand why.

I'm not insisting anything, that I AM Jason Cannon, or anything like that. However, I've viewed hundreds of threads on here and missing person reports galore since I discovered The Charley Project and DoeNetwork. I can honestly say, my heart did a double take when I saw this report and I have NEVER been spooked by a case as much as this one has spooked me.

Hi Green Hornet! Thanks for posting. As far as I know, there has never been an age progression done of Jason Cannon. But I will keep looking in case there is one lost in internet space somewhere.

Jason Cannon has two moles on his neck, and possibly more on his back. Do you also? Do you have pictures of yourself from when you are YOUNGER than 2? A birth certificate? A reason to believe that your "parents" are not really your parents?

Ugh..so little information. Mr. Ed....do you have info on the newpapers of that time? I'm also wondering if there were any active "illegal adoption" agencies that were discovered in the 80's that we know of. Two would be a perfect age to kidnap, they would never remember who they really were, and the people that bought them would get a good idea on their "looks".
I've also been working on Morgan Nicks case and for instance, Morgan nick is the ONLY non family abduction in the state of Arkansas (as far as records go back) but yet we have THREE 2 yo little boys disappearing from Idaho in a 4 year period that are classified as abductions...something not right there...

I'm on the other side of the country now, so I'm not sure how I could access newspapers from that area. However, I will talk to some relatives who still live in the area and see if they can come up with something.

Thanks so much Mum! I'll give the link a shot!

Went thru relevant newpaper sites. No dice. Furthest archive I could get was 2002...

See what you can find out mr. Ed!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back