REVISIT Caylee's biological father/Reverse DNA Profile**MERGED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
It don't believe it was Casey who claimed Jesus O was Caylee's father..
iirc,,.it was from ,what I remember reading the Orlando Sentinel blogs in July & August 2008)...sleuthers who put that theory out in the forums and threads on the internet..
Many were going by what Casey how he died and people came up with J.O, a UCF student, who passed away in a tragic car accident in May 2007

Found this for you.

Attorney: Ortiz Probably Not Caylee's Father

An attorney representing the family of Jesus Ortiz said on Wednesday that as far as they know, Ortiz is not the father of missing toddler Caylee Anthony.
Ortiz, 21, died in a car crash in Orlando in Feb. 2008. He attended Colonial High School with Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony.
In recent weeks, rumors surfaced on the Internet that Ortiz could be the father of Caylee.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17110771/detail.html

There is one real (dead) Eric Baker who, IMO, fits Casey's story better than the one found by LE.

Her story: Eric, accident, Georgia. Add from the "obituary" she wrote (IMO) on the computer: Eric James Baker, 12/8/83-8/11/07.

LE found: Eric F. Baker, 3/8/89-5/4/07, died in Kentucky in an accident.

Other option: Eric Lee Baker, 5/13/83-8/30/07, died in North Carolina in an accident.

This was in the February 18, 2009 discovery release, however the link no longer works. I am unable to find another source for it at this time, but way back, I did snap some screenshots. Does anyone know why this was in discovery?

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/textmessagelog.pdf

Page 19 of 59:

Death Certificate of Eric F. Baker (not Eric James Baker)
2wr3l7k.jpg

34ryu83.jpg

ETA: I'm sorry they are so big... I'm not sure how to resize them.... :blushing:

Gosh, this brings up a lot of questions. But it does answer one big one; there's absolutely no question now that the prosecution is certainly interested in the identity of Caylee's father. Obviously, they must think it has relevancy to the case otherwise they wouldn't have been investigating this person.

Forgive me if I am reading this wrong, but it appears that Eric F. Baker is mixed race. Am I reading that right? Could this be why she didn't want her family to know who the father was? My friend married a biracial girl and their kids look white to me. I don't know just throwing that out there.

Thank you so much, claudicici, for finding this. But wow, it just confuses me even more. Am I remembering right that on separate occasions Casey has claimed that both of the people (EJB and JO) listed in this "obituary" were Caylee's father? Is the following (that I copied from your source) supposed to be JO's or EJB's "obit?" Does this strike anyone else as eerie and morbid . . . or am I just dense? :whoosh:

ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
08-069208 COMPUTER FORENSICS REPORT
Eric James Baker
The following entry was located on the HP desktop computer about an "Eric James Baker."
Name: Description: File Created: Last Accessed: Last Written: Entry Modified: Full Path:
~DF13DE.tmp File, Archive 10/05/07 11:13:59AM 11/05/07 07:45:31AM 10/05/07 11:13:59AM 10/05/07 11:13:59AM 08-069208\S013J10X237614\D\Documents and Settings\casey\Local Settings\Temp\~DF13DE.tmp
Eric James Baker > in memory of an old friend:
"We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer." -Jesus Ortiz
forever in my heart.
someone special:
R.I.P. Eric James Baker 12.8.83 - 8.11.07>

here is a link to JO's myspace (it's not private so should be ok?)
http://www.myspace.com/xxupononexx
look at his "who I'd like to meet"
JO wrote that himself.
There was a comment from an Eric on that myspace to JO forever in my heart.someone special.R.I.P....and it was signed Eric James Baker...
this Eric left that comment for JO,that comment and that Eric James Baker quickly disappeared after all the speculation started...

Forgive me if I am reading this wrong, but it appears that Eric F. Baker is mixed race. Am I reading that right? Could this be why she didn't want her family to know who the father was? My friend married a biracial girl and their kids look white to me. I don't know just throwing that out there.

If my memory serves me correctly Caylee's DNA report indicated her father was neither hispanic nor African American so both of these men would not be candidates. jmo

I don't have time to find the exact spot - but I am 99.997% sure it was in Part 1 or 2 of the interviews linked in this story.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17567283/detail.html
"Cindy Anthony also told detectives that Caylee's father is an old friend of Casey's from school who moved to Tennessee or Kentucky and later died. She said it was a one night thing when both were going through a rough patch and she only remembers his first name was Eric."

Part1:
http://www.wftv.com/video/17565512/index.html

Part 2:
http://www.wftv.com/video/17566546/index.html

Hope that helps!

RBBM, ANJ. After finally discovering who your grand daughter's father is, can anyone here imagine forgetting his last name? (. . . and even more especially since she had been told it was JG the first time.) I mean this discovery would be a big deal wouldn't it? Big enough that the last name would stay with you. For goodness sakes, this is a huge whopper!!!

It's possible that KC didn't tell CA the last name, she may have just said "some guy named Eric). Heck, KC probably didn't know the last name herself!

Not only do i think LE KNOWS who caylees father is, I think the defense and the anthony's know as well. Will he be named at trial??? If anything to try and save her life unless her relationship with the father in some way directly led to the death of caylee. I can totally see the defense calling him during the penalty phase to try and show that maybe he didnt want the baby and forced her to live with the evil cindy. I believe it would benefit the defense more to out the father, for $$$$$ of course, and to save ICA. imagine the headlines on that one. the interviews omg!!! the defenses dream. But the prosecution does really not need the father to be named.

After watching that Geraldo clip, CA said KC and the bio-Dad made the "mutual" decision to not put his name on the birth certificate. Hmmmm - then why would she go through the whole JG paternity testing? Would this decision have been made after JG did the dna test? Leaving one to wonder, why would she have named JG as the father but not the actual father of the baby? KC knew who the baby's daddy was - but certainly did not want anyone else to know that . Where is the "obit" as the myspace posting is not an obituary that CA claims to have seen. No decisions were ever made in the best interest of Caylee, but rather the decisions were all made on the "whim of the moment" by KC - whatever served her need for that moment of time. I think LE did some searching on the bio-dad of Caylee initially to see if there was any connection to her disappearance, however upon getting into the information just exposed more of the A's koolaid lies. Such a sick and twisted family.

And wouldn't the State like to know who Caylee's father is to avoid an "ambush" at trial if he were on the defense list of witnesses. Plus is there anyone, anyone here who does not believe JB has asked KC that very question and asked her to be honest because her life could depend on it. jmo

And wouldn't the State like to know who Caylee's father is to avoid an "ambush" at trial if he were on the defense list of witnesses. Plus is there anyone, anyone here who does not believe JB has asked KC that very question and asked her to be honest because her life could depend on it. jmo

bbm
I agree lambchop..I believe JB has asked her who Caylee's father is...

bbm
I would say Yes...I read the same thing... Race: Black/White

If my memory serves me correctly Caylee's DNA report indicated her father was neither hispanic nor African American so both of these men would not be candidates. jmo

I remember that as well.

Some days I think they all do know who the father is and Jose will have an 'aha' moment during the trial claiming to have just discovered the identity and want to introduce it in order to do the SODDI defence.

I just find it so hard to believe Casey has no idea as to who the father is.

That is not correct, although so many people said it that it almost seemed like we read it in the reports. :)

That is not correct, although so many people said it that it almost seemed like we read it in the reports. :)

Thanks. I didn't pour over the DNA stuff, but I do recall Caylee's autopsy report stating that her bones appeared to be that of European ancestry. So I just automatically assumed that meant white and didn't think twice about it.

Didn't it say 1% for hispanic? I'll have to go back and look.

No.

FWIW, if we assume that the only options for a father are a US Caucasian, US African-American, or US Hispanic (which is questionable), and if we assume that the allele frequencies calculated in this study are fairly accurate: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:7KKEGjG1bgwJ:www.hartnell.cc.ca.us/faculty/jhughey/Files/allelefrequenciesstr.pdf+Allele+frequencies+for+15+autosomal+STR+loci+on+U.S.+Caucasian,+African+American,+and+Hispanic+populations&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiyvMoPzkRD3K-9OjEIvqwekY4XzmOTKsGoCIb7EvfKIN_bRnQkdfZRXawaSSJA_v4IM2lz6BZGFCH7AP-wfkD-WMXtcGIuC0nQCjwK4wPdQxBVXMh-DNKws4Bgfb1G8cHYbbAi&sig=AHIEtbRSzikMU8pRSS6Ug4QdbAThjVdMkQ, and if we derive Caylee's father's DNA profile by process of elimination from Caylee and Casey's profile, then I come up with the following probabilities:

29.6% chance of Caucasian father
54.1% chance of African-American father
16.3% chance of Hispanic father

Of course, the fact that Caylee had light skin suggests her father was not 100% African-American.

I'm looking for data that includes American Asian populations.

ETA: sorry for the short answer re: the 1% Hispanic. I meant to add a link and an explanation--didn't mean to sound rude!! :) I will go look for it.

ETA2: OK, p. 9 of this document is where the confusion came from: http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530294.pdf. What I think it says (oversimplifying a little) is that the mitochondrial DNA sequence observed in the hair in the trunk is seen a lot more often in Caucasians than in African Americans or Hispanics. But since mitochondrial DNA is passed down only through the mother, this tells us nothing about Caylee's father. It tells us only that the person whose hair was found in the trunk very likely had a Caucasian mother (which we already knew).

OK, I found data for more population groups. Looking at the data for "Vietnamese" in the table starting on p. 1 of this document--http://projects.nfstc.org/workshops/resources/literature/CODIS%20STR%20Loci%20Data%20from%2041%20Sample.pdf--it appears that Caylee's father is very unlikely to have been Vietnamese (about 1/10 of the already low probability of being Hispanic). Which is only interesting because the "Kenneth" mentioned in the diary at a time that (depending on your view of the evidence) might have been early in Casey's pregnancy is 1/2 Vietnamese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member