What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, what I was attempting to say (and not very clearly, apparently) is not that ICA may or may not blame herself in this fictional rape, but her MOTHER. Cindy is the one credited with making the comment that Caylee was Casey's mistake, not ICA.

That was the point I was trying to get to.... since Cindy has been credited with this statement, that it likely wouldn't fly as a defense that ICA was raped. Even if it were true, and ICA blamed herself for the rape, it is my opinion that her mother would not. I'm sure there are mothers out there who may blame their own daughters for being raped, but I would tend to believe they are in the minority rather than the majority. IMO MOST mothers would not call a child someone's "mistake" if said child were the result of rape.

That is all I was saying. I never intended to get into a discussion whether or not rape victims blame themselves. I am well aware of how often rape victims blame themselves, and therefore do not report the rape.

JMHO

So Sorry Snaz,
I misunderstood your post. Thank you for clarifying and I hope I didn't come across rudely (didn't mean to). I appreciate you addressing this issue.

Yes he can s ay that SoCal. He can say whatever he wants to say. There is no definitive cause of death. And KC does not have to testify - that is her right.

But don't they have to notify the state during the discovery phase if they have testimony concerning an accidental death?:

So we have RM with the shirt and access to ICA's car,possible suspect. GA with the duct tape, access to the car, ICA telling her friend it smelled after George drove it possible suspect, CA lying her AZZ off for three years had access to the car and duct tape possible suspect, LA doing something he knows he did per LE access to the car and duct tape possible suspect. Anyone of them could have done it.. reasonable doubt..JMO
Lock 'em all up...lol.

ETA: with the exception of RM 'cause he had absolutely nothing to do with this insanity.

bbm
Problem with that version of her story is that Cindy spoke with her by phone
many times and asked if she could please speak to Caylee. And she told Cindy she was with Zanny.

It is like using your fingers to plug holes in the dyke in Holland, you only have 10 fingers but there are 100 holes to prevent the water from leaking.

So sure you can address this topic or address that topic but ... how do you weave a story that covers all of the topics completely that make up a mountain of circumstantial evidence?

You cannot. There are more than enough 'gotchas' that cannot be explained away to lead right back to ICA as the only plausible perp.

Oh what a tangled web we weave ... as the DT adds more nuances to explain ICA's actions, statements, lies, etc --- it quickly reaches a tipping point where it is not 'reasonable' doubt but 'unreasonable' doubt.

Sure you can craft conspiracy theories but how far do you want the Jury to stretch their minds, their common sense, their life experiences, their humanity, their sense of right and wrong and, that all important hinky meter to accept the DT theory+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9?

I wonder if somehow the "events" described had something to do with kc's claimed seizures?

I am becoming more and more convinced that the defense team is not going to stick with only one SODDI but will present several. None of their theories would survive state's rebuttal or a close scrutiny by the jury but the defense will, nevertheless, try to overwhelm them with the huge number random possibilities. The defense might even say that because of the mysterious trauma that has caused Casey's mysterious "state of mind" that she's not even revealed to them what happened ~ But there are so many other distinct possibilities that it causes reasonable doubt. I don't think they can afford to put all their eggs in one basket; they'll have several tee-tiny baskets with one scrambled egg in each and hope that works. There is no single SODDI theory that is strong enough to hold up on its own.

The only thing that is certain is that George and Cindy will help them out as much as they possibly can without getting themselves too dirty. Oh, and the other certain thing is that this will get much, much worse before it gets better. :cow:

snipped

Defense Wants Someone Else To Tell Casey's Story To Jury

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense is trying to get someone other than Casey to tell the jury why she didn't report her daughter Caylee's disappearance for a month.

Casey's attorneys had wanted their mental health experts to take the stand in Casey's trial to explain her actions after Caylee disappeared, but they gave up on that idea last week.

Now, the defense has filed new documents (read them) asking the judge to let "someone else" tell Casey's story, but it's not known who. They don't want their experts to do it anymore, because then the state's experts would have gotten free rein in examining her.

But they are trying different tactics to bring in that testimony some way, somehow.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27602287/detail.html

It is like using your fingers to plug holes in the dyke in Holland, you only have 10 fingers but there are 100 holes to prevent the water from leaking.

So sure you can address this topic or address that topic but ... how do you weave a story that covers all of the topics completely that make up a mountain of circumstantial evidence?

You cannot. There are more than enough 'gotchas' that cannot be explained away to lead right back to ICA as the only plausible perp.

Oh what a tangled web we weave ... as the DT adds more nuances to explain ICA's actions, statements, lies, etc --- it quickly reaches a tipping point where it is not 'reasonable' doubt but 'unreasonable' doubt.

Sure you can craft conspiracy theories but how far do you want the Jury to stretch their minds, their common sense, their life experiences, their humanity, their sense of right and wrong and, that all important hinky meter to accept the DT theory+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9?

Thank you soooooooo much for this post. I feel much better now. Because you are 100% right. I don't think there are enough defense tricks in the world to cover all of ICAs lies and deceptions.

From the same article above:

It's not publicly known what Casey's new story is about, why she didn't tell anyone Caylee was gone, but prosecutors know and they say her story involves something she says happened too long ago to be relevant. Casey has accused her brother, and possibly her father, of sexually abusing her when she was a child.

Prosecutors say Casey's new story is not admissible no matter who tells it. They want Chief Judge Belvin Perry to prevent the defense from mentioning anything about it to the jury until he and both sides hash it all out during the murder trial.

Sheaffer says the judge will determine how long ago is too long ago, but believes he won't let the defense tell the jury about it, at least until after opening statements, and it's possible the jury will never hear about it.

http://www.wftv.com/news/27602287/detail.html

The whole mistrial thing is stupid. IMO Doesn't mean she would be free, so I don't get why they would want that. Just delaying the inevitable. :waitasec:

I completely agree..... so maybe ICA was thinking acquittal but, in all her exuberance at being set free, wrote mistrial. A mistrial does her no good at all, except, as you say, to delay the inevitable. She'd still be in jail. :loser:

I hope you all are wrong. The whole reason the SA filed that motion in limine was so that would not happen. If JP grants the motion in limine and they bring it in anyway, if true, that it's so prejudicial that the bell can't be unrung, there will be a mistrial. Then everything, from jury selection onward will have to be redone--if they have the money. Let's hope and pray this isn't part of their strategy!

Respectfully BBM

If the defense were brazen enough to do this, they should be thrown in jail, right along side ICA. There is no excuse for that kind of defiance and it should be severely punished!

Surely they aren't THAT stupid.........

I completely agree..... so maybe ICA was thinking acquittal but, in all her exuberance at being set free, wrote mistrial. A mistrial does her no good at all, except, as you say, to delay the inevitable. She'd still be in jail. :loser:

OT- but I saw your post on the Lawyer thread as to why the duct tape was still adhering to scalp hair after all that time....
I'm no Lawyer nor Scientist but I can tell you that hair is all but indestructible, it takes a strong chemical like Mr PlumR to unblock my bathroom drains when they get plugged up with the stuff.

Now,I think they are going to blame the sexual abuse on Lee! They might even say he took the baby.

Or, they can say KC left Caylee in GA's hands on the 16th. She thought the baby was safe with Grandpa, so she partied.

Only later did she discover that Caylee was missing when she talked to CA.

Ok, I get it now - both male family members molested her, but she was deathly afraid of Lee.

Remember the tears she shed when she saw CA? I think she was thinking about the terrible thing she was getting ready to put her mother through (blaming her son and husband). No, let me rephrase that: KC was thinking that the jury would be remembering the crocodile tears she shed when she saw CA and that the jury would think she must have been thinking about the terrible thing...

But, it must be Lee and not GA because she already knows Mommy hates Daddy, right? We already saw how 'frushtrated' KC was at Lee during the hearing where Lee admitted he was going to share info she gave to him with the big, bad police department.

Let me ask this though: Without KC testifying, how can they change the whole story KC gave initially? I mean, JB can't get up there and say, "here's the real story," without somehow having KC speak. Is that allowed?? Please tell me it is not!

Nope.....now KC is asking for "someone else" to tell her story for her so she doesn't have to get up on the stand.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6361070#post6361070"]2011.04.19 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Has this ever happened before?

In the link above and here, http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27520527/detail.html, why does it list Home Depo vids on dates prior to June 15?

Does anyone think that there is video of KC buying ingredients in order to make chloroform?

Also there's Walmart video from July 23 - one date only. It seems there should be more videos from Walmart, according to someone's testimony
stating they saw KC and Caylee at a Walmart on June 16 iirc.

You know I thought it was kind of strange that CA was asked if she had any ammonia in her home.

Ammonia is formed when organic matter decomposes.
Google told me that....:innocent:

ETA I bet CA had to think for a while "I wonder which is the right answer? Should I tell the truth or not?"

You know I thought it was kind of strange that CA was asked if she had any ammonia in her home.

Maybe they have her on video for those dates because she was purchasing items to make "chloroform"? If they had been able to acquire the containers, they could have used the IPC codes to show where they were purchased?

Oh, sorry woebegone....didn't see the last part of your post but, at least we are on the same wave length.

Yes Baznme, that's what I'm asking. I wonder if anyone knows more about the May visits to Home Depo. It may have been discussed before. I'm not sure. That would be the kind of video that would really solidify that KC had been using chloroform to put Caylee to sleep. I don't know how the DT would defend that evidence.

Yes Baznme, that's what I'm asking. I wonder if anyone knows more about the May visits to Home Depo. It may have been discussed before. I'm not sure. That would be the kind of video that would really solidify that KC had been using chloroform to put Caylee to sleep. I don't know how the DT would defend that evidence.

It makes sense to me that is what they are looking at on those videos for those dates. I'm hoping anyway.

I just did a search on "how to make chlorform at home" and this is what I found. In reading the instructions, I seem to be picking up little bits of familiar info like a white powder substance at the bottom of the container,...that's the chloroform and should be removed with a funnel....i.e., or a syringe? Very basic ingredients. I'm thinking also the site where the remains were found may have been where she was keeping her "lab" out of site and available for when she needed a fresh supply?

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.howtodothings.com/health-fitness/how-to-make-chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members