**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why call him on the phone, leave a message about an upcoming event you know he will never see because you just killed him. She does not make sense. This has all the markings of her doing this because there was no one there to stop her and she gained a great deal of satisfaction from seeing him suffer. In a nutshell, there you have it, and this is what the state is trying to prove. jmo

I am sure she made the phone call to establish the fact that she did not know he was dead and lying in the shower. She knew his messages would be checked. That really does make sense to me and I can understand her thought---a little lol

I think there are a lot of weapons being toted by someone who's also carrying a camera.

She has admitted killing him, so there's no question she was, in fact, toting those weapons immediately after handling the camera. Thankfully, the jury does not have to figure out if Jodi could have shot, stabbed and sliced Travis-- she admits it.

Exactly why shoot someone you've cut from ear to ear and stabbed in the heart

Maybe she was trying to make it look like there were two perps; one with a gun and the other with a knife. ??

The whole killing was complete overkill. She just went nuts. In her adrenaline frenzy I think she just reallllly wanted to make sure he was dead and shot him just for kicks. That is what I see it as....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Since you can see the path of the bullet by using the entrance wound and where it ended up, if the ME says that the bullet HAD to have gone through his brain because of that, I will not question that he knows that for a fact.

Since he has no intact brain matter to see the EXACT location in Travis' brain the bullet damaged, there is also NO WAY for him to state with 100% accuracy which functions Travis did or did not have.

Many, many people survive gun shots to the head that travel through the brain. Especially for only the next 2-3 minutes that it took for Jodi to stab him 27 times and then slit his throat wide open.

IMO

The very fact that this portion of his brain was mush I would think would support the fact that there was significant brain damage from the bullet.

If you listen to the doctor's testimony it will become clear that he did say for 100% certainty that he knows what type of damage was done to TA's brain from that bullet passing through and ending up where it did. I tend to believe him because of the number of autopsies he has performed and the fact that he has a medical degree. Not sure why there is so much mistrust of his findings. jmo

I finally got to catch up on most of today's testimony and there were two things that have me actually laughing that Jodi had said...

1. If I would have done it, I would have worn gloves... I have LOTS of them...

2. When Det. Flores comes back into the interrogation room and is starting to sit down, she says... What kind of gun is that? He says..Glock Jodi: I'm just curious.

Everyday something new comes out at this trial from her that is so outrageously dumb that you can't help but to laugh out loud!!! lol

I am googling .25 semi automatic gunshot wound and seeing several articles where they are not all that powerful. Some people say to not get them for self defense because of their lack of power. Jamming is mentioned more than once.

I have been through the shower pics numerous times now, and I really think he wasn't posing, and she was taking those without his knowledge. I've studied the close up face shot, and especially the eyes, and he still looks frightened or startled to me. It's odd that she only turned the flash on for the last two pictures, the face shot and the shot of his lower body sitting in the shower. I also think the shower door was still closed in the face shot. The water seems to be running down the door as well as his face. But the door appears to be open in the shot of his lower body seated in the shower. There isn't the same water running down the door effect in that shot. Creepy.

I think he opened the door (like WTH), she snapped the lower body shot by accident (or on purpose), went to toss the camera (depressing the button once more that took the shot of the ceiling), and attacked him with the knife she was holding in her other hand. It's a small camera. She could definitely hold it in one hand and snap the pics. I tried it, and I have small hands. Does anyone remember if the ME said the wounds were right or left angled? (Sorry information overload, and I don't have time to go back to the ME testimony.) She appears to be left handed, so I wonder if she had the camera in the right hand (right handed camera) and the knife in the left, which would be her dominant hand.

I don't think those are scratch marks on his back - too patchy to be cat scratches. I think he had a lot of freckles and moles and that, along with the water running down his back, it somewhat gives the impression of lines.

It would not be that hard to sneak up on him showering if she had a zoom lens. And she could stash those weapons anywhere in the bathroom that was convenient to her, or even on herself if she were fully dressed. All MOO.

I do agree about the frightened look he had. He does seem shocked to me in one of those photos. The poor guy never had a chance. He never in a million years expected she would kill him. At least at that moment, although he did questioin if she was an axe murderer, but i think he was semi-joking and never really thought it could be true. I wonder if she heard about him calling her a suspected axe murderrer and became that.

Does anyone have a link to Dr Horn's testimony in full? I'd like to find out the exact position of the entry wound. So far the best I can find is above the right eyebrow, but that covers a lot of territory - I'd like to hear / see something more specific.

Aha, great minds think alike. Thanks for that. He only says "right forehead, passing down and to the left ending up in the left cheek." I've never seen that autopsy photo, so it could be almost anywhere...

Just a hypothetical question for folks that think perhaps the gunshot occured first....

Why did JA bring a knife to a gun fight?

we don't know she did. for all we know it was there.
the shooting first just makes more sense to me. If you have a gun and your victim is in a confined space why use a knife. I am inclined to believe that she thought it would be like he movies, one shot and he's dead. With his body in the shower, there is little evidence compared to dragging someone all over and leaving fingerprints and blood everywhere.

I think something happened with the gun and she was forced to face him toe to toe which she was not ready for. Thus the overkill. Jodi was scared of Travis alright but not until after she realized it wasn't going to be as easy to kill him as
she thought.

She has admitted killing him, so there's no question she was, in fact, toting those weapons immediately after handling the camera. Thankfully, the jury does not have to figure out if Jodi could have shot, stabbed and sliced Travis-- she admits it.

actually they have to - in order to find her guilty of murder or innocent on self defense

I am googling .25 semi automatic gunshot wound and seeing several articles where they are not all that powerful. Some people say to not get them for self defense because of their lack of power. Jamming is mentioned more than once.

It didn't need to be powerful. He was already dead from being stabbed a couple of dozen times and having his throat slit.

As was mentioned earlier, defense would have no interest in pursuing him being shot first because that would interfer with her saying she was acting in self defense. You don't shoot someone in the head and stand around and wait for them to recover enough to come after you. You run. She did not do that. She just kept trying to make sure he was dead. There seemed to be no interest in flight if she drug him back to the shower. jmo

Really? Thats it?

Not sure what you mean by this as it wasn't the only option that I posted.

My thought is, that if you shoot someone who knows you very well and he doesn't die and the gun won't shoot again, you'd darned well better make sure you finish the job. What else would you grab? Idk, but a knife might do the trick pretty well. It also might explain the severity of the knife attack. If I were a murderess, I think I'd probably panic a bit if I'd just tried and failed to kill someone who knew me and was much bigger and stronger than me and was trying to make his way out of the bedroom and possibly out of the house. She had to make darn sure that she did it with the knife while he was still in the bedroom suite.

Plus, as far as making sure he was dead, I'm pretty sure a knife wound that practically decapitated him and severed his wind wipe would clearly have been sufficient to do the job. No need for a coup de gras with a bullet from a gun that could possibly be traced to her gp's if you'd already killed him with a knife that might have already been in the house.

Just thinking out loud...

Aha, great minds think alike. Thanks for that. He only says "right forehead, passing down and to the left ending up in the left cheek." I've never seen that autopsy photo, so it could be almost anywhere...

The bullet is shown in the x-ray near the jaw.

The very fact that this portion of his brain was mush I would think would support the fact that there was significant brain damage from the bullet.

If you listen to the doctor's testimony it will become clear that he did say for 100% certainty that he knows what type of damage was done to TA's brain from that bullet passing through and ending up where it did. I tend to believe him because of the number of autopsies he has performed and the fact that he has a medical degree. Not sure why there is so much mistrust of his findings. jmo

Not sure there is a mistrust of his findings... Just unanswered questions as to how JA could stab a guy without him over powering her and so much out there of folks who have lived through gun shoot wounds to the head. And he did state that decomposition played a roll.

we don't know she did. for all we know it was there.
the shooting first just makes more sense to me. If you have a gun and your victim is in a confined space why use a knife. I am inclined to believe that she thought it would be like he movies, one shot and he's dead. With his body in the shower, there is little evidence compared to dragging someone all over and leaving fingerprints and blood everywhere.

I think something happened with the gun and she was forced to face him toe to toe which she was not ready for. Thus the overkill. Jodi was scared of Travis alright but not until after she realized it wasn't going to be as easy to kill him as
she thought.

But how do you explain no blood from the head wound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member