OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems dog were brought in:

Portland police initially responded to the missing-person call, using search dogs throughout the school and also searching on the school roof, said Multnomah County sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates, the incident commander. The search was turned over later Friday to the sheriff's office, as the school is not within the city limits.

However, by Saturday, a vast range of police agencies and a National Guard helicopter took part in a search that went house to house, field by field spanning a two-mile radius around the school at 11536 N.W. Skyline Blvd.

Also from the same report:

Gates would not comment on statements by a family member and others that Kyron's backpack and coat were found in his second-floor classroom.

Publicly sharing that kind of detail taints an investigation, Gates said, declining to answer other specific questions.

Story found at this link

Kudos to LE for keeping the public updated.

I agree... but they have reduced and become much further apart... this one tomorrow being 20 hours from the last press conference this afternoon. Hopefully, that means they will have answers after all the interviews they did today. Hopefully, that answer will be healthy Kyron.

Is his classroom on the second floor or isn't it?

Later in the morning-does that seem like 8:45?

How old could the reporting student be? Although I have to say that children notice a lot. And as one poster said, the child's reprot could be confirmed by a corresponding event. The child was out of the room for a reason, such as the bathroom

But once again, if it was later in the morning and he was by his classroom, what was he up to?

Seems like mom was walking Kyron to his classroom around 8:45am, waved goodby and left - that must have been on the 2nd floor,. Around 10-11am, he was seen by a fellow student at the south entrance of the building. (1st floor?). moo

I hope people are right and LE does have an idea and they are waiting for someone to show them where Kyron is.

It seems according to reports that no one saw him after 8:45 until a child saw him by the classroom later in the AM.

If this is true, Kyron managed to escape any detection of his whereabouts for at least over and hour or more.

I guess you can never predict what kids will do, taking Nadia as an example.

If the report of the classmate is true, i just wonder what Kyron was up to.

I hope they did more than just use dogs inside the school. We have seen many times the dogs fail to locate or give false readings, look an Annie Le, and the little girl that was killed by the teen, and also the false hits in Haleigh cummings. I hope they physically checked every inch of that school. I just have a feeliong he is in the school.

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

At some point that morning, Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked the boy as absent. But it wasn't until 3:30 p.m. -- when his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, met the school bus -- that she discovered Kyron had been absent from school.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

so is she speaking of a door on the 2nd floor??

sounds a bit contradictory to the other report :waitasec:

does he have more than one classroom?

IMO, a child predator was in the school open house for the science fair activities.

Kyron and the families are in my prayers.

I hope people are right and LE does have an idea and they are waiting for someone to show them where Kyron is.

It seems according to reports that no one saw him after 8:45 until a child saw him by the classroom later in the AM.

If this is true, Kyron managed to escape any detection of his whereabouts for at least over and hour or more.

I guess you can never predict what kids will do, taking Nadia as an example.

If the report of the classmate is true, i just wonder what Kyron was up to.

He was so proud of his project, I wonder if he snuck out of the school to try and find a real frog to go with his project, and he got lost

Am I losing it or wasn't there like a bajillion more pages than 4 earlier?

I'm I losing it or wasn't there like a bajillion more pages than 4 earlier?

Lol....new thread again.....and can someone find the link for me to the pictures of the classroom again.....I think we can tell from them whether the room is on the second floor or not perhaps.

TIA

Thank you,I at first couldn't find the other one and wondered if he had been found.It's not looking good with so much time passing,does it? :(

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

At some point that morning, Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked the boy as absent. But it wasn't until 3:30 p.m. -- when his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, met the school bus -- that she discovered Kyron had been absent from school.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

This report says that Kyron's room was next to the parking lot which is the north side. Other reports say he was seen by his room which is the south side.

This is disturbing whether it is north or south, being by an unsecured exit.

Is his classroom on the second floor or not? If someone was on a staircase by the classroom, they could have asked Kyron to help with something.

But what about the missing time? Where was he?

There are so many different stories, but at the same time is really is just additions to what we already know but some of the gaps are finally being filled in. Does that make any sense to anyone?

I don't think his classroom was on the 2nd floor of the school, she says door not stairwell.

KATU's reporter Meghan said she has spoken to Kyron's bio-mom and that she would like to talk but can't because she doesn't want to hamper the investigation.

That tells me that LE has asked the parents to keep away from the media. JMO

I found the pix in one of the news links, there are some where it appears to be a rooftop outside of the classroom windows, but I can not really tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd