GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Judge Jeanine says, "Police are franticly searching for the killer."

I've worked in crim law for a few years now, and I've seen it all. And I don't know why, but I just have a hard time believing it is SM. He honestly just doesn't fit the profile for the particular facts.

I also think it's a bit hasty to rule the boyfriend out. We don't know what, if any, interest the MPD has in him and what kinds of questions have been asked. I'm LG's age...and if I had been dating a guy that was almost 50 years old, had never been married, had an ex that had killed herself, and other than working for a prestigious law-firm doesn't seem to have much to add to a relationship with someone my age? MAJOR red flags. Hate to be judgmental, but I just don't get it. He was born in 63. I assume she was born in 84...just creepy any way you look at it. Sorry if anyone here has a similar age gap.
respectfully snipped

:wave: Creepy? Seriously? LOL As someone who has enjoyed a loving and fulfilling marriage of many years to a spouse sixteen years my senior, I take exception to that statement.

respectfully snipped

:wave: Creepy? Seriously? LOL As someone who has enjoyed a loving and fulfilling marriage of many years to a spouse sixteen years my senior, I take exception to that statement.

You say many years, thus I figure you are of a different generation than LG. My parents are 12 years apart and very happy. I'm saying for our generation, it IS atypical and not standard. I'm not saying they weren't happy. They probably were. But a good friend of mine from high school that just graduated with LG said that they knew very little of the boyfriend and that he generally wasn't adored by LG's friends. Thus, LG spent most of her time with him either in private in Macon or in Atlanta with his friends, many of whom have teenagers. There is NO doubt about the fact that they were in very different places in their lives.

respectfully snipped

No disrespect was meant...in any way. I don't think large age gaps are odd at all for previous generations, but I just know that they are very rare in mine. Especially a 21 year gap. Personally I think all women would benefit by finding guys at least 5 years older than them. Hah.

Col mustard....how can you be so positive the BF has nothing to with it here...you are very adamant on that...do you have info or sources?

Floyd Buford is an awesome defense attorney...and the lack of him jumping up and down and raising Cain about his client being held on two burglary charges without bail in which 2 condoms were stolen.......is very odd....very odd....the fact the BF didn't know her friends much and he didn't report something amiss when he had not heard from her in days is very odd.....I have said all along this is JMO...and it continues to be.....

Backwoods...I can't get around it either...scenario: this thing is so heinous, so bad, and SM did commit burglary....they cut a deal with him to stay in jail so the real killer thinks he is off the hook and then they slip up on the real killer....or flush him out with SM being the decoy....why else would an attorney as good as Buford go along with all this and not be raising hell about it all.......why else would his hearing for bond be moved to superior court and judge Self delay it again......just doesnt add up......I'm not in LE, but I have served ten years in public safety on the fire/ems side in a small rural county....I know from experience what public sees and hears is never really the way it is or the real way it went down....especially in bad or graphic or heinous situations.....LE can, and needs to be able to do stuff like that to protect the public....it may not be "by the book".....but they do it all the time.....I'm glad they do....it helps protect us and we don't even know or appreciate it....

This is all JMO

Do you really know of cases where they have done this?

My dad who has been a lawyer for half a century says the general public never knows what actualy goes on behind the scenes and the deals that are cut and the tactics used.... I have LE friends who will tell you the same thing.

We don't know about the tactics but they protect us.

Are you a lawyer or in LE ?

Col mustard...there are unwritten codes...like the thin blue line or thin red line...things people in LE or fire/ems don't talk about outside of the thin blue line or the thin red line.....there are things they see and do. The general public doesn't see or need to see....the general public couldn't deal with what a lot of what public safety deals with or has to do or see...trust me from the fire/ems side...I know

Do you really know of cases where they have done this?

I've only been an attorney for a couple of years...all I will say is it is a game we play. And it's tough. Because on one side, it does help law enforcement (who get attorneys to make these deals) solve cases, but you can't help but notice that it can occasionally ruin people's reputations and lives.

Cheif Burns says "we are getting closer"....

He looks very nervous to me, not very confident at all

Did the criminal profiler just say that we still need to find the crime scene? Did he say that he thought that there appeared to be some sort of ruse in which Lauren came willingly from her apartment? And that she probably went with someone she knew?

Did I get that right on the FOX channel?

I for one won't be surprised if the killer turns out to the guy in jail now. And I am hoping that they have the evidence back, either way, very soon.

I think they want it to be SM sooooo badly. And maybe it is...but from the fact that they've removed his whole freakin' apartment and still don't have enough to make an arrest (and don't believe for a second that the FBI hasn't gotten back to them- their turnaround is impeccable) is not a good sign for their case against him.

Did the criminal profiler just say that we still need to find the crime scene? Did he say that he thought that there appeared to be some sort of ruse in which Lauren came willingly from her apartment? And that she probably went with someone she knew?

I missed the show tonight...well, that's very interesting. Wonder where they got that from?

And if that was what was implied about the crime scene..really? That leads me to believe they have nothing and out of all the evidence they have sent to the FBI, I would think one of those apartments would've turned up something if it was the crime scene (and they've indicated all along that they thought it happened there).

I think they want it to be SM sooooo badly. And maybe it is...but from the fact that they've removed his whole freakin' apartment and still don't have enough to make an arrest (and don't believe for a second that the FBI hasn't gotten back to them- their turnaround is impeccable) is not a good sign for their case against him.

LE knows SM isn't going anywhere. So why rush the investigation? Make sure all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Plus, over 200 pieces of evidence? This isn't the only case the FBI is working. I also believe they have some results back which pointed them back to SM. I really don't believe they would go back to a dry well, so to speak, if the test results continued to rule out SM.

I took the profiler's comments as being a generalized procedure for how an investigation should proceed along with his theories of how it might have happened. I don't think he has personal, unpublicized knowledge of this case.

I missed the show tonight...well, that's very interesting. Wonder where they got that from?

And if that was what was implied about the crime scene..really? That leads me to believe they have nothing and out of all the evidence they have sent to the FBI, I would think one of those apartments would've turned up something if it was the crime scene (and they've indicated all along that they thought it happened there).

Granted, it was a combination of attorneys and a criminal profiler who were observing and speaking from their perspectives on the show (presumably based on how they had been briefed about this case), but I found it to be very interesting that (IMO) they set the groundwork for a lot of ambivalence about McD's involvement. It was interesting to watch the banter.

I'm laughing at myself for saying this, but in this case, I think Fox was being actually "fair and balanced" and that's a lot more than I can say for my perception of how things play out on a day to day basis in this forum. Sometimes I think we're forgetting how little we actually know. :twocents:

I took the profiler's comments as being a generalized procedure for how an investigation should proceed along with his theories of how it might have happened. I don't think he has personal, unpublicized knowledge of this case.

Neither do I. See my above post...everyone was speaking about their perceptions, presumably based on what they have been told about the case. I worked for CNN on and off for several years, and I know that every guest is heavily briefed and given talking points so they are adequately prepared to comment as intelligently as possible on news programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419