WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Reminder from Animal:

continue discussion here. We will not allow copy and paste of myspace or other social networking sites here. If you are asking questions there do not bring the answers back here, that is not what WS is for. If you want to say "look at this comment on whoever's page" that is fine but provide the link only. I removed thread 11 because I am not taking the time right now to go back and delete all the posts that need to be removed.

Also - note from me: You guys are doing excellent work. Lindsey is blessed to have all of you on her side.

Praying she is home soon,

Salem

Bringing this over from the other thread:

If someone has possible information they need to contact one (or two or all) of the people listed below.
Grays Harbor Police operations center at 800-281-6944

Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299

Grays Harbor County E911 Dispatch Center (360) 533-8765 (out of county)

McCleary Police (360) 495-3107 or EMAIL soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

That is what any of us would do if/when the information is given to us. Why not save a step and contact them yourselves if you have info. They are more apt to believe someone telling it to them first hand then they would if I called and said "Well someone on the internet told me that someone told them... "

SO.. IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THE LINDSEY BAUM DISAPPEARANCE... DON'T HOLD ONTO THE INFO WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO CONTACT YOU. Use some common sense.. and CALL THE POLICE.

I just want to add that if those who have possible knowledge of Lindsey's disappearence don't hold back information. The Sherrifs office and the FBI field service agents are eager to here the publics concerns. At this point of an investigation nothing is ruled out and someone's info. could connect the dots. Personally LE has followed through with 2 of my concerns which tell me they are invested in this crime perpetrated on Lindsey. There are know stupid questions when a child goes missing and hopefully those who need encouragement to ask their questions will. Now with this in mind can anyone guide me in the direction of the person who is incharge of searches. After listenning to the Ron & Don radio show it seems searches might need some guidence & trained foot searches. I have an idea that could help in the discovery of Lindsey. Thanks for the help. ~<3~ Off to feed the hounds! Whoops, a shout out to those on the ground searching for answers and those behind the scenes that are working dillegently.

I just want to add that if those who have possible knowledge of Lindsey's disappearence don't hold back information. The Sherrifs office and the FBI field service agents are eager to here the publics concerns. At this point of an investigation nothing is ruled out and someone's info. could connect the dots. Personally LE has followed through with 2 of my concerns which tell me they are invested in this crime perpetrated on Lindsey. There are know stupid questions when a child goes missing and hopefully those who need encouragement to ask their questions will. Now with this in mind can anyone guide me in the direction of the person who is incharge of searches. After listenning to the Ron & Don radio show it seems searches might need some guidence & trained foot searches. I have an idea that could help in the discovery of Lindsey. Thanks for the help. ~<3~ Off to feed the hounds! Whoops, a shout out to those on the ground searching for answers and those behind the scenes that are working dillegently.

Count me in!!!
Novice Seeker

I have spoke with those who run the search center and you should be able to direct your suggestions to any of the associated volunteers right here on websleuths; JVK, JenniferO, Breanna or Onamission.

The director of the search center has an email address that you can contact them through

lindseybaumsearchcenter@yahoo.com

Can someone please bump up the information for the vigil this weekend?

Candlelight Vigil for Lindsey Baum

When:
Saturday, September 26, 2009
8:00 PM to 9:30 PM PDT

Where:
Evergreen Christian Center
4th & Pine
McCleary, WA 98557

I just found that out a little while ago and was coming to post it so thanks for beating me to it :)

Goes directly to Linda, the director of the search center. Hopefully Kagey will email her and give her the information she has.

Maybe someone can help me find a past newspaper article that I remember - involved some good quotes from Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott on the subject of citizen searches. I'll do my best here to share what I recall:

It's not necessarily the case that LE doesn't condone or support citizen searches.

What is going on is that LE cannot be seen as using citizens as their agents, LE needs to maintain a clear chain of evidence and procedures so nothing gets tainted before possible court type action.

So it is not that LE doesn't want us to search, it is that they have to uphold their own rules and policies. We can search and then turn over any locations etc. to LE that we think they might be interested in. Then it is their turn to do their job.

This wikipedia article Chain of custody is helpful also.

Because evidence can be used in court to convict persons of crimes, it must be handled in a scrupulously careful manner to avoid later allegations of tampering or misconduct which can compromise the case of the prosecution toward acquittal or to overturning a guilty verdict upon appeal. The idea behind recording the chain of custody is to establish that the alleged evidence is in fact related to the alleged crime - rather than, for example, having been planted fraudulently to make someone appear guilty.

SarahC, that is correct. You explained it so well.

What a lot of people don't see when they are involved in these searches (or just hear about them) is whenever something "odd" or "out of place" is found it is tagged, and we note it on the paperwork that gets handed over to the LE. If something like a possible "crime scene" was to be found our first phone call (before the searchers even come back to the search center) would be to call the police. Every searcher is told to not touch anything, to be aware of where they are walking, and they have contact with the search center at all times. They are free to call us with questions and if needed we can go to the search location to check out whatever they found. If we feel it is something the LE needs to see RIGHT NOW we call them, they come out and we file a report at that minute.
Otherwise paperwork listing the search areas, maps and things found are turned in after a search weekend to the police. It's their job to figure out if it's related to Lindsey, another crime or nothing.

JenniferO, you amaze me with your tireless dedication to Lindsey and her family. Thank you so much for helping them, and for helping the rest of "us" keep up with them!

a010.gif

JenniferO, you amaze me with your tireless dedication to Lindsey and her family. Thank you so much for helping them, and for helping the rest of "us" keep up with them!

a010.gif

Thank you coastal, but I'm just a small part of the group that is helping Lindsey.

sherip, jvk, destiney and breanna have actually been more active than myself. They are the ones who have gone out on their own time and searched. They are the ones that follow up on a lot of leads that we get from people online and in the "real world"
Because of work, my daughters soccer and also another project I've taken on (has to do with fighting with the school district in here in Montesano) I haven't been able to devote as much time to Lindsey as I would like to.

I know it looks to many people that we aren't doing anything. That is so untrue. We just can't talk about it in public because IF we are onto something we can't jeopardize Lindseys case.

LE is not actively searching.. but they are active in the searches. We notify them and talk to them on a regular basis. That's just the way something like this works. They say they follow up on the info we give them.. if that's true or not, I have no idea because I stay out of that end of it.
As much as it sucks.. the police don't have the man power, time or the money to spend looking for Lindsey.. that's why we are here. We are the extra set of eyes for the police. Without volunteers many missing children would never be found. It's a sad reality that I wish could be changed..

news story 9/25
KXRO

SEARCH WARRANTS SERVED IN LINDSEY BAUM CASE

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff, FBI and other agencies are serving search warrants in the McCleary area over the next three days. Sheriff Sergeant Steve Shumate says the search is related to the three month long search for Lindsey Baum, an 11 year old McCleary girl who went missing while walking home from a friend's house on the night of June 26th. - snipped

http://www.kxro.com/Article.asp?id=1389133&spid=

Gotta give kudos to those FBI agents many of us have spoken too over the course of this investigation. This means this case is being worked on & shared with GHSO and other sheriff's departments working alongside GHSO. In many cases pertaining to missing children the silent confidence displayed by all LE is a sign a job is being taken seriously. Operation P.U.S.H. "Pray until something happens" ~<3~

KOMO News 9/25

Search warrants issued in Lindsey Baum disappearance

Authorities are executing search warrants Friday at multiple locations in connection with the mysterious disappearance of an 11-year-old girl last June.

The searches, all in the McCleary area, are being carried out by the FBI, Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office and King County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey Baum disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house in the small mill town of McCleary, and several searches have been carried out since then for her. None of them has turned up any evidence.

But an official said Friday that authorities have received new, credible information that there are locations in the McCleary area that may yield evidence to assist in the investigation. - snipped

link: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/61475637.html

9/25 The Daily World

Deputies acting on &#8220;credible&#8221; tip

&#8220;Credible information has been developed that there are locations in the McCleary area that may contain evidence that may assist investigators in locating Lindsey Baum,&#8221; Sgt. Steve Shumate of the Grays Harbor Sheriff&#8217;s Office read from a statement this morning. &#8220;This activity is expected through the weekend. Due to the sensitive nature of the investigation and to reduce the risk of compromise, no further details of the current investigative activity will be released.&#8221;
- snipped

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/09/25/local_news/doc4abd00e90348c403452968.txt

Boondock, thank you for this link! You have always been one of those who keep up on this case and the media. This is good news as it stands for now. This makes me wonder if the children in school are sharing with adult school staff conversations concerning Lindsey's disappearence and who may be responsible. This also may have an effect on clues found in searches that may have not seemed important at the time of discovery. So search volunteers might want to go over paperwork due to this news report. Maybe new established search teams do not need to be brought in. P.U.S.H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie