Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of the rules of the site - but heard from a good friend (her husband works in emergency services) that they were looking around the Kholo area even before they found ABC. Apparently they used the sat nav in GBC's car to track its movements. Not sure if this is true? So does anyone know if sat nav/navman/garmin gives off a signal even when it's switched off?

So, the white 4WD that was reported, was definately ABC's white Prado, as far as you've heard?

Welcome Pullenvale4069, and thanks for posting, we really needed some fresh info!

So, the white 4WD that was reported, was definately ABC's white Prado, as far as you've heard?

She told me they used the sat nav to track the movements - and that led them to the Kholo area. She didn't mention which car - just assumed it must have been one of the two they owned.

Friends of mine (good friends) told me that they were at a dinner three weeks before ABC died. ABC and GBC were seated at their table. They said they were the loveliest couple, seemed very happy together and very friendly. ABC was a little quieter than GBC, but both lovely. They do not believe he had anything to do with his death as well. I am in the "I don't know who dunnit category", so "I wish someone would bloody tell me".:banghead:

I really hope so. Those girls need a parent.

Not sure of the rules of the site - but heard from a good friend (her husband works in emergency services) that they were looking around the Kholo area even before they found ABC. Apparently they used the sat nav in GBC's car to track its movements. Not sure if this is true? So does anyone know if sat nav/navman/garmin gives off a signal even when it's switched off?

I think that the police techs would have been able to download that information from the car's onboard navigation system. Just like emails, text messages etc they can still access the information even after people have deleted it, thank goodness for modern technology!

I think that the police techs would have been able to download that information from the car's onboard navigation system. Just like emails, text messages etc they can still access the information even after people have deleted it, thank goodness for modern technology!

Creepy to think how we can be tracked so easily when we think we're actually going under the radar!

Strangely one local very close to the action, on day one, said 'he won't have used the Prado, it's got GPS, they'd track it". I since googled what you need as a consumer to achieve that - seems you need to install a 3rd party product in the vehicle. Maybe the police are cleverer than that though, with better tech. The prado VX contains a pretty sophisticated looking GPS if this is it :
http://www.car-dvdplayer.com/PradoVXNavigation.html - could be a better chance it does more things in the ether.

PS oh yeah, of course, it would store details - given the police had access to it. I was thinking of finding it while it's on the move. What a dumbass :)

As for the local grapevine - we heard about the screams (on the Thursday night ABC disappeared) long before it was reported in the media. What I was told was that it was two screams followed by a low, deep roar.

Creepy to think how we can be tracked so easily when we think we're actually going under the radar!

Yes there is no such thing as privacy anymore. Just think of all the satellites overhead taking pics, never go sunbaking naked in the privacy of your own backyard you might find yourself in all your glory on Google Earth or NearMap, the quality of the images on NearMap is awesome.

Hopefully a signal and a time.

Strangely one local very close to the action, on day one, said 'he won't have used the Prado, it's got GPS, they'd track it". I since googled what you need as a consumer to achieve that - seems you need to install a 3rd party product in the vehicle. Maybe the police are cleverer than that though, with better tech. The prado VX contains a pretty sophisticated looking GPS if this is it :
http://www.car-dvdplayer.com/PradoVXNavigation.html - could be a better chance it does more things in the ether.

If it were me, I'd assume you couldn't track me if I had it switched off. But as we're learning about mobile phones, switching things off doesn't really do anything.

The only thing that would have saved him was not standing alone out on a major highway waiting for a bus at 13 years old.

To be fair there were no recent local events to give his parents the idea that the area was risky. If the bus operator had not let him down he'd most likely have been safely away from predators.

Up until a month ago, the chances of a Brookfield wife being found murdered in a creek were pretty slim too.

There's rarely an 'only thing' that would change these situations ... usually a combination of chance and bad luck.

So does the satnav hold details of where it's travelled, like history on a browser?
Thanks Ixnaye, you answered my question.

Yes there is no such thing as privacy anymore. Just think of all the satellites overhead taking pics, never go sunbaking naked in the privacy of your own backyard you might find yourself in all your glory on Google Earth or NearMap, the quality of the images on NearMap is awesome.

More likely Big Brother is looking to bust people with illegal swimming pool fences and non-compliant pools! ;-)

So does the satnav hold details of where it's travelled, like history on a browser?

Yes they do Mani, even if he had cleared the history I bet just like phones the Computer Tech Gurus would be able to still download the info from it.

More likely Big Brother is looking to bust people with illegal swimming pool fences and non-compliant pools! ;-)

Yeah my brother was one of those said Council will never know about his new pool.....I told him about NearMap and showed him the lovely clear pic of his lovely new pool and was so clear you could see my sister in law by the pool.

Pool Fencing is now on the agenda......:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members