*RIP*Jeff Conaway UPDATED 2011.05.27

How awful. Praying for a full recovery.

I loved him in Taxi and Grease. I pray he makes it through.

Poor guy has had his share of demons to fight. Maybe this horrible accident can help him turn things around.

I think he is tragic-he reminds me of Gary Busey and Dennis Hopper. They are going to go through life in their own way, TH with convention...

I don't think anything will turn him around... while he was on celebrity rehab, he fought getting off pain pills. I think with his co-dependent girlfriend he's going to end up dead sooner, rather than later. It's sad... he really was talented before getting addicted.

Oh no- Oh Jeff, why do you keep doing this to yourself? So sad.. I think he just may die from this disease. I pray this works as a wake up call!

I don't think anything will turn him around... while he was on celebrity rehab, he fought getting off pain pills. I think with his co-dependent girlfriend he's going to end up dead sooner, rather than later. It's sad... he really was talented before getting addicted.

No joke! Remember he tried saying he only took 2 benadryl? dude couldn't even talk right and he thought everyone would just believe him about the benadryl.

No joke! Remember he tried saying he only took 2 benadryl? dude couldn't even talk right and he thought everyone would just believe him about the benadryl.

I don't think I'd ever heard about his addictions (I have never watched Celeb Rehab and just must have missed any stories about JC). My heart breaks everytime I hear of this type thing about anyone.

I'm praying it's his wake up call too.

When someone has an issue with addiction to painkillers and are in an accident like this, does the hospital address the addiction issue when they treat the patient? For example, if JC is in a good stage of recovery from the accident, can they ween (sp?) him off painkillers in an attempt at addiction recovery?

I don't think I'd ever heard about his addictions (I have never watched Celeb Rehab and just must have missed any stories about JC). My heart breaks everytime I hear of this type thing about anyone.

I'm praying it's his wake up call too.

When someone has an issue with addiction to painkillers and are in an accident like this, does the hospital address the addiction issue when they treat the patient? For example, if JC is in a good stage of recovery from the accident, can they ween (sp?) him off painkillers in an attempt at addiction recovery?

They can't force him into treatment, no. But I'm sure they will encourage it. They also won't let him go through withdrawl "cold turkey".

They can't force him into treatment, no. But I'm sure they will encourage it. They also won't let him go through withdrawl "cold turkey".

The injuries sound severe (to put it mildly), I can't imagine anyone could tolerate pain at that level without heavy duty pain meds. Withdrawl would seem very dangerous under conditions like this. JMO. I pray he can pull through and recovers from his injuries and his addictions.

Here's a People link: (not much info) http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20337746,00.html

I looked for updates on his condition and haven't found anything.

He is going to have to have those pain killers. As long as he is hospitalized, doctors should be able to control his medications if they are able to limit visitors to keep out anyone who might try to sneak something in. His liver and other organs must surely be in bad shape from years of abuse. His current injuries and the meds he will need will only put more strain on those already damaged or weak organs.

If Jeff does make it thru recovery from his current injuries, I do hope he will be clear-minded enough to finally hate the addiction enough to make the final, terrifying leap to recovery from it. It takes tremendous courage to believe that life without the drugs will hurt less than life addicted to the drugs. It is like being desperate enough to believe in what seems to be impossible. It is so hard. You just have to give up and make it thru whatever misery it takes to come out alive on the other side!

I pray that Jeff, and all others who suffer from addictions will have the courage to trust God and accept the same mercy and grace which He gave me in recovery. I was finally able to truly trust God to take care of me without my addiction, (alcohol), and He has...He'll do it for anyone!

Susan

I am praying for Jeff. He already has many injuries and a bad back. He has all his addictions too. I pray for his recovery. I hope he will wake up soon and come to terms with his addictions. I use to love him on Taxi. He was once so hot too...

Thanks for the link-keep me posted.

Goz

Poor Guy :( Wishing him a gentle recovery.
Jeff Conaway has had his plate full for a long time.
IMO he may be more addicted by the time this is over :(
I hope I am wrong.

This train wreck has been a long time in the making. No telling how much longer the ride will be for this dude.

So sad. :( I really like him and I hate that he has had to struggle so. I hope he gets better.

He is going to have to have those pain killers. As long as he is hospitalized, doctors should be able to control his medications if they are able to limit visitors to keep out anyone who might try to sneak something in. His liver and other organs must surely be in bad shape from years of abuse. His current injuries and the meds he will need will only put more strain on those already damaged or weak organs.

If Jeff does make it thru recovery from his current injuries, I do hope he will be clear-minded enough to finally hate the addiction enough to make the final, terrifying leap to recovery from it. It takes tremendous courage to believe that life without the drugs will hurt less than life addicted to the drugs. It is like being desperate enough to believe in what seems to be impossible. It is so hard. You just have to give up and make it thru whatever misery it takes to come out alive on the other side!

I pray that Jeff, and all others who suffer from addictions will have the courage to trust God and accept the same mercy and grace which He gave me in recovery. I was finally able to truly trust God to take care of me without my addiction, (alcohol), and He has...He'll do it for anyone!

Susan

Amen, Amen, Amen! Keeping Jeff in my thoughts..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back