TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
why didn't DD get to go stay with his father CD?

-----

sorry my brain is not computing

or his grandma. That's what I'm saying. I think it's protective custody against the POIs and suspects. Neither Clint nor grandma could provide that kind of protection 24/7.

-----

I'm not sure either.
Btw,
I saw on the last thread that you ordered pizza for the searchers. You are AWESOME!!:rocker:

-----

I would imagine that CD and his mom and BD and her mom are all just so upset and all, that is would be better for him to stay with people who can take care of his needs; ie: laundry, dinner on the table every night; clean sheets; help with homework; etc.

Now I'm thinking it's like protective custody, as a witness, because I keep thinking how extremely odd it is that there are all those relatives they didn't place him with, and certainly there are a few who are loving and caring and adequate.

But if they need him to testify - and a 16 yr old is certainly an excellent witness - they would have a hard time ensuring his safety against multiple POIs and suspects. Leaving him out in the world just leaves him at great risk of being harmed to silence him.
bbm...

exactly beans..

why not place him with dad?

this seems protective in some nature.

I do not have my hip waders on or I would go back thru all 30 odd threads to find DD's attributions in media articles.

He has not been directly quoted per se.. except for the "deer in the headlights" statement in the affidavit.

He however has told his father when he left that home on the 26th... when he entered into that window on the 27th....

they have done well to isolate him from all outside factors at this time.

DD... my heart is with you right now.

IMO....perhaps DD shared with the LE...exactly what S was doing when he finally got into the house.....don't you think DD found it "odd"...with the "deer in the headlights look"???....Wouldn't you think DD would observe other "things" going on in the house after that?????.....and shared with the LE that information.....As I know of, there may be MORE to DD's account that we are not priviledged to know at this time....IMO

I would imagine that CD and his mom and BD and her mom are all just so upset and all, that is would be better for him to stay with people who can take care of his needs; ie: laundry, dinner on the table every night; clean sheets; help with homework; etc.

Remember that CD doesn't have his home anymore and is staying with relatives while searching for his daughter night and day with an infant.

Both parents have drug involvement.

DD needs to be with people that put the emotional and physical safety and well-being of the children first.

jmo

THIS IS NEWS TO ME!

maybe I have been asleep at the wheel but I was not aware that cameras now have GPS tracking of photos!

http://www.geotagsecurity.com/Did you know that when you upload photos to the Internet they can tell more about you, then you would want to disclose to a random stranger watching it? Where you live, where you spend time with your kids, when you are at home, and when you are not.

How is that?

Modern smartphones and cameras can add additional information to digital photos they create - date and time, camera model, and lot's of other information, including GPS coordinates of place where photo has been made. And when you upload such photo to your favorite social network it might either display this info explicitly, or just leave it intact and any user who's watching it can find you on a map.

I assume LE can use this to locate information on perps...
and perps can locate their victims as well? WOW! this concerns me greatly!

Is their any way for us to use this feature on photos and videos of SA that we already have? It would reveal his favorite places to hang out!

Texasmom, I agree with your post on the last thread. After all the press releases about evidence, 911 calls, suspects associated with SA... the timing of this public announcement that DD has been removed from the house seems indicative that a major storm is brewing in the case. I'm expecting a new suspect to be named soon. (If CPS removed him and placed him with Clint or Grandma, it wouldn't need to be publicized - there is a reason it hit the press, imo).

but why wouldn't he be at grandma's or Clints? I don't get it. Is there any reason they are unfit?

imo

So it doesn't say State care,it says protective custody,what the heck?

IIRC,I *think* protective custody is what they call it when they remove a minor from a questionable family environment. I have seen the term used before. I think from the information we have seen & heard, it was a good call for now. imo

Well Ill just say it. Maybe they are getting ready to arrest a couple of people and want DD in a home before they do it. jmo

ITA BeanE - especially here because DD is 16 - meaning he's not "little" (butterbean, Kyron's little sister). IMO DD is going to need even more suuport than the little ones because he can understand more of what is going on. That poor child. I pray for him every night.

Yes, that poor child...I can't begin to imagine the feelings and emotions he is having. My heart just aches for him. I really didn't think CPS would step in and remove him until his Mother....anyway...this is heartwrenching.

Why cant we just go with that DD is in protective custody and quit sleuthing on why DD is not staying somewhere else. We do not need to know anything else.. Okay?

I tested by sending a text from my cell phone to my landline phone and it went through immediately. A message was displayed on my cell that it was sending the text using Sprint's Text to Landline service. Then I received another message telling me it left the message on my answering machine. So I guess each company is different. Sprint can send text messages to landlines. I think they may charge extra for the service if I didn't have a special "all package" deal.

BTW, I learned today in the other thread about Airplane Mode, and sure enough, my phone has that option, too!

It's amazing how much one can learn from other Websleuths. Thanks, Sleuths! :woohoo:

IIRC,I *think* protective custody is what they call it when they remove a minor from a questionable family environment. I have seen the term used before. I think from the information we have seen & heard, it was a good call for now. imo

I know,it's just surprised me of all that has happened in the last two days and wham,something else.

THIS IS NEWS TO ME!

maybe I have been asleep at the wheel but I was not aware that cameras now have GPS tracking of photos!

http://www.geotagsecurity.com/Did you know that when you upload photos to the Internet they can tell more about you, then you would want to disclose to a random stranger watching it? Where you live, where you spend time with your kids, when you are at home, and when you are not.

How is that?

Modern smartphones and cameras can add additional information to digital photos they create - date and time, camera model, and lot's of other information, including GPS coordinates of place where photo has been made. And when you upload such photo to your favorite social network it might either display this info explicitly, or just leave it intact and any user who's watching it can find you on a map.

I assume LE can use this to locate information on perps...
and perps can locate their victims as well? WOW! this concerns me greatly!

Is their any way for us to use this feature on photos and videos of SA that we already have? It would reveal his favorite places to hang out!

It has to be enabled on the device. I have an option to leave my 'footprint' (my exact location) on Websleuths/Tapatalk when I post from my iphone. So far, I haven't.

Both parents have drug involvement.

DD needs to be with people that put the emotional and physical safety and well-being of the children first.

jmo

If they didn't let kids stay with those parents who have minor drug arrests/histories, there would be precious few kids with parents.

Certainly Grandma would be fine as well imo.

He isn't 5 he is 16, this removal from his parents against his will must be even more traumatic.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member