TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missie, perhaps you can call Sgt. Davis and ask him what other pictures you can send to help with the age progression.

Missie, we are here for you to help find Deanna, my friend. I am ready and will do what ever I can to help. Like Salem said these investigations can by cyclic.

I hope you and your family are doing well:blowkiss:.

Lion

This is a snippet of an email Sgt.Davis sent me today

I have worked a "deal" with the
local Crime stoppers to run Deanna and two other unsolved cases offering
up to $10k for information. (Crimestoppers normally only authorizes $1k
for information).

When I get back into the Great State of Texas I will get with the
Crimestoppers Coordinator and finalize the press release.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ALWAYS when I think Sgt.D is giving up on this he comes to me via email with a boost!! I'm so excited!

Ohhhhh Yea! Good for Sgt. Davis! This is good news. I hope it happens soon and someone responds.

I needed this good news!!!!

My prayers are with you Missie!

Salem

Missie that's great! Kudos to Sgt. Davis for his continuing efforts to solve Deanna's and the other cases!

Lion

Great news Missie! Really sounds like Sgt. Davis is truly one of the good guys.

Missie:

This must have given you such a feeling of wanting to yell out "yahoo". :woohoo:

I know you have been busy working (life is such a bit** in having to make money to live) and yet always having Deanna in the back of your mind and ws.

I am impressed that you have a LE individual that is still looking and searching to find out what happened to your sister. Especially, after this many years. What an angel he is. (I think some other posters called him that too).

Hope you and your family are doing well. How's the husband and kids?
And how about you working all the time?? LOL

Sgt. Davis truly is one of the great ones. Everytime I begin to question his efforts he throws whoppers like this one at me,lol.
Work and home have been hectic to say the least. My husband and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary yesterday. Things have been going very well with us and I think our seperation last winter was our saving grace.
Our son is doing really well in school (he's such a smarty pants,lol). He will turn 8 on Monday (kills me to see them get older) so we will be having his birthday party tomorrow (which means I got a saturday off-amazing!!). Our daughter has calmed down SOOO much now that she goes to daycare. It's a home daycare and she absolutely loves it there, even begs to go on the weekends,lol. I love working full-time, even though it is exhausting. My department maager will retire in a year or so and really wants me to take over so she is showing me how to do everything. I'm not convinced that I will actually get the promotion-there is another lady that wants it. The biggest reason I want it is because I would work monday-friday, 8am-5pm which would be awesome.
Hope everyone is doing well, sorry I rambled but I haven't updated in quite a while.

This is a snippet of an email Sgt.Davis sent me today

I have worked a "deal" with the
local Crime stoppers to run Deanna and two other unsolved cases offering up to $10k for information. (Crimestoppers normally only authorizes $1k for information).

When I get back into the Great State of Texas I will get with the
Crimestoppers Coordinator and finalize the press release.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ALWAYS when I think Sgt.D is giving up on this he comes to me via email with a boost!! I'm so excited!

This is FANTASTIC news ! I'm sure it really lifted your spirits. Let's pray it helps bring the answers you are seeking. I frequently visit this thread and always pray there will be new info.

Hi MissieMT - I just spent the entire workday afternoon reading the threads on DeAnna. I am amazed at how far your search has come in such a short amount of time. You are truly lucky to Sgt Davis on the case. A lot of LE would not have given you the time of day. Sgt Davis or not, none of this would be happening if it were not for you and your efforts and the efforts and support of the great people at WS. I will continue to keep up with your thread. I am officially invested now! Good Luck and good wishes.

Hi MissieMT - I just spent the entire workday afternoon reading the threads on DeAnna. I am amazed at how far your search has come in such a short amount of time. You are truly lucky to Sgt Davis on the case. A lot of LE would not have given you the time of day. Sgt Davis or not, none of this would be happening if it were not for you and your efforts and the efforts and support of the great people at WS. I will continue to keep up with your thread. I am officially invested now! Good Luck and good wishes.

Welcome to Deanna's case, gaia:blowkiss:. Hey, I see that you are from NYC! I live in TX now, but used to live in NJ, Queens, and Long Island years ago.

I met up with Missie in ws chat yesterday, and she is hoping that Sgt. Davis has info to share when he comes back. He is away right now(forget why or where--sorry).

barb0301 said:
This is FANTASTIC news ! I'm sure it really lifted your spirits. Let's pray it helps bring the answers you are seeking. I frequently visit this thread and always pray there will be new info.

Barb, thank you for caring and visiting:).

Hey Julesleuther, thanks for the initial bumpity bump bump!!

Okay guys-a friend emailed me and said Deanna was in the local newspaper!!!! This is all I could find online, but hopefully I can get a scanned copy and it will have more. The reward isn't as high as Sgt.D first said it would be-but I can't help but be excited. This is the first time she has had any type of media coverage!
http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=25507&q=deanna+merryfield

Okay guys-a friend emailed me and said Deanna was in the local newspaper!!!! This is all I could find online, but hopefully I can get a scanned copy and it will have more. The reward isn't as high as Sgt.D first said it would be-but I can't help but be excited. This is the first time she has had any type of media coverage!
http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=25507&q=deanna+merryfield

This is great news, Missie! I just know Sgt. D. will do what he said he would.:woohoo:

Thank you Fairy1, it is very exciting!! Thank you all for checking in on Deanna's thread and offering such great advice.
Gaia-thank you very much for reading Deanna's threads. It is a lot to take in, and I too am amazed by how much progress we have made. I honestly believe that would not be possible without all of the great advice I've been given here!

Missie, I am so glad that Deanna was included in the story! Finally, after all these years the word is is getting out, and I hope and pray that someone will come forward with information.

Has Sgt. Davis got any new information about Deanna? I hope you and your family are doing well, my friend :blowkiss:.

Sgt.D emailed me the link to the story but said he had no other new info. Guess we just hope for a lead right now. I think I am gonna make another attempt to contact the paper and see if maybe they want to do a story. I had been told once before by one of the journalists that they were interested in running a story-but then he never responded to my emails or phone calls again.

Missie, perhaps the best chance of them to be willing to do a story would be now to follow up on one of the cases mentioned in this recently written article. Good luck, if you choose to contact them!

Lol, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking Lion! Hopefully they will want to do that. Right now I am making a desperate attempt to catch up on chores-but next week I actually have 2 days off in a row (WOW) and will call them then-if not sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member