NY NY - Stacy-Ann Sappleton, 26, Queens, 10 May 2004

I am a word-a-holic, and curiosity sent me to the dictionary, for that one. Means 'skeptic'.

Since most people during their lives use only 10% of their mental abilities, that word fell into my igorant well.

Some wells have more water in em than other wells. Hee hee.

Arielle said:
What does it mean?
To be technical:
"One who subscibes to the doctrines of a school of ancient extreme skeptics who suspended judgment on every proposition".

Sometimes, a car could rust through waiting for me to decide what I believe regarding any given case. I like to look at all angles first, even if my gut instinct goes a certain way. I'm not just a skeptic, I'm a REALLY SLOW skeptic.

http://www.canada.com/search/story.html?id=2cf5527e-57a8-4017-a959-492addb8c8ab

""Stacy's life was one of tremendous courage, unwavering motivation, dedication and the unfaltering drive to be the best that she could be," said Blair, who had planned to wed Sappleton in September.

"She touched many lives in many places and will be sorely missed by all who knew her and those who only knew of her."

Detailing Sappleton's recent accomplishments in community service, Blair drew audible gasps from mourners when he revealed, "most recently, she was getting ready to begin contributing her time and efforts to yet another charity, ironically, Crime-Stop."

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/24420.htm

"Meanwhile, cops have finally talked to the taxi driver who dropped off Sappleton near the Brookville, Queens, home of Blair's parents.

"She made it to the block, but there's no proof she ever made it to the house," a police source said. "

Grieving friends and family bid a tearful goodbye yesterday to the Canadian woman whose bullet-riddled body was found in a Queens Dumpster.
Stacy-Ann Sappleton, who was in the city making arrangements for her September wedding, was remembered in her homeland as a bubbly and caring woman.

"There was no feat too large or any task too small for her to roll up her sleeves," her distraught fiancé, Damion Blair, told funeral mourners who packed a Toronto-area church.

"She touched many lives in many places."

Meanwhile, cops have finally talked to the taxi driver who dropped off Sappleton near the Brookville, Queens, home of Blair's parents.

5/28 New York Daily News-
Police offering $10,000 reward for help in solving murder. Detectives stumped after search warrant, cell phone records and grilling cabbie. (No mention of tracking dogs)Autopsy revealed she died two days after disappearance. Found behind a Key Foods supermarket.

Very strange case.

Thank you for the interesting update. Wish we could get more PD's to use the bloodhounds. In Holland they have the ability to store scents for very long periods of time.

I can access information on this. I am in a big hurry now, later.

I think we would solve a great many more cases if we were Johnny on the spot with the dogs!!! The scents last for greater lengths of time that I think PD's are aware of. Needs to be greater technology and education provided for LE in general. Geeze!

The police want to test the rest of his family, but so far, have been unable to. Also, something about her phone records....
Maybe someone could please link the latest.
Hope they resolve this soon.

This is all I could find.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/25175.htm

The grieving fiancé of a young Canadian woman found dead in a Queens Dumpster has passed a polygraph test in connection with the investigation into her gory murder, police sources said.
NYPD investigators flew to Canada to give Damion Blair, 28, a polygraph as part of their ongoing investigation into the death of Stacy-Ann Sappleton, 26, who is believed to have arrived near her future in-laws' Queens home shortly before she was abducted in early May.
-----------
Law-enforcement sources told the Post investigators have also asked Sappleton's future in-laws in New York to take polygraph tests, but the probers had not heard back from family attorneys.

Cops are also checking Sappleton's computer, trying to learn whether she might have had a virtual relationship with her killer or killers.
-------------------

Cops said her body showed signs of a struggle, but there was no evidence she had been sexually assaulted.

----------

I live in Bronx and know the area where she went missing from. Contrary to what some people think:) there are some nice areas I live in one. That is also a really nice one middle class working people, not a crime area. At 9:30 there would be few people at home streets would be quiet. She was found in a dumpster that is stationary behind a shopping center.
I will tell you the leaks we get here but they are only rumors so you know how much stock to put in them. She got into a car with someone she knew, whoever it was lives around were the body was found. Now that is a bad area I would not go there to shop so that will tell you what it is like.

Didn't Law & Order do an episode based on this crime? I never really knew there was a real case out there. I know some of their shows are 'Ripped From the Headlines', but some are not.

No good leads. How strange. Points more and more to a random crime of opportunity. I just don't go anywhere without looking over my shoulder and thinking somewhere out there is a sicko. What a sad comment on our society.

Newswolf said:
http://www.canada.com/search/story.html?id=2cf5527e-57a8-4017-a959-492addb8c8ab

""Stacy's life was one of tremendous courage, unwavering motivation, dedication and the unfaltering drive to be the best that she could be," said Blair, who had planned to wed Sappleton in September.

"She touched many lives in many places and will be sorely missed by all who knew her and those who only knew of her."

Detailing Sappleton's recent accomplishments in community service, Blair drew audible gasps from mourners when he revealed, "most recently, she was getting ready to begin contributing her time and efforts to yet another charity, ironically, Crime-Stop."

"Meanwhile, cops have finally talked to the taxi driver who dropped off Sappleton near the Brookville, Queens, home of Blair's parents.

"She made it to the block, but there's no proof she ever made it to the house," a police source said. "

------------->>>Newswolf, I have re read through this thread. Early on, driver said she was dropped right at the door. Other thread links said she had been to 'the' home numerous times before.

Many of the links have expired.

Something that came to me that is something we have not considered, is tied to the last paragraph of Newswolfs that I have quoted here.

'''''''She made it to the block, "She made it to the block, but there's no proof she ever made it to the house," a police source said. ''''''

WHAT does this mean, my brain is telling/asking me, WHEN she first got into the cab FROM THE AIRPORT, was there another passenger in the cab, OR did the driver PICK up another passengers that he DID NOT TELL THE POLICE about. What route did he take in the beginning, asking her for directions - she making a call to verify etc. DID THE DRIVE TAKE A DEVIOUS ROUTE TO PICK UP a KILLER passenger, was he hailed down in the Airport area, OR OR hailed just after SHE got into the cab. DID this person who hailed the cab ask where are ya going cabbie, then cabbie said her block, and the to be killer/robber said hey I am going to blah blah which is just around the corner?

Cabbie lets his pre arranged robber/killer OR OR the ACCIDENTAL passenger set it up, by leading the cabbie into conversation about a potential double fare to the same area, by asking where ya headed - to which the cabbie blurts our the general area. I am smelling an involvement with another person WHO WAS ENABLED TO GET INTO THE SAME CAB. DID THE DRIVER DROP OFF THE OTHER PASSENGER FIRST, GIVING THEM TIME TO CATCH UP WITH THE MURDER VICTIM???

This is just way too convenient, However she could have gotten off just a bit off kilter or around the block when the Accidental passenger got off, and made the calls while she was walking to save some fare, am I nuts??

Would cabbie records reflect any of my hairbrained thoughts here. Perhaps cabbie was picking up extra fares going to the same general areas, and keeping the extra profit, so he is NOT going to tell the Police this little thingie, huh, er???

curious1 said:
Didn't Law & Order do an episode based on this crime? I never really knew there was a real case out there. I know some of their shows are 'Ripped From the Headlines', but some are not.

Yes, they did - I saw it!

How did Law & Order depict where she left the cab, at the door, or at the end of the block or where? I suspect they are great writers, but not sleuthers, am I right or wrong in my suspicions, or who could know the source of their information and correctness in doing the show?

I wondered that myself and tried to find this episode, but so far I have had no luck. I will keep looking. I know they are not detectives, but....at this point why not look at every theory put out, even the one by a TV show?

From May 2014:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/k...fter-the-new-york-slaying-of-a-tecumseh-woman

There have been abduction theories, reward offers and a feature on America’s Most Wanted, but 10 agonizing years have passed with no answers about the gruesome New York slaying of Tecumseh’s Stacy-Ann Sappleton...

Police ruled out her fiancé, a marine and computer engineer in Detroit. They also cleared Blair’s brother Mark, the only person home when Sappleton disappeared.

The news that a 21 yr old woman got in the wrong car thinking it's her Uber was murdered by the driver prompted me to go online to search for the case where a bride-to-be was murdered after taking taxi and having phone conversations on the taxi for directions to her destination. I perhaps wrongly remembered that it was the taxi driver who murdered her, but my search resulted only in this case, so I guess my memory was not accurate.

But, still, has the taxi driver been proven not involved? Had she been really dropped off the taxi? I thought a perp taxi driver would want to take the opportunity when the passenger was obviously confused about directions as shown by her phone conversations.

ETA: Last night while searching for this case I saw an article (which I can't find again for now) that, after mentioning the family complained about the 24 hour restriction to report missing persons, the police revised their account and withdrew the statement that she died less than 24 hours before being found. So police avoid responsibility by changing facts???!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back