FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on driving up from Orlando bright and early tomorrow morning. My prayer, though, is that they will find her tonight and I won't be needed.

If my memory is correct there is one right at the end of the parking lot/pick up area i want to say each side of it and then one on Debarry and Gano.

Cam would be able to say for sure since its been a few months since I was home. God bless you Cam for being there to help find Somer.
there is one at Grove Park and Gano...

not the first one, but the second one is Grove Park Rd, I do think. My son asked the crossing guard there, and he said that he was there when she went missing, and she never made it to there.....
that is interesting... makes you wonder about the sibbling's story then. It was actually LE who said the last seen was at this intersection when she walked off.

But now it has me wondering... how could she "walk off" at an intersection with a crossing guard??? This is a little hard for me to wrap my head around

We were told today, not sure the truth of it, but that she only made it past the first crossing guard...and that there are 3 between the school and the intersection..LE was parked near the area also for when the school children get out....according to who we spoke to today, she never made it to the intersection of Gano and Debarry...the news is saying otherwise...so I don't know. I went back to the area when school let out today, to see what side of the road she would have been walking on, thinking that if a car pulled up, they would more than likely be on her side of the street to take her, this showed me that the car would have been going the opposite direction, meaning back towards the school.....but I don't know for sure...

BBM

do they regularly have LE parked near schools there? (by there, I guess I mean in the states or in Florida b/c I'm in Canada)

BBM

do they regularly have LE parked near schools there? (by there, I guess I mean in the states or in Florida b/c I'm in Canada)

Every school my son went to in the area yes and same with the school my niece and nephew go to.

BBM

yes, they do, this helps with those speeding thru the school zones...if it is anything like at my son's school, they are always on their computer when you drive by.....just sayin....

that is interesting... makes you wonder about the sibbling's story then. It was actually LE who said the last seen was at this intersection when she walked off.

But now it has me wondering... how could she "walk off" at an intersection with a crossing guard??? This is a little hard for me to wrap my head around
I know, huh? I wish I knew the truth about this....we did ask the crossing guard tho....I just don't know.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed as I just picked up on this tragic abduction of little Sommer. I immediately googled the area and sure enough highway 15 runs about a block and a half away from the school. This reminds me of how close highways were from Lindsey's McCleary location.

It seems to me that predator groups are just driving the highways picking up young girls for potential sex rings. The idea that a week or so before this abduction another attempt was made in the same area. The idea that a female was involved in that previous abduction attempt along with a couple of males (according to eye witness accounts) lends some credence, imo, that much of this abduction stuff in the US, along major throughways, is related to child sex rings and perhaps the FBI should seriously investigate that idea and look for some sort of common denominator relative to what appears to be some sort of child abduction along major throughfares frenzy (for lack of a better term).

When I googled the area where Sommer was abducted my first thought was to zoom out and see if there was a highway through the area, and close by. It didn't take me long to see highway 15 just a few blocks away.

She's beautiful.
I was just going to follow this one in the news, but the news reports all conflict.
Then I was just going to read the thread, but it made my fingers itchy, so here I am.
Let's find Somer.

(This is my way of asking for a really condensed update.)

As far as what I've heard, she is in second grade, possibly first, 7 y/o. Was walking home from school with at least two other kids at 2:45-2:50 pm. Walked ahead, got separated, and in a 15-20 minute span on time, disappeared. No solid suspects, no solid leads except for the little girl that was almost kidnapped a week and a half ago. Seeking a blue 4 door Nissan. Residential, residual traffic area.
Do I have the basics?

yes, they do, this helps with those speeding thru the school zones...if it is anything like at my son's school, they are always on their computer when you drive by.....just sayin....

oh ok, please ignore the question I just posted then

thank you

I know, huh? I wish I knew the truth about this....we did ask the crossing guard tho....I just don't know.
it IS so perplexing! And also changes things up a bit.. I wish I lived closer so I could help search. I sincerely thank ALL of you who are doing so from the bottom of my heart...

let me see if I can explain this right....if they are walking home from school on the left side of the road....after passing the first guard, but before the second guard is a big sports area where they have local baseball, etc....woods also...on the opposite side of the road....this is where the command ctr is now set up. I would imagine that area was vacant at the time, due to the fact that the kids were just getting out of school....I hope they checked it out good there...

Massive Search Continues For 7-Year-Old
POSTED: Tuesday, October 20, 2009
UPDATED: 10:13 pm EDT October 20, 2009
<snipped>
"We're hoping for the best, but we're working as if it is a crime scene," Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said Tuesday morning. "Time is of the essence. Every moment that goes by is not in our favor. That's why the push is so hard."

Beseler said deputies were out all night using infrared cameras and dog teams to search the wooded areas. Beseler said when deputies finished interviewing the 58 registered sex offenders within three miles of where Somer disappeared; they expanded the search to a five-mile radius.

21348396_640X360.jpg

Uncut Video: 8 p.m. Tuesday: Mother Makes Emotional Plea At Vigil For 7-Year-Old's Return
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/index.html

Uncut Video: 5 p.m. Tuesday: Team Coverage Of Search For Somer
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21353409/index.html

Uncut Video: 11 a.m. Tuesday: Sheriff Talks About Search
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21350503/index.html

Uncut Video: 4 p.m. Tuesday: Somer Called 'Endangered'
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21352846/index.html

Article:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21346658/detail.html

:angel:

She's beautiful.
I was just going to follow this one in the news, but the news reports all conflict.
Then I was just going to read the thread, but it made my fingers itchy, so here I am.
Let's find Somer.

(This is my way of asking for a really condensed update.)

As far as what I've heard, she is in second grade, possibly first, 7 y/o. Was walking home from school with at least two other kids at 2:45-2:50 pm. Walked ahead, got separated, and in a 15-20 minute span on time, disappeared. No solid suspects, no solid leads except for the little girl that was almost kidnapped a week and a half ago. Seeking a blue 4 door Nissan. Residential, residual traffic area.
Do I have the basics?
you got it NMK.. did you also get the part that SP (boyfriend who lives with the family) was at home after school with kids while mom was working and sent the other two sibs out to look for Somer (supposedly... it was kinda ifffy speak at the presser) when they came home and said she had "walked off" and they looked for about an hour... than mom called to check in (normal check in call) and upon finding out she was missing left work and went to le

I'm not sure if this has been addressed as I just picked up on this tragic abduction of little Sommer. I immediately googled the area and sure enough highway 15 runs about a block and a half away from the school. This reminds me of how close highways were from Lindsey's McCleary location.

It seems to me that predator groups are just driving the highways picking up young girls for potential sex rings. The idea that a week or so before this abduction another attempt was made in the same area. The idea that a female was involved in that previous abduction attempt along with a couple of males (according to eye witness accounts) lends some credence, imo, that much of this abduction stuff in the US, along major throughways, is related to child sex rings and perhaps the FBI should seriously investigate that idea and look for some sort of common denominator relative to what appears to be some sort of child abduction along major throughfares frenzy (for lack of a better term).

When I googled the area where Sommer was abducted my first thought was to zoom out and see if there was a highway through the area, and close by. It didn't take me long to see highway 15 just a few blocks away.
that would be Highway 17, and then you have Blanding Blvd which is 21, and Wells rd, and Kingsley. This neighborhood is blocked in by these very busy roads.

you got it NMK.. did you also get the part that SP (boyfriend who lives with the family) was at home after school with kids while mom was working and sent the other two sibs out to look for Somer (supposedly... it was kinda ifffy speak at the presser) when they came home and said she had "walked off" and they looked for about an hour... than mom called to check in (normal check in call) and upon finding out she was missing left work and went to le

I didn't even know that there was a boyfriend, so nope, that slipped past me.
I'm still reading and trying to catch up.

Talking about the child sex ring.. which I really hate to do but I have to get this off my chest... I suppose they get by with it longer cause can't use a child as a sting operation.. like they do for drugs and prostitutes.. etcc.. but there should be someway for them to find these sex rings.. we go to the moon and send stuff up to moon just to crash into it and we can't protect our children better. can you imagine the prison they could build and run on that stupid money they use to go to the moon.. we will never be able to live there I just think it is stupid when the usa needs other things for the money.. like health care , schools .. crime protection.. grrrrr sorry for the rant..

I actually just moved from this area. I use to take the back roads to avoid blanding traffic to go to the doc every week. It is not quite a mile from the school. the school is pretty close, however for a 7 yr old to be walking it with or with out other kids imo should not happen no matter where you live. What bothers me is this, I know how many people are on that road when school gets out. There are is atleast one maybe two crossing gaurds between the school and Debarry, not to mention the other kids and alot of cars from picks or parents walking with the kids. So I dont understand how with all this around how no one knows what happened to her. I hope and pray she is found safe and is home soon.:praying:

I hope and pray she is also. Would most of the traffic be gone by the time the kids make it that far? I know schools here let out car riders before bus riders, in some age groups, depending on the school, or the other way around in other age groups. Not sure we have many walkers so I am unfamiliar with that. I live in the Country! But it is hard to imagine no one saw anything.

Well like the woman 10 days ago, seeing what was happening.

Angel, that map is wrong, her home is above the one marked intersection where the road curves to the left just a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes