2010.05.21 ~ Dad to Misty: Tell the truth about Haleigh

actually, it's a shame what Misty's parents have put her through. It's a shame what the parents have put themselves through. It's a shame what Misty has put herself through, & on & on it goes. My sympathy for Ma & Pa Croslin is just about spent & I can only imagine Misty's childhood, for her to have turned out like this.

As if other parents haven't failed their children in the same way or in other ways? So all her life now she can use this excuse? Don't blame me for any decision I have ever made, just blame my parents and everyone else?

No matter how a person has been raised it is their own choices they make that they have to be responsible for.

I have no sympathy for Misty. She certainly isn't the only child growing up that had bad parents or a bad environment but I doubt many of them are right in the middle of a homicide investigation with them as the key to solving it but keeps refusing to reveal her own involvement.

I doubt the Croslin parents had a rosy upbringing either yet I hold them fully responsible for their own actions.

imo

Whoa, whoa, halt the horses! Is she saying what I think she's saying? She wishes to be punished. Is it her oblique way of admitting she needs to be punished? DId she maybe do something that she deserves punishment for? I wonder what that is.

Maybe she just loves cleaning so much. Must be boring in there :waitasec:

When I listened to it it sounded more like Misty wanted something to occupy her time, she's bored and she doesn't want to be in protective custody anymore, She said "this ain't punishment...I wish they would make me come and clean and do stuff" Is cleaning punishment to her?

Around my house cleaning and chores are a responsibility that you earn with age and maturity and are rewarded for when done properly and well. It sounds to me like Misty has been used by a lot of people in her life and doesn't understand that you need to be trusted to complete these tasks and jobs, and that trust is part of the reward.

It is apparent to me that Misty has a part in Haleigh's disappearance, otherwise there would be no need for the numerous fairy tales she has told. The truth will not be so complicated in my opinion and it will make sense of all this senselessness.

Respectfully edited: If Misty is a consummate liar, then this is the one thing they taught her well. Babies aren't born liars.

Evidently, RC was rather proud of Misty's capabilities as an accomplished liar. Remember the headless rat incident when he wanted to see what a good liar she was? Seems that Ron was further reinforcing a "skill" that Misty learned well from Mom and Dad. :rolleyes: Way to go, Misty!

BBM

Ya, the karma is a beeyotch. :innocent:

I disagree. I have no sympathy :snooty: for "parents" such as Misty's when they have to deal with the consequences of having completely failed to parent. (Casey's too, but that's O/T here.) The Croslins are just reaping what they've sewn.

Misty's high-as-a-kite mother & father abandoned her with sketchy relatives as a child, failed to provide her a home, failed to see to her education, gave her to her brother and her brother's child-bride for babysitting services, introduced her to drugs, enabled her every bad instinct, signed emancipation papers and let this illiterate child marry a hot-tempered, drug-dealing, child-impregnating, controlling, raging murder-threatening, gun-totin', woman-smacking monster of a man.

IMO, The opposite is the case. It's a shame what Misty's parents have put Misty through. :nono: I get the sense even they feel badly about it.

If Misty is a consummate liar, then this is the one thing they taught her well. Babies aren't born liars. :baby:

ITA!! They should of never had any children with their selfish lifestyle!BBM

Misty knows right from wrong or she would be telling the truth. This may be the first time she has ever had to accept responsibility for her actions, the same as the rest of the incarcerated.
I wonder why many children that come from extreme, severe abuse at the hands of family, go on to excell in school and lead upstanding lives. Frequently, with no role model or family help. I suspect they made a decision very early to have a different kind of live and knew it would be difficult, but were familar with with that.

Whoa, whoa, halt the horses! Is she saying what I think she's saying? She wishes to be punished. Is it her oblique way of admitting she needs to be punished? DId she maybe do something that she deserves punishment for? I wonder what that is.

Maybe she just loves cleaning so much. Must be boring in there :waitasec:

I think she means the long boring days of staring at the four walls are beginning to take their toll. I think she wishes they would at least give her something to do, some chore, something to help break up the day and pass the time.

I know that a busy day, for me, flies by much more quickly than a long boring drawn out day of nothingness.

If that is the case, I hope they keep her behind those four boring walls, day, after day after day, ad infinitum

As if other parents haven't failed their children in the same way or in other ways? So all her life now she can use this excuse? Don't blame me for any decision I have ever made, just blame my parents and everyone else?

No matter how a person has been raised it is their own choices they make that they have to be responsible for.

I have no sympathy for Misty. She certainly isn't the only child growing up that had bad parents or a bad environment but I doubt many of them are right in the middle of a homicide investigation with them as the key to solving it but keeps refusing to reveal her own involvement.

I doubt the Croslin parents had a rosy upbringing either yet I hold them fully responsible for their own actions.

imo
you need to remember that Misty was only 16 when she got with Ron. That is her parent's fault. no excuses. When my daughter was 16, 17, 18,...I took full responsibility for her safety & I would never have signed marraige papers. & if God forbid, she had gotten mixed up with someone like Ron, I wouldn't have sat idly by. As for the Croslin upbringing? I doubt it was much good, but they've made their own beds, so now they can lie in them. no blaming Misty. How can Hank expect Misty to tell the truth now? I'm sorry, but he couldn't handle the truth. He only wants a truth that doesn't involve Tommy. & he's making that very clear. manupilation at its finest.

IMO Hank's motives for repeatedly urging Misty to tell the truth have a lot to do with wanting the spotlight off himself and his family. And it has become pretty evident that that will not be happening til somebody breaks.

I don't think Hank is interested in the truth so that Haleigh can be properly laid to rest or any other altruistic reason. Simply CYA. Can't get back to business as usual til LE stops looking at us. LE won't stop looking at us til they solve Haleigh's disappearance. Getting that kid of mine to talk is the only way outta this mess.

Misty is bored..Awww..perhaps all she has to do to pass time is sit in her cell and think about what happened to haleigh. I'm sure she can't stop thinking about her. Thus, the need for a distraction. I do believe the croslin family is close (the "I love you's") in almost every single conversation several times. If you try to compare Hank Croslin to Cindy or George Anthony, i'd say Hank is doing the best he can with what he's got. Very little education, and living somewhat like a gypsy, possibly drugs and or alcohol issues. It's a messed up life, but I do believe Hank is desperate for Misty to just tell the truth and get it over with. I only wish Cindy had been so pushy with her monster of a child.

Misty is bored..Awww..perhaps all she has to do to pass time is sit in her cell and think about what happened to haleigh. I'm sure she can't stop thinking about her. Thus, the need for a distraction. I do believe the croslin family is close (the "I love you's") in almost every single conversation several times. If you try to compare Hank Croslin to Cindy or George Anthony, i'd say Hank is doing the best he can with what he's got. Very little education, and living somewhat like a gypsy, possibly drugs and or alcohol issues. It's a messed up life, but I do believe Hank is desperate for Misty to just tell the truth and get it over with. I only wish Cindy had been so pushy with her monster of a child.
actually, Hank reminds me of Cindy Anthony. They are both very manipulative, & trying to save their kids. In Hank's case, he is worried about Tommy. I guess because of his age, his dad is concerned about the punishment. Tommy & his dad had a physical altercation, so Hank knows very well what he is capable of. Personally, I wish he'd stay away from Misty. When he tells her to tell the truth, but in the next breath, starts in on her, for hating her brother, my blood boils. & when he not so subtly threatens to leave, & not visit...I come unglued. Leave the girl alone, so she'll talk. & for the record, I think her's were real tears. Her family is all she has, & she has a real fear of being abandoned.

If the latest tale is of Joe holding a knife to her throat, that is the least believable
story yet!

How can anyone look at the picture of Misty and Joe hanging flyers the next
morning side by side and believe that story? Not me!

Unfortunately, she came out with this nonsense just as I was given some hope from her previous tape.[/QUOTE

The flyers were bad enough, but then she went to Nashville to visit. And it sounded as if she hung around Joe while she was there.

I'm not a fan of Hank but I do gotta give the guy a little credit. He shows up at that jail to visit every chance he gets even tho he knows his visit is gonna be plastered all over and scrutinized by everyone. I'm just not sure yet if it's because of his love for his children or if Hank cut a little deal of his own with LE. All my opinion. If it is because of love, I gotta admit I'm a little proud of him....

you need to remember that Misty was only 16 when she got with Ron. That is her parent's fault. no excuses. When my daughter was 16, 17, 18,...I took full responsibility for her safety & I would never have signed marriage papers. & if God forbid, she had gotten mixed up with someone like Ron, I wouldn't have sat idly by. As for the Croslin upbringing? I doubt it was much good, but they've made their own beds, so now they can lie in them. no blaming Misty. How can Hank expect Misty to tell the truth now? I'm sorry, but he couldn't handle the truth. He only wants a truth that doesn't involve Tommy. & he's making that very clear. manipulation at its finest.

I would be amazed that Misty hadn't hooked up with a guy older than her before she even knew Ron Cummings. I bet he was not the first guy older that she had been with. Imo, she wasnt some naive meek and mild child before Cummings. Imo, she is a manipulator too.

Yes, the Croslin parents can lay in the own bed they made just like Misty Croslin has to lay in her own bed and do the same.

I do remember how old she was. I also know many grandmothers and great grandmothers who were married at a much younger age than Misty was at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and they certainly did a fine job raising their children along with the man they loved and married and most of them stayed together for the rest of their lives.

At 16 Misty knew right from wrong. No one made the choices she made but her. Doesn't matter who a person's parents are. That is why good parents can have bad children and bad parents can have good children. It is all about choices of the individual child and no one forced Misty to do a thing.

I am thankful that all five of our children waited to get married when they were mature enough and then planned their family but I cannot judge others for getting married at 16 if the parents signs. I wouldn't approve of that personally but I have known those who both were very young when they married each other and it lasted a life time so who am I to judge them?

IMO

I'm not a fan of Hank but I do gotta give the guy a little credit. He shows up at that jail to visit every chance he gets even tho he knows his visit is gonna be plastered all over and scrutinized by everyone. I'm just not sure yet if it's because of his love for his children or if Hank cut a little deal of his own with LE. All my opinion. If it is because of love, I gotta admit I'm a little proud of him....

Hank has many human frailties but imo I have always believed he loves his children. Did he do the right thing all of his life or theirs? Nope, but the love, even though he may be dysfunctional... is genuine imo.

IMO

actually, Hank reminds me of Cindy Anthony. They are both very manipulative, & trying to save their kids. In Hank's case, he is worried about Tommy. I guess because of his age, his dad is concerned about the punishment. Tommy & his dad had a physical altercation, so Hank knows very well what he is capable of. Personally, I wish he'd stay away from Misty. When he tells her to tell the truth, but in the next breath, starts in on her, for hating her brother, my blood boils. & when he not so subtly threatens to leave, & not visit...I come unglued. Leave the girl alone, so she'll talk. & for the record, I think her's were real tears. Her family is all she has, & she has a real fear of being abandoned.

I think CA and HC are like night and day. There is no comparison.IMO

The reason Hank is talking to Misty about Tommy, is because every time she opens her mouth, she is accusing him of doing something. It started when then first were arrested. She ratted him out on a burglary, that had nothing to do with the drug bust. Every story she recalls or dreams has Tommy doing something.

Hank has a lot of common sense. That's why he want's Misty to tell the truth. IMO

I would be amazed that Misty hadn't hooked up with a guy older than her before she even knew Ron Cummings. I bet he was not the first guy older than her that she had been with. Imo, she wasnt some naive meek and mild child before Cummings. Imo, she is a manipulator too.

Yes, the Croslin parents can lay in the own bed they made just like Misty Croslin has to lay in her own bed and do the same.

I do remember how old she was. I also know many grandmothers and great grandmothers who were married at a much younger age than Misty was at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and they certainly did a fine job raising their children along with the man they loved and married and most of them stayed together for the rest of their lives.

At 16 Misty knew right from wrong. No one made the choices she made but her. Doesn't matter who a person's parents are. That is why good parents can have bad children and bad parents can have good children. It is all about choices of the individual child and no one forced Misty to do a thing.

I am thankful that all five of our children waited to get married when they were mature enough and then planned their family but I cannot judge others for getting married at 16 if the parents signs. I wouldn't approve of that personally but I have known those who both were very young when they married each other and it lasted a life time so who am I to judge them?

IMO
misty at 16 moving in with an adult man can't be justified by what others do. he's a dope dealer & had 2 small kids, & her parents shouldn't have let her get mixed up with him. & these decisions weren't out of their control...they chose to let their underaged daughter live like that-probably, because they were also living like Ronald, & raised their kids to live like that. I guess we come from 2 different ways of thinking. where I live, the parent gets in legal trouble if their teenager misses too much school. The law puts school attendance on the parent's shoulders, so the law most definantly wouldn't take kindly to a 16 year old moving in & sharing a grown man's bed-& it wouldn't matter if there was talk that the parents had let it happen before, or if the grown man was known to have done it before. It's still illegal & wrong. & a marraige after the fact, doesn't change the wrongness.

misty at 16 moving in with an adult man can't be justified by what others do. he's a dope dealer & had 2 small kids, & her parents shouldn't have let her get mixed up with him. & these decisions weren't out of their control...they chose to let their underaged daughter live like that-probably, because they were also living like Ronald, & raised their kids to live like that. I guess we come from 2 different ways of thinking. where I live, the parent gets in legal trouble if their teenager misses too much school. The law puts school attendance on the parent's shoulders, so the law most definantly wouldn't take kindly to a 16 year old moving in & sharing a grown man's bed-& it wouldn't matter if there was talk that the parents had let it happen before, or if the grown man was known to have done it before. It's still illegal & wrong. & a marraige after the fact, doesn't change the wrongness.

:yes::yes::yes:

Absolutely. We are in the "new age", and let's just say, things are different now.

Boredom in jail as punishment might be the only thing that cracks Misty.

Misty has only just experienced 15 weeks in jail and she is not doing well so how is she going to cope with 15, 25 or more years?

Admittedly she'd be in prison and have more to do but this jail time in solitary is key.

you need to remember that Misty was only 16 when she got with Ron. That is her parent's fault. no excuses. When my daughter was 16, 17, 18,...I took full responsibility for her safety & I would never have signed marraige papers. & if God forbid, she had gotten mixed up with someone like Ron, I wouldn't have sat idly by. As for the Croslin upbringing? I doubt it was much good, but they've made their own beds, so now they can lie in them. no blaming Misty. How can Hank expect Misty to tell the truth now? I'm sorry, but he couldn't handle the truth. He only wants a truth that doesn't involve Tommy. & he's making that very clear. manupilation at its finest.

You're so right. I was at Walmart yesterday and saw a missing kid flier sitting in a basket while the door greeter stickered my return. The girl is almost 18 and is with an 18 year old guy, yet she is being looked for instead of being allowed to just run off. Misty had no business being allowed to live with an older man and spend her time secluded taking care of toddlers at age 16. I'm wondering if maybe LE is beginning to get to Misty, and how she feels about her whole family using her for babysitting and possibly to get drugs. This type of resentment could be a motive for something happening to Haleigh.

I feel bad for Hank, but I agree; he needs to show her tough love. She depends on their communication. He needs to cut it off until she tells the truth...and not just something she saw in a dream. How many times are we going to hear the dream theory? Really now.
I can't wait for these tapes. The ones in the beginning were all positive "don't worry, I'm gonna be fine" but now things are starting to unravel.

bolded by me....Hank does need to show Misty some tough love...Quit enabling her by befriending her and just stay away from her for while...It is not too late to be the sort of father that he should have been to her...He needs to BE STRONG and Stay away...all in my own opinion..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back