2010.05.21 ~ Dad to Misty: Tell the truth about Haleigh

Morning nas, I actually started this thread based on the article that was released on the 21st, it was released before the tapes we already examined all weekend came out, those were the tapes. Sorry to burst your bubble...: (

I think the thread ended up getting locked until the tapes could be released and examined for content and now our mods have re-opened it for discussion. Unless there are more tapes coming, in which case I am not ready....lol

Well who asked you to burst my bubble anyway? I was more then happy to be deliriously hopeful. :p

When I listened to it it sounded more like Misty wanted something to occupy her time, she's bored and she doesn't want to be in protective custody anymore, She said "this ain't punishment...I wish they would make me come and clean and do stuff" Is cleaning punishment to her?

Around my house cleaning and chores are a responsibility that you earn with age and maturity and are rewarded for when done properly and well. It sounds to me like Misty has been used by a lot of people in her life and doesn't understand that you need to be trusted to complete these tasks and jobs, and that trust is part of the reward.

It is apparent to me that Misty has a part in Haleigh's disappearance, otherwise there would be no need for the numerous fairy tales she has told. The truth will not be so complicated in my opinion and it will make sense of all this senselessness.

:Jumpie: :Jumpie: Love it, well said! :Jumpie: :Jumpie:

I would be amazed that Misty hadn't hooked up with a guy older than her before she even knew Ron Cummings. I bet he was not the first guy older that she had been with. Imo, she wasnt some naive meek and mild child before Cummings. Imo, she is a manipulator too.

Yes, the Croslin parents can lay in the own bed they made just like Misty Croslin has to lay in her own bed and do the same.

I do remember how old she was. I also know many grandmothers and great grandmothers who were married at a much younger age than Misty was at the time of Haleigh's disappearance and they certainly did a fine job raising their children along with the man they loved and married and most of them stayed together for the rest of their lives.

At 16 Misty knew right from wrong. No one made the choices she made but her. Doesn't matter who a person's parents are. That is why good parents can have bad children and bad parents can have good children. It is all about choices of the individual child and no one forced Misty to do a thing.

I am thankful that all five of our children waited to get married when they were mature enough and then planned their family but I cannot judge others for getting married at 16 if the parents signs. I wouldn't approve of that personally but I have known those who both were very young when they married each other and it lasted a life time so who am I to judge them?

IMO

Slightly off topic but in reference to the portion of your post that I bolded:

Albeit Misty's reported "relationship" with G Page came after having met RC, according to his booking photo he was actually born in 1980 making almost 3 years older than RC who was born in 1983.
http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=760768&IMG=52125

So it could be true that Misty has had a propensity towards men older than her.

Slightly off topic but in reference to the portion of your post that I bolded:

Albeit Misty's reported "relationship" with G Page came after having met RC, according to his booking photo he was actually born in 1980 making almost 3 years older than RC who was born in 1983.
http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=760768&IMG=52125

So it could be true that Misty has had a propensity towards men older than her.

Just a note: ALL men would have been older than Misty.....cuz she was a teen.

Just a note: ALL men would have been older than Misty.....cuz she was a teen.

I understand that, but I don't think Misty has had a relationship with "all men" whereas the two men I posted about are reported to share that characteristic.

I understand that, but I don't think Misty has had a relationship with "all men" whereas the two men I posted about are reported to share that characteristic.

I have no doubt that Misty's proclivity for age inappropriate males is the classic 'rescue me' ploy (often referred to as a daddy issue) that many young girls left to their own devises fall into. The problem I have is that neither WBG or Ronald Cummings was held to the law which states sex with an underage person results in charges of statutory rape.

I have no doubt that Misty's proclivity for age inappropriate males is the classic 'rescue me' ploy (often referred to as a daddy issue) that many young girls left to their own devises fall into. The problem I have is that neither WBG or Ronald Cummings was held to the law which states sex with an underage person results in charges of statutory rape.

which IMHO is why MC stated she was "raped". Anyone older than her was "by law" raping her...IMO she traded sex for drugs cause she had no money MOO and it is the oldest "profession" MOO

Well it seems her mother and father wanted to know where she was all the time and opted for these " rescue me" type relationships rather than putting their foot down and forcing their child to attend school, which by the way is also the law, and we never saw those charges either. While LE has said that they will worry about all the "other crimes" associated with this case after they find Haleigh, I am not holding out hope that any of those charges will ever be filed.

Well it seems her mother and father wanted to know where she was all the time and opted for these " rescue me" type relationships rather than putting their foot down and forcing their child to attend school, which by the way is also the law, and we never saw those charges either. While LE has said that they will worry about all the "other crimes" associated with this case after they find Haleigh, I am not holding out hope that any of those charges will ever be filed.

Ain't that the truth? Anyone who wants to know what a child that fell through ALL the cracks looks like, take a look at Misty.

misty at 16 moving in with an adult man can't be justified by what others do. he's a dope dealer & had 2 small kids, & her parents shouldn't have let her get mixed up with him. & these decisions weren't out of their control...they chose to let their under aged daughter live like that-probably, because they were also living like Ronald, & raised their kids to live like that. I guess we come from 2 different ways of thinking. where I live, the parent gets in legal trouble if their teenager misses too much school. The law puts school attendance on the parent's shoulders, so the law most defiantly wouldn't take kindly to a 16 year old moving in & sharing a grown man's bed-& it wouldn't matter if there was talk that the parents had let it happen before, or if the grown man was known to have done it before. It's still illegal & wrong. & a marriage after the fact, doesn't change the wrongness.

While it is illegal now it wasnt for many decades. Girls young as 13 or 14 were getting married and their husband was usually older than them by a few years.

Ron was not charged with statutory rape and imo LE knew Misty had already gone with older men way before she even knew who Ron was. If it was so abhorrent then why can parents give legal consent for a teenager of 16 to marry and the age of the person they marry doesn't matter? Just seems counter opposing laws imo.

Yes, I think Misty pretty much did what she wanted to and they gave into Misty and weren't the parents they should have been. Imo, Misty was a very controlling unruly child at a very early age and the Croslins did what was easy instead of what was right. They gave into her demands to appease her imo.

There is no evidence that has been uncovered that Ron or Misty were dope dealers when they first met each other or even when Haleigh went missing.

Unfortunately lots of children don't live in idyllic homes. Over 25 million adults in this country are addicted to prescription drugs alone while millions of others who are addicted to alcohol or illegal drugs.

It just shows that even our school systems do not catch every child that drops out of school. Maybe the parents told the school she attended that they were moving.

IMO

For the answer to the question of Misty and older men, all I can say is look in Flagler County Florida for one Jeremy Miller or run him thru Florida's sex offender site. He is now a registered sex offender.

You are right Ellie, it is the law. If Lisa and Hank wanted to force Misty to go to school and abide by their rules back then all they had to do is enforce it and if she didn't abide by them then all they had to do is call the authorities. My daughter thought she was going to run the streets and not go to school and she found out fast I wasn't playing games. I called the authorities and they put her in jail over night and then she had to go before the court and explain why she didn't think she had to follow the rules. She ended up spending her last 6 months of high school on house arrest, but she got her diploma and five years later we are the best of friends and she has told me several times during the past few years she's glad I forced her to obey the rules.

"It just shows that even our school systems do not catch every child that drops out of school. Maybe the parents told the school she attended that they were moving."

School districts can't know about children who should be attending school if their parents haven't enrolled them. The Croslins were known transients (GMaH called them "gypsies") who didn't live long in any one place. Enrolling their children in school was probably not a priority, so the local school district might have been unaware of these children in a particular attendance area. Unless the family was known to Child Protective Services (or whatever the local agency might be) for some reason, there is virtually no way for children to be identified unless their parents make it known to local school personnel.

I don't know about Tommy and Timmy, but I know that Misty was born in Michigan, lived with her maternal grandmother in TN for a while, lived with her parents in FL at different times, and spent time with other relatives in CO. I'm curious about when and where Misty was ever actually enrolled in school, let alone attended regularly.

schools and school districts don't give birth to children, humans do. It is the ultimate responsibility of the mother and father to see that their child is educated to the best of their ability. It is also the responsibility of the parents to instill morality. This is a complicated issue and I think Misty is guilty and Hank is right to encourage her to tell the truth, but he needed to give that lesson a long time ago.

Misty has never heard a symphony orchestra, never seen a play, never studied art.
Misty's life is very limited and its her parent's fault. Hank can't make up for lost time. One of the sad things is that when you have a child who is learning challenged the whole picture changes, its not just a matter of forcing them to school. I wish more people in the US understood and if they can't understand the needs of children , they shouldn't have any. JMO

You are right Ellie, it is the law. If Lisa and Hank wanted to force Misty to go to school and abide by their rules back then all they had to do is enforce it and if she didn't abide by them then all they had to do is call the authorities. My daughter thought she was going to run the streets and not go to school and she found out fast I wasn't playing games. I called the authorities and they put her in jail over night and then she had to go before the court and explain why she didn't think she had to follow the rules. She ended up spending her last 6 months of high school on house arrest, but she got her diploma and five years later we are the best of friends and she has told me several times during the past few years she's glad I forced her to obey the rules.

I have two young ones ...thanks for being a mentor... Great Job!

IMO teens can have a propensity to older men and it does not negate the responsibility of the older men to stay away from the teens.

Apparently the laws about statutory rape aren't very diligently enforced.

Oh Hank... I'm not sure if you REALLY wanted to know the truth if you knew what that truth is.

I agree with you, elle. I figure there are hundreds of teenage girls who have had sex with older guys all over the country since that law was put into place, and never cried foul. It happens. First of all, her parents allowed Misty to live with Ronald, she moved in willingly, nobody forced her. And they were married, if only briefly. Since neither she nor her parents filed a complaint, I doubt that LE would consider it worth the trouble to prosecute.

The more I hear Hank ask Misty to tell what she knows, the more strongly I believe that Hank knows she is lying. Try a new tactic, Hank. Quit visiting her and taking her calls for awhile and tell her you'll talk to her when she tells the truth and see if that causes a new reaction.

BBM...I totally agree...Hank needs to change his tactics...What he is doing is NOT working...

I believe it was Einstein who said....." Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.....

BBM...I totally agree...Hank needs to change his tactics...What he is doing is NOT working...

I believe it was Einstein who said....." Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.....
Yeah, but I think Hank looks forward to those visits as much as Misty does. Hank is on the precipice, and the phone calls and visits with his children are keeping him from going over the edge. I do agree that a cold shoulder would be the more effective tactic.

Yeah, but I think Hank looks forward to those visits as much as Misty does. Hank is on the precipice, and the phone calls and visits with his children are keeping him from going over the edge. I do agree that a cold shoulder would be the more effective tactic.

I agree, he looks forward to the visits, Misty & Tommy being in jail are probably the only two things he is sure of when he wakes each day. I feel sad about Hank, I really do.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back