Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

http://www.wftv.com/news/28812244/detail.html
George, Cindy Attend Memorial On Caylee's Birthday
Posted: 12:26 pm EDT August 9, 2011Updated: 6:37 pm EDT August 9, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A nonprofit organization is buying the land where Caylee Anthony's bones were found and it wants to build a permanent memorial there in her honor, WFTV was told on Tuesday. George and Cindy Anthony were at the site Tuesday evening to pay their respects. They released balloons in her honor.
Visitors of the site told WFTV reporter Kathi Belich that they think the memorial a good idea, but they have a lot of questions about the nonprofit organization called Bring Kids Home.

VIDEO REPORT: Caylee Memorial Plans http://www.wftv.com/video/28815826/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/28812244/detail.html
George, Cindy Attend Memorial On Caylee's Birthday
Posted: 12:26 pm EDT August 9, 2011Updated: 6:37 pm EDT August 9, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A nonprofit organization is buying the land where Caylee Anthony's bones were found and it wants to build a permanent memorial there in her honor, WFTV was told on Tuesday. George and Cindy Anthony were at the site Tuesday evening to pay their respects. They released balloons in her honor.
Visitors of the site told WFTV reporter Kathi Belich that they think the memorial a good idea, but they have a lot of questions about the nonprofit organization called Bring Kids Home.

VIDEO REPORT: Caylee Memorial Plans http://www.wftv.com/video/28815826/index.html

Oh that's rich. Two people who have had at least one fraudulent charity foundation and probably just set up a second are questioning the non-profit organization wanting to set up the memorial walkway. That is just hilarious.

I've collected a bit of information on the group planning the Caylee Memorial Walkway. There are a couple facebook pages, a twitter account, website (bringkidshome.org) and a couple form 990's floating around out there. This group purports to have "acquired" the remains site land but there have been, so far, no deeds or mortgages recorded that I can find. And their website leads me to believe the land has not yet transferred to them, nor have permits been received yet. I'll post that info after this ('cause this post is a little long).

Link to Guidestar, 2009 form 990:

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2009/263/337/2009-263337415-06186014-Z.pdf

If it doesn't work, you'll have to go to guidestar.org and do a search. The address for 2009 was listed as Sussex, NJ. The group claimed fund balances of $340 for the year 2009.

The IRS link for this org's 2010 form 990N (e-postcard) filing:

http://www.irs.gov/app/ePostcard/di...sPerPage=10&names=&nameSearchTypeStarts=false

The org's address for the tax year 2010 was listed as Bellevue, WA. Financial info not available on that form. However, the WA Dept of Revenue has no record of the business, nor does their charity database. That I can find, that is. It could be there, I'll keep looking.
Remember, the guidestar.org site shows their 2009 form 990 as being in NJ.

I wrote to bringkidshome.org and received a reply that the org is based in Bellevue WA. Here's part of the reply:

Hmmm....they may have a 'contract' on the land but I'm not convinced they've actually acquired it yet, nor gotten the proper permits. JMO

So....not at all sure if the following has any bearing, but the Bellevue WA address also points to a man named David Sears. Then I found a link between Sears and Segura. Of course, many people use stage names.

Sleuthing of the address listed in the 2010 IRS filing found the following:

http://www.myfuturist.com/contact.htm

http://www.speakernow.com/espeakers/1473/David-Sears.html

http://www.faqs.org/copyright/flight-16-by-paul-obertelli-david-sears-chris-hancox-julian-2/

So, this could be a stage name that the org owner uses. But...are they located in WA or NJ? Or where???
From the website:

http://bringkidshome.org/faqs.htm

According to a public blog Tina Segura posted, she and husband Tim Eric Segura, ALSO known as David Sears, moved to NJ...

The following real estate transaction shows they moved from Bellevue in December 2006.....

http://seattle.blockshopper.com/property/8562400060/10455_ne_15th_street

So I am assuming this Bring Kids Home was ORIGINALLY set up while they were in Bellevue, using THAT address as the registered agents address...

and eventually upgrading address to reflect the NJ address in subsequent tax filings....

ETA: Seguras may now be living back in Washington state. Son's public webpage states that he was "born and raised in Washington", "moved to New Jersey for 6 years" and "now back living in Washington....

So may be why 2010 tax return reflects the Bellevue address?

Did we ever get much farther in discovering whether or not Cindy Anthony had actually trademarked.....or at least started the process...of trademarking Caylee's name, as reported by Lippman to the media??

Reason I ask is that this Timothy Eric Segura started the process of registering a trademark but it was abandoned.....(sorry, cannot post link as the trademark request includes the name of his son who is a minor.....)

Got me thinking about the timing of this "new" foundation in relation to Lippman's announcements about trademarking.....hmmmmmm

I heard it is going to take $200,000 to get it up and going and that it will include a statue of Caylee?

You have to wonder why the property owner has not built on this property to date. It may involve wetlands and not property suited for building anything. There is a lot of water in that area and it has to go somewhere. Descriptions of water knee deep running all along that area would be a real concern. Water will find it's own way and some swamp land is just not suitable to build anything on. What good is a walk that is underwater a good part of the year?

I just think for a company who only took in $50,000 last year in income this is way beyond their means. My guess is they are attempting to buy the land contingent on them getting the money and when that fails to materialize they will mail out those bricks to the donor as they mentioned they would do should this happen. Love to see where that $50,000 went considering no one gets a paycheck. It's just very hinky that someone would consider buying swamp land they are not even sure they can use for their project. It's a lot of money just to throw away.

Plus there is no thru traffic on that road, no place to park which might concern the school officials. I looked at the video and I must say I was saddened to see young mother's pulling their baby's hand along just to bring them back into those woods with all the snakes they have in that area. Also some of those who were interviewed are still angry and were quite vocal about it. Anger and sadness do not help children heal. They need to feel secure. This spot will always be about a mother who disposed of her child's body in a swamp, plain and simple. People will never get passed that part of it if they continue to visit this property. I find it disturbing. jmo

Oh that's rich. Two people who have had at least one fraudulent charity foundation and probably just set up a second are questioning the non-profit organization wanting to set up the memorial walkway. That is just hilarious.

Maybe I am misunderstanding quote in news article? :waitasec:

I read it as "VISITORS today to the remains site were questioning this new organization....NOT that the Anthonys were????

Appears to me that the Anthonys have abandoned the shiny new boat and their "close friends" the Millsteads in favor of this new "group"????

Maybe I am misunderstanding quote in news article? :waitasec:

I read it as "VISITORS today to the remains site were questioning this new organization....NOT that the Anthonys were????

Appears to me that the Anthonys have abandoned the shiny new boat and their "close friends" the Millsteads in favor of this new "group"????

In this article it states that Lippman is looking into the organization for the Anthony's . It would appear that this org is ready to welcome the A's with open arms.
Grandparents, dozens gather to remember Caylee
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...?cmpid=twitter

ORANGE COUNTY --
Caylee Marie Anthony would have turned 6-years-old Tuesday.

Among the dozens of people gathered to honor her memory at the site where her remains were found in 2008, were Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The two were there with balloons.
Anthony family attorney Mark Lippman said he is familiar with the memorial and is looking at whether or not the Anthonys will be a part of it.
George and Cindy told News 13 they haven't talked with Casey, who remains in hiding since her release from jail
Also-

RAW VIDEO: Cindy, George Release Balloons On Her Birthday

A nonprofit organization is buying the land where Caylee Anthony's bones were found and it wants to build a permanent memorial there in her honor, WFTV was told on Tuesday. George and Cindy Anthony were at the site Tuesday evening to pay...
http://www.wftv.com/video/28816598/index.html

In this article it states that Lippman is looking into the organization for the Anthony's . It would appear that this org is ready to welcome the A's with open arms.
Grandparents, dozens gather to remember Caylee
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...?cmpid=twitter

ORANGE COUNTY --
Caylee Marie Anthony would have turned 6-years-old Tuesday.

Among the dozens of people gathered to honor her memory at the site where her remains were found in 2008, were Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony.

The two were there with balloons.
Anthony family attorney Mark Lippman said he is familiar with the memorial and is looking at whether or not the Anthonys will be a part of it.
George and Cindy told News 13 they haven't talked with Casey, who remains in hiding since her release from jail
Also-

RAW VIDEO: Cindy, George Release Balloons On Her Birthday

A nonprofit organization is buying the land where Caylee Anthony's bones were found and it wants to build a permanent memorial there in her honor, WFTV was told on Tuesday. George and Cindy Anthony were at the site Tuesday evening to pay...
http://www.wftv.com/video/28816598/index.html

Gotta tell you....it is driving me CRAZY right now trying to recall it....but I AM recalling that Bellevue Washington was brought up at one point during the road to the trial in this case...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gonna have to consult with my sleuthing pal who has incredible recall....:rocker:

Did we ever get much farther in discovering whether or not Cindy Anthony had actually trademarked.....or at least started the process...of trademarking Caylee's name, as reported by Lippman to the media??

Reason I ask is that this Timothy Eric Segura started the process of registering a trademark but it was abandoned.....(sorry, cannot post link as the trademark request includes the name of his son who is a minor.....)

Got me thinking about the timing of this "new" foundation in relation to Lippman's announcements about trademarking.....hmmmmmm

I have to look it up again but last time I checked they had applied for the trademark but it hadn't yet been approved. I'll check in a few minutes.

Dangit, sorry. It was visitors, not the A's who were questioning the organization. I read it wrong. I guess my mind replaced visitors with the A's. Sorry for the confusion!

You have to wonder why the property owner has not built on this property to date. It may involve wetlands and not property suited for building anything. There is a lot of water in that area and it has to go somewhere. Descriptions of water knee deep running all along that area would be a real concern. Water will find it's own way and some swamp land is just not suitable to build anything on. What good is a walk that is underwater a good part of the year?

I just think for a company who only took in $50,000 last year in income this is way beyond their means. My guess is they are attempting to buy the land contingent on them getting the money and when that fails to materialize they will mail out those bricks to the donor as they mentioned they would do should this happen. Love to see where that $50,000 went considering no one gets a paycheck. It's just very hinky that someone would consider buying swamp land they are not even sure they can use for their project. It's a lot of money just to throw away.

Plus there is no thru traffic on that road, no place to park which might concern the school officials. I looked at the video and I must say I was saddened to see young mother's pulling their baby's hand along just to bring them back into those woods with all the snakes they have in that area. Also some of those who were interviewed are still angry and were quite vocal about it. Anger and sadness do not help children heal. They need to feel secure. This spot will always be about a mother who disposed of her child's body in a swamp, plain and simple. People will never get passed that part of it if they continue to visit this property. I find it disturbing. jmo

Personally, I think the bolded/underlined links (Project Updates????) are pretty questionable for a "foundation"....especially when the links take you to a site to purchase tshirts, etc....

Project Updates Posted Here

YOU'RE INVITED TO: August 9th Balloon and Butterfly Launch and Memorial Design Reveal

FAQ's About the Public Brick Purchase Program

Memorial Design Donated by JEFRE To Be Revealed on August 9th

Business Community Donate Funds, Equipment, Labor, or Materials

Low on Funds, Give $1 To This Effort and Skip a Soda or a Latte This Week

TV and Newspapers Made Plenty of Money Off This Story, Time to Give Back

Memorial Bricks is Only One Aspect of a Much Larger Coalition of Partners

Free Counseling is Available From Bring Kids Home if You Are In Orlando Florida

Video About The Memorial Project and Abused Children

Original Press Release About this Memorial Project

The Child Safety Article from 2008 That Generated the Idea for This Project
http://bringkidshome.org/camemorial.htm

I'm astonished that this org seems to be welcoming the A's with open arms because they've tweeted and stated, until today, that the A's had nothing to do with it.

As for their $50,000 income last year, I think that's an exaggeration, not sure tho, but their 2010 tax return only had to state an income of $50,000 or less.

Their 2009 return showed income of $4,000.

I note that Guidestar.org updated their info to the Bellevue WA address, from the NJ one. Yet when I contacted the org itself a couple weeks ago, the reply to me stated the NJ address. So who knows.

If this memorial goes forward, I don't think the Anthony's should have anything to do with it. Remember how they treated those who were gathering in front of their house during the 'search'? That's exactly how they feel about the masses who were trying to get KC to fess up, while the Anthony's coddled her.

And where would anyone park their cars to even visit a memorial? I remember how the neighbors complained and the police prevented parking in the area. That would be a ridiculous amount of money to spend for a memorial that no one would be able to visit.

Re the trademark--not approved yet since it takes three months to have an Atty assigned. It was applied for on May 17, 2011.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4005:grjnk8.2.2

Status http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85322494

Hmmmm.....did the A's also register this trademark? I noticed that it was applied for on the same date, May 17, 2011, by the A's Atty, ML.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4002:kn0rgl.2.1

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85322498

I use to work with trademarks years ago for a law department and from what I can remember proper names cannot be trademarked. The A's had "Justice for Caylee" trademarked which they could do. But just a common name, no. And they have to be specific about what they are trademarking such as a product, restaurant, etc. They can't just say we want to stop everyone in the world from using the name Caylee. Won't fly. jmo

I don't think it's appropriate either. I find the whole thing odd. At first they said they were starting in a few months, then that it would be done by next year. I actually e-mailed them and they admitted they had no permits but they were confident they whole community would support them. They have worked on no other cases as far as I can see.
On their web site it says some thing about the property will be transferred to them " as a memorial." :waitasec:

This is also on their web site. Looks like they're hoping for a shot at FCA's story, too. Doesn't say who does the counseling.

"Bring Kids Home provides free counseling to people in Orlando affected by this case. Including a standing offer of free therapy for Casey Anthony to come to terms with what happened to Caylee, bring forth the exact details of the incident, and abandon further attempts to profit from this tragedy."

They also don't now how to write a sentence.

I really hate to talk about murt :)sick: )- but back in the day, these folks contacted me about funding murties mobile. So...........

Now I am even MORE suspicious of this group, especially after seeing their adulation of George and Cindy today!!

The photo of the organizer of the memorial brick walk on Suburban, hugging George tells me all I ever need to know about his project. If he is going to put George and Cindy on a pedestal and openly associate them with the memorial project for Caylee .... I would NEVER EVER donate one penny to a project that honors George and Cindy after their support of the felon and lying in court.

For the project organizer to embrace the Anthonys in such a public way, would mean that anyone donating money to his group, would also be embracing the Anthonys and be in support of what the Anthonys are doing.

It literally made me sick to see the photos of Cindy and George turning the memorial today for CAYLEE into an event for Cindy and George to be front and center and to be the focus of today's event. They did NOT support Caylee during the murder trial, when they lied, under oath, to help their felon daughter. Nothing they are doing now is for Caylee.

Thank you for saying what I couldn't find words without violating TOS or cussing like a sailor to say.

I have been fuming since 5:15 ish when I heard and saw this on HLN. george saying to help all missing children -- when will he get the darn memo, Caylee was not missing she was murdered. (or drowned as the story goes....)

Telling myself to hit send and close before I blow like a whale.

Personally, I think the bolded/underlined links (Project Updates????) are pretty questionable for a "foundation"....especially when the links take you to a site to purchase tshirts, etc....

Project Updates Posted Here

YOU'RE INVITED TO: August 9th Balloon and Butterfly Launch and Memorial Design Reveal

FAQ's About the Public Brick Purchase Program

Memorial Design Donated by JEFRE To Be Revealed on August 9th

Business Community Donate Funds, Equipment, Labor, or Materials

Low on Funds, Give $1 To This Effort and Skip a Soda or a Latte This Week

TV and Newspapers Made Plenty of Money Off This Story, Time to Give Back

Memorial Bricks is Only One Aspect of a Much Larger Coalition of Partners

Free Counseling is Available From Bring Kids Home if You Are In Orlando Florida

Video About The Memorial Project and Abused Children

Original Press Release About this Memorial Project

The Child Safety Article from 2008 That Generated the Idea for This Project
http://bringkidshome.org/camemorial.htm

Red highlighted by me.

Quote from What'sthatclue: The other day I found a link that led me to TBC Productions, President and CEO is Eddie Delvalle. He's the one that has been leading the prayers, etc for the past two years or so at the remains site.

Apparently this TBC Productions has "merged" with Bringkidshome.org. And Delvalle is now an "officer".

http://tbcproductions.com/

The irony is rich........ jmo

Re the trademark--not approved yet since it takes three months to have an Atty assigned. It was applied for on May 17, 2011.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4005:grjnk8.2.2

Status http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85322494

Hmmmm.....did the A's also register this trademark? I noticed that it was applied for on the same date, May 17, 2011, by the A's Atty, ML.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4002:kn0rgl.2.1

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85322498

I believe so....wasn't there some pandamonium as to whether or not members were going to have to remove that phrase from their webpages, etc....and then Lippman/Anthonys came out in media stating they trademarked that phrase to prevent anyone ELSE from capitalizing on that phrase???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back