Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGettigan said it was important Dottie Sandusky said she couldn’t think of a reason why the accusers would lie…McGettigan says the question he was going to follow up with was “and you, so you know they’re not lying, right?” and she would’ve had to have said yes. (During this, Dottie leaned a little more in to hear, scrunched her face as if she couldn’t hear well).

by WGAL 1:34 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yRyvbHv4

But!!! I though she could hear JUST FINE?! (I hope the jurors noted that)

Hrumph! :snooty:

That's it for the pros:

After this, Judge John Cleland says -- We’ve spent not nearly as many days together as I had thought.

The deliberations can only take place in Courtroom 2 (where the jury has been headquartered since the start of the trial).

When the jury is taken to the hotel, they can’t take any phones, computers -- phones and TVs in the hotel rooms (they’ll be rooming separately) will be disconnected. The jurors cannot deliberate at the hotel.

by WGAL 1:37 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yRziA8Xj

Cut and paste:
A total of 4 #sandusky charges have been dropped...3 felonies for accuser 4, one felony for accuser 7.....total now is 48 charges
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 6:47 AM

In his ruling, released Thursday morning, Cleland says he would have been required to set aside any convictions on those counts, because "the verdict was not supported by the evidence."
He also dismissed a count that he says was the same as another charge.

Victim 4: Sandusky is accused of repeated involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. Prosecutors say more than 50 alleged incidents occurred between 1996 and 2000, at the Sandusky home, hotels and university facilities, while the boy was 12-17. He also traveled with the Sandusky family to bowl games in Texas and Florida. Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse (three counts), aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, unlawful contact with minor, corruption of minors, endangering a child's welfare.
Victim 7: They showered together and Sandusky bear hugged him in 1995-96, and more than once he put his hands down the waistband of the boy's pants, according to the grand jury. Sandusky did not touch his genitals, the jury said. The boy was 9-11. Attempted indecent assault, unlawful contact with minor, corruption of minors, endangering a child's welfare.

McGettigan said -- Now I feel like I have pieces of 10 souls in my pocket, pieces of childhoods ravaged, boys’ memories incinerated by this pedophile…I can’t give them back portions of their souls..but it’s what you can do and what you should do and what you must do.

McGettigan dramatically leaves the jury…and walks directly behind Sandusky, pointing at him. Sandusky, who had been smiling, nervously tries to keep his head toward McGettigan but uncomfortably turns a bit…as McGettigan continues (and gets choked up himself), saying -- He molested, abused children, horribly. You can’t give them back their souls. But he knows he did it. And you know he did it. Acknowledge it and give them justice. And give him the justice he really deserves.

by WGAL 1:35 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yRzLuBJU

This brought me to tears!

...and not the least of all, STOP him!! For good.

From SG's report:

Cleland dismissed the three alternates after the 12 jurors left the courtroom. He told juror 16 that she could leave, but jurors 14 and 15 were asked to stay and be sequestered separately from the other 12 in case they are asked to fill in for any of the 12.

Everyone involved in the case is asked to be on 20-minutes notice to return for a verdict, or for questions from the jury as they deliberate.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sanduskys_fate_is_in_the.html

Juror 16 has left the courthouse #SanduskyTrial
by sganim via twitter 1:36 PM

RT @PN_Dustin: Jerry #Sandusky just left Centre County courthouse after closing arguments. He shrugged to media, saying he couldn't comment.
by cvmikesisak via twitter 1:35 PM
Prosecutor McGettigan declines comment when asked for his feelings on the case. #Sandusky
by cvmikesisak via twitter 1:33 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): What you can do, must do, should do is what the evidence calls for. The defendant molested and abused...
(Walks over to Sandusky and stands behind him. Sandusky turns head around to look him in the eye).
He knows he did it, you know he did it. Give (alleged victims) the justice they deserve. Give him (Sandusky) justice he deserves.
Find him guilty of everything.
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:32 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): Defendant had opportunity to speak out and tell his case. He spoke to Bob Costas. I would think if someone asks you if you’re a child molester, immediate response is ‘You’re crazy, are you nuts?’ Instead of, ‘Am I sexually attracted to young boys?’
That’s his explanation, just likes young children.
Ron Petrosky, janitor, said Calhoun came out shaking like a leaf, said he saw JS in shower with boy…
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:31 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): Mike McQueary – Imagine shock he had when person you knew for ten years as a coach (do what he did). Think about what happened to him that night. You can understand shock he felt. He has been criticized for not going to police.
Went to his dad, who told him go to JoePa. That’s because JoePa was a go-to guy. He stood up to criticism, met the mark. Says one could argue that MM didn’t do all he could do. But he stepped up here and did right thing.
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:30 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): Hope you forgive me for some questions I asked that some might consider cruel. Part of my job. Victims knew they would be called liars, money grubbers because I told them what would happen.I hope they forgive me, hope you forgive me.
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:29 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): (Alleged victim) served country in war, then had to come back and talk about what happened to him as child.

Shrewd pedohile: start with what is already there and move forward.
JS thinks these are relationships.
Pred pedophile also has spectrum of treatment of his victims.

Spectrum of grooming behavior and spectrum of relationships.

Defendant relied on external appearances. Had access to a pool of victims. Had access through 2nd Mile all biological data of victims.
PSU not on trial and neither is 2nd Mile. I find that unfortunate. This about behavior of one man – this defendant. It’s a sad thing.
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:29 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): He wAs preying on those most vulnerable. Fatherless kids…

Psychosexual disorder – love children, special relationship with children, would never cause harm or what they think is harm; denying pedophile.

Grooming, cultivating a child. Predatory, pedophile behavior. Getting child accustomed to sexual touching.
Step one: shower. Step two: shower and hand on genitals. Step three: extended touching of sexual nature. Step four: Beyond that. Sexual intercourse.
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:28 PM
McGettigan closing (cont'd): Mr. Lasch – 2nd Mile golf outing witness.
Mr. Anderson and Brooks, they admitted to showering with boys. But wasn’t his practice to pick up boys and squeeze them inshower.
Mr. Amendola was stuck with trying to show that showering together is normal.
by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:28 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yS22cJPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members